KR Amazons 06 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri May 20, 2016 12:03 am

☆☆☆☆☆
100%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 06 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Previous episode rating: 4.25 (8 votes)
Only 8 votes last week. Hopefully this one's more of a return to form?

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I'm still keeping an eye on the editor though, we don't need a dozen back and forth shots of Mizuki watching Haruka as she's driven away. But on the plus side, we got a new BGM which sounds quite nice. (Look, if the incident happened less than 5 minutes ago, don't use a flashback. We still remember it!!!)

Jin's awake, which instantly makes this episode better. No seriously, his discussion with both Haruka and Tachibana are great. Was anyone expecting Tachibana to be as funny as he was? Kamio Yuu is amazing (he was Dr. Maki on OOO in case you didn't know).

And hurray for Nanaha to the rescue. Awesome jail break is awesome.

The fight this week was fine. I don't mind the wirework, even if it seemed a bit floaty even on the parts where they should be bouncing off the walls and stuff. And I don't even mind the butterfly cape wing thing. But that hat... That was too much for me. As gritty as the show is, it finds ways to inject levity and be goofy, which is nice.

Also, Mamoru is still the best. Don't ever change.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Amazons 06 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

So... did anyone else notice for Mizuki, where she mentioned about twisting her ankle? Only to see her essentially walking fine a few minutes later?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Crafty Mizuki!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Mamoru's heartwarmingly awesome. And that reveal about Jin...
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The official show's logo is red and green, but it is still all black in this episode. I wonder what grand event will trigger them to color the logo?

Oh, and this show, and this episode are awesome.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

NIce episode. It's good Jin decided to take care of his own mess. Never enough of that.
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

An episode with a bit of world building (something this series needed a bit of). Something that seemed a bit odd to me was the fact that jin wasn't being fed, despite the fact that NP knows that if he isn't fed, he will probably rampage and escape. Yeah, jin has great control over his amazon cells, but even he probably wouldn't be able to remain in control after a while. if anything, haruka has more control, or is close to having more control. Another thing we learnt is that amazons can evolve. This is going to be a great, epic and bloody tale.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

The fight was pretty cool. yeah the hat seemed way off, i mean the suit was pretty cool but was kinda off, it would have worked as an alien or something else that could wear clothes being the hat that. anyway, was that the dobsonfly beastman from original amazon?

Also, i suggest you watch amazon, You'll notice some easter eggs. for example this episode violent punish had the same effect as the Dai setsudan on some monsters.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

takenoko wrote:And hurray for Nanaha to the rescue. Awesome jail break is awesome.
True, although wow, how redundant is that keypad if someone can just rip out the wire underneath it? :lol:
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Great episode, yeah sometimes a series need a building episode and this gave us a lot of development. The talk with Jin and Haruka was pretty good and I couldn't stop laughing when Jin showed up to Haruka with his like a boss smile. By the way anybody else thought that the episode was going to end when they used the ending as an insert song?

Now this opens a debate:
a)Kill all the amazons because they are a risk to society
b)Keep them alive because they're human but with high probabilities of being used as weapons or to put it in simpler way: slaves.

My theory:
Spoiler
Since it was remarked that Haruka is the third amazon then:
1.The final boss could be the first or second one, maybe the company owner is even an rank S amazon
2.Maybe this is going to be some kind of tie in with the original series

BIGH1001 wrote: Yeah, jin has great control over his amazon cells, but even he probably wouldn't be able to remain in control after a while. if anything, haruka has more control, or is close to having more control. Another thing we learnt is that amazons can evolve. This is going to be a great, epic and bloody tale.
But Haruka has his armlet while Jin doesn't, so is not the same, until this point we haven't seen Jin taking some kind of drugs or anything else to explain why he can control his amazon form.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Finally some major backplot!

I have a feeling Jin modified his Amazon cells somehow before injecting, since he was R&D.Or perhaps he used the completed form of the cells whereas the test subjects all had versions still in development. Or, if this is a tie-in, maybe he used the original Amazon cells. I really do hope they tie this tinto the original series.

Haruka's answer is a bit of a vague cop-out, but I was so happy to see him finally hit puberty. I mean, I love Mamoru because of his simplicity, but even he was capable of making choices for himself and I feel as though his childishness is the result of being in a coma since childhood, since wwe know they used other coma patients as test subjects. As it is, he's every bit as endearing as his predecessor. .m also curious to see just how many weapons/attacks Omega has, considering he almost never uses the same attack/weapon twice. More and more, the spike attack in this episode makes me think of Parasite Eve.

As for the hat, I'm almost certain this Amazon was based upon at least one other character. I'm instantly reminded of Baron Nero from ToQger, for example.

As of typing this, I think the polls have spoken and this may be considered the pinnacle episode out of all series currently airing - with good reason.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh nice. Always glad to see people participating in the polls. At the very least, it's cool to have a sampling of fan reactions. They always seem highest when there's a strong positive or strong negative reaction.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

453145 wrote:But Haruka has his armlet while Jin doesn't, so is not the same, until this point we haven't seen Jin taking some kind of drugs or anything else to explain why he can control his amazon form.
Raw eggs are his drug, maybe? :D
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I first thought they used a cut so that the actor didn't have to guzzle raw egg but he swallows it in close up like a boss.

I had no idea that was Doctor Maki, so kudos to the actor. Rewatching it I noticed that his expression after he got Tazared looked a lot like a Doctor Maki expression. I wonder if creepy doll will make a cameo? Or, with Nanaha, Mizuki, or Mizusawa Reika call him boy?

I also thought the battle where they were blasting the ending song was going to be cut off as a cliff hanger.

I am starting to wonder if Nanaha is Amazon number 2? She was rocking the lab coat and glasses look!
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

forgot about the armband. nevermind my comment then.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”