KR Amazons 08 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:05 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
6%
6%

Total votes: 16
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Re: KR Amazons 08 released

Post by 453145 »

As always Jin is the best part of the show. While you can call him racist, he has a strong point: the Amazons have a basic instinct: kill people, the humans don't.

So while you can make a person change his mind, you can't change the survival instincts of the Amazons, they'll eat human meat when they have that feeling, their bodies want it.

Off topic, but I would like to you to read to get a better understanding of what I'm trying to say:

Personally I understand Jin's way of thinking, here in Mexico, an unidentified guy pulled down the underwear of the reporter Andrea Noel, after that she denounced the act and got a security video, which was posted in her Twitter's account.
After that, the people on internet identified the agressor as Andoni Echeve, a conductor of a bad taste jokes program. Immediately this guy received tons of hate mails. What did he do? He searched and found another video where the agressor's face could be better seen.
Noel retired the accusation and confirmed that he wasn't the agressor. Does this guy have a terrible show? Yes, but that doesn't make him guilty of what happened.

Why am I telling this story?

Because our society has evolved to think as Haruka does, just imagine another scenario where Haruka is given an scenario with no context and he has to decide what he's gonna do. If he decides for the first impression and acts by his own, he could make a great mistake, he'll be deciding selfishly.

Thanks to social networks we can act as judge, jury and executioner and if we act by our own instinct we'll execute everyone. Maybe this time we met a murderer but that doesn't mean that the next time it'll be, that's why we have laws, to judge people who made horrible things.

Kamen Rider is a hero show, but that's the essence of Jin's speech, heroes don't exist, they hunt humanity threats to get paid or to redeem oneself, both selfish reasons, the kamen riders can't judge the people because they can't do it. There'll be always bad people in the world but is our job as society to judge them without first impressions, that's why the law is blind.

The hero's meaning have multiple ways of saying it, but he most common one is a person who fights for justice because he loves the humanity, while this can be reason to fight, they'll always have a selfish purpose before trying to protect the Earth, but that's developed when the story progresses along with the characters because "A hero loses the right to be one, the moment he tries to be a hero"
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu May 26, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited color to make easier to read- red on black hurts the eyes
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i give a 4/5 for this episodes. cool finishing move btw. 3rd rider thing, well its ok, and reasonable as well why the one who wear it is that guy. hope it's not sudden miracle thing thou, need a proper explanation why him i hope.
anyway, for those of you above who didnt like the grey area thing that kobayashi sensei try to put in this episodes, i kinda disagree with you. i like it.

as far as my understanding of the whole episodes, the whole squad, Jin, Haruka & almost everybody judge& act selfishly based on their own motive. that's not nice but that's reality in world nowadays:
1.The MOTW actually not yet eaten anyone before (ep7) & depends on the state of those 2 victim, if they still not dead (small chance), but he already being judge,beaten & gonna be killed by everybody based on how dangerous he is on people's perception.
2.Jin, he's cleary never stated he's a justice hero. he just a guy who wants to be responsible for his "sin". as he sees that Amazonz are dangerous, so he would kill them all. for humans, they are humans, not Amazonz monster that he created, so it's not his business. so if Nozomi gonna kick the psycho killer in the end, he also not gonna care anyway, coz that's not his sin. ---> i do think Jin is a person like this, which could be branded racist perhaps. but he's also admit actually that not all humans are good. nevertheless, amazonz are dangerous creture that he help created. so he himself have to kill them all. that's his redemption.
3.Haruka, agree with what Jin said, haruka principle for fight is still unclear & can be presume selfish & ambiguous. it's all depends on his perception, and he will protect/kill anyone. He's not God, and if he keeps following this principle it could leads him to Light Yagami/"Kira" from Death Note path. so before he becomes that way, its good that Jin& everybody halt his action, so that he can also revise his reason to fight.
4. Nozomi & Mamoru & the squad
i have to give thumbs up for nozomi, she beaten so much by the killer, especially in head/face part but yet she can still walk, try to kick him in the end, no concussion/dizzy at all + (keep her looks nice as well :D). anyway, the squad is hired/paid to kill amazonz, not become a justice hero as well. so there's no need for them to kill human i guess. and yeah, presubably nozomi also dont want mamoru to start attacking human, so thats why she keeps ordering mamoru to run. as for her, she's a human and could react angrily when she wanna kick that guy. but again, as catch/kill/punish a killer is not her job/authority, she must not doing it. thats why she able to hold the kick i guess as she remember that principe.

anyway, the moral grey area is kinda similar to garo "fishtank" episode i think. humans are not a perfect being, but are these people to judge?? their job/role could only for fighting AMAZONZ, further from that. it's all their own action. nozama wont cover it anyway.

and about the convo of Nanaha & Mizuki, the convo is good. Haruka & Mizuki start be bringin out from their naivety by Jin & Nanaha i guess. and despite the insist in their own way of thinking, subconsciously they also starting to thinking deeply& questioning themselves based on what Nanaha&Jin said.

Spoiler
-spoiler-
i guess next episodes the moral grey area would be more and more emphasize given the tone of the series
Last edited by fenrir on Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

still, it would've been better if they made some consequences for the killer, like let him be eaten by an amazon, captured by the police or sth. I mean there should be some karma for that f*cker. And Nozomi should've at least given him a punch. I gave this ep a 3.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I think a lot of issues would've been solved if when they busted out of the ground they were gasping for breath, considering they just went from having oxygen sucked from their lungs because of the fire and then digging through ground. Use the weakness of not being able to fight at full strength be what gets them chained. Instead of Nozomi telling Mamoru to not fight, have Mamoru get worried about attacking a human. It's already shown he is of a fragile mind. Give him a moment to be super conflicted between saving Nozomi/killing a human or keeping his sanity and not go full amazon. I think if they would've gone that direction for the whole junkyard scene the episode would've been fantastic. Also Jin should have pointed out that he will protect all humans, then do something to the killer. Break a leg or something. 'I didn't say what state the human has to be in to be saved.'
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The whole don't kill humans thing at the end wasn't really well done.

Excited for this new Amazon though.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I do think that considering the protagonist loudly announced that he would be hunting whoever he wanted whether they were Amazons or not, this would have been better used as a way of showing his resolve.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”