Season 2 confirmed

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Season 2 confirmed

Post by Lunagel »

BIGH1001 wrote:Question is; Is this going to be produced with western actors? (dragon knight-esqe), Or is it just going to be subbed?
Definitely just subbed, they only tend to redo stuff with Western actors if it's a) really popular or b) for kids.
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

Lunagel wrote:
BIGH1001 wrote:Question is; Is this going to be produced with western actors? (dragon knight-esqe), Or is it just going to be subbed?
Definitely just subbed, they only tend to redo stuff with Western actors if it's a) really popular or b) for kids.
Well, this makes more sense than masked rider and dragon knight. not too sure how close MR was to RX, and DK was made years after Ryuki. If they were to borrow footage to try KR in the west again, this would be the opportune time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh? They're still filming the show in Japan and creating it there. It's just probably going to get ported to the streaming service in sub form like Luna said. I don't think they even dub the Sentai series brought over to America. It'd probably cost way too much to do an American version of it.

Come to think of it, I sometimes wonder how Power Rangers is staying successful enough to keep going the way it does. I wonder what's more expensive, live action American toku or making cartoons?
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

takenoko wrote:Huh? They're still filming the show in Japan and creating it there. It's just probably going to get ported to the streaming service in sub form like Luna said. I don't think they even dub the Sentai series brought over to America. It'd probably cost way too much to do an American version of it.

Come to think of it, I sometimes wonder how Power Rangers is staying successful enough to keep going the way it does. I wonder what's more expensive, live action American toku or making cartoons?
I think the reason PR is successful as is is because they use footage from the sentai counterpart. KR did the same with DK. I think the one i caught out using japanese fotoage was super megaforce. There was a bright yellow sign in the distance with what looked like katakana writen on it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

But they still do out of suit fighting and action scenes and use CGI don't they? That plus the money they pay for the stock footage makes me wonder how successful they are. Especially since it seems like kids play with toys a lot less now. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a kid with a Power Rangers shirt or playing with a Power Rangers figure.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”