KR Amazons 05 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri May 13, 2016 11:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 05 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Previous episode rating: 4.83 (12 votes)

Kind of a quiet episode, but nothing wrong with that right? Jin is sorely missing from the episode though.

It's a nice detail that they're still wounded from the last battle.

I wish Mizuki were more of a character. Is this a Flowers in the Attic kind of situation? The only thing she likes or is interested in is Haruka, which makes her somewhere between a plot device and the most boring character.

At least Nanaha has spunk. But besides mothering Haruka, she doesn't do that much either. What is her deal anyway? She finds Haruka in the middle of nowhere. Then her Jin sensor goes off apparently.

Still, cool bus fight. I remember laughing at something inappropriate. Maybe it was when the bus driver stepped on the bus with all the guys standing in front of it. (Did the Exterminator Squad really think their meat bag bodies could keep a bus stopped?)

I really like the fish-faced guy who helps Haruka's mother. He's so deadpan. I think that's kind of hilarious.

Edit: I remember why I inappropriately laughed. For some reason, I thought it was really funny the way the researchers were bothering Mamoru. Like what are they even doing?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons 05 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I hope Misaki remains alive throughout the series because he's a cool butt monkey with a shotgun. I can agree that Kanou's funny.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

perhaps the researchers thought it will pacify mamorou the same way they did with haruka.

love the no expression by the fish guy too! :lol:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At this point I don't know why the Extermination Squad is even bothering. They are clearly out of their league with the latest monsters, and vastly so. Even with Mamoru/Moleman on their side, they haven't been able to directly defeat a bug in several episodes. So running off with just their pea-shooters seems very poorly thought-out.

Also, driving your bus back and forth is not very threatening. :P I don't care what camera tricks they use, it's still a bus weaving from side to side, which is very hard to take as any kind of threat. Now if they tried to run it into something...

I did however like the wirework with the first monster (what was that, a butterfly?). It wasn't super fancy, but it was a nice departure from the normal ground fights.
takenoko wrote:I wish Mizuki were more of a character. Is this a Flowers in the Attic kind of situation? The only thing she likes or is interested in is Haruka, which makes her somewhere between a plot device and the most boring character.
There has to be something to her, otherwise we're being setup for a very big letdown.
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

I'm loving the confliction going on with haruka at the moment. I think we are being set up for a grand showdown between haruka and jin.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

*does a fang girl squeal* Looks like $h!ts getting real!!! Can't wait for next weeks episode :D
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:At this point I don't know why the Extermination Squad is even bothering. They are clearly out of their league with the latest monsters, and vastly so. Even with Mamoru/Moleman on their side, they haven't been able to directly defeat a bug in several episodes. So running off with just their pea-shooters seems very poorly thought-out.
It's their job. There are some things where you just have to pull through regardless if they are helpless for the most part. I don't think they are getting less money because of Haruka.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Fantastic episode as always, but I wonder why Nanaha seems to be mothering Haruka so much. Because he reminds her of Jin? I don't know.

Not sure how I feel about the new ending translation, I much preferred the old "nothing" line more so than "nasty," but whatever. Hopefully the official lyrics come out soon, along with Armour Zone Full version.
Last edited by FirenOh on Fri May 06, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I'm skeptical about that one too. Dunno till we get official lyrics though.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

sounds more like "nasty" than "nothing" to me so I prefer the new one

and also I think (according to my ear of course) the lyric at that part is "tsume tatenagara kieru nasty"
translated to something like "I hold my claw up (or my claw hold up) while disappearing nastily" probably?

sorry for sounding nitpicky

P.S. :
one more
dunno why it was changed from "kemono ga warau..." to "kemono ga azawarau..." ^^;
still prefer the first one ^^;
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

They are running tests on Jin and on the belt trying to replicate the technology. So after all they knew who Jin was but they don't have any data about what he is or what the belt tech is???? hmmm... interesting indeed. Haruka is just Gills all over again... he even have the same issues xD... Looks like the corporation is going to come out with they own Amazon belts or Riders eventually.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>dunno why it was changed from "kemono ga warau..." to "kemono ga azawarau..." ^^;

Oh, it should still be warau, not azawarau

>sounds more like "nasty" than "nothing" to me so I prefer the new one
d also I think (according to my ear of course) the lyric at that part is "tsume tatenagara kieru nasty"
translated to something like "I hold my claw up (or my claw hold up) while disappearing nastily" probably?

I was talking this over with luna and I think we both agree we both like nothing instead of nasty.

Tsume tatenagara kieru nothing
With my claws up I disappear into nothing
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Haruka: It just seems diffferent somehow...
Me: Well it certainly can't be the fact that Mizuki tried to hold a conversation beyond simply worrying about you missing like in the last 15... I mean, 4... episodes.

I really loved the twist at the end with the second Amazon in the tunnel, but the bit where Nahana's spider sense started tingling was a bit weird. Perhaps she's not just another pretty face in all of this. Considering Jin can pass for a human without effort, it's possible she's also some sort of special Amazon. Time will tell.

That bus ride reminds me of the local busses trying to avoid potholes. Seriously, though, there are more efficient ways to keep the squad from attacking than just nocking them constantly off-balance. And I wonder if the "so close" he uttered meant something different. It's either a plot twist or plot hole that he transformed without the armband acknowledging it. So maybe the Amazons have discovered a means to keep the armbands from activating? I really hope something comes out of that contradictory scene.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

For some reason, I thought the armband changed color when the Amazon started eating people AKA when it ran out of drugs.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Jin hopefully going to do some cool shit and bust out.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”