KR Amazons 10 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
72%
☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 10 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Previous episode rating: 4.85 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Ouch! That end!

For some reason I thought Sigma was partly mechanical, but that's probably just me interpreting Jin's line literally. Maehara's got this creepy undead thing going for him. Kind of wonder what's going on for him though?

I just skimmed eps 1-2, does Maehara play chess at some point during those episodes? I feel like maybe there's one scene of him holding a chess piece, but I can't seem to find any evidence of it.

I kind of wonder about Mizuki. Does she just want to bone her adopted brother or is this just her way of rebelling to get herself out of the aquarium that she's trapped in?

I love the shots of Kanou. While he doesn't necessarily say anything, he's just got so much character visually. Like the viewer can see something's up, even if Chief Mizusawa doesn't. Got to love that dramatic irony.

"Cancelling transformation, got to take a call."
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons 10 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Maehara did play mini chess just after the initial hunt of the 1st episode. That said, dang Kobayashi, Jun's the perfect expy to Wesker thanks to this episode!

Can't wait for next week!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

In this episode we saw something that we actually talked about before, Jin is in a fanatical quest to destroy all the Amazons, himself included.

And it was just like they said on Facebook, Sigma is a dead body injected with amazon cells. altough is kinda cliche, the neck breaking thing is kinda cool, and the fact that this amazon can open his mouth is good.

And finally, I hate to see Mamoru beaten up, If they kill him it's going to be very sad, specially if its taking advantage over his childish inocence like in the hug scene.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well shit... It's been a single episode and Sigma has gravely wounded both of the other Riders. No doubt he means business, though.

I really, really would like to get an idea of what Nozuma's leaders want with the Amazon cells though. 10 episodes in and we still don't understand why this began in the first place or why it was so important that they continue after the test subjects escaped.
eijiman wrote:In this episode we saw something that we actually talked about before, Jin is in a fanatical quest to destroy all the Amazons, himself included.
The actor played that so well. That was one hell of a smile on his face in that scene. Jin is completely and utterly 100% nuts. And he's going to break his wife's heart here some day, especially as they hint that she doesn't know that he plans to get himself killed as well. :(
takenoko wrote:I kind of wonder about Mizuki. Does she just want to bone her adopted brother or is this just her way of rebelling to get herself out of the aquarium that she's trapped in?
I continue to be baffled by her role in the series. I don't think she's meant to be the appeal of living a normal life - leaving the hero/Rider business - so what is it she's supposed to be?
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

That end just shocked me, i almost forgot how gruesome this series can be. But Jin is what made this episode for me. Not only his cheeky taunt of kazuya, but how he seems so calm about suicide. That shows that the character has put a lot of thought into this. I get the feeling that the series will end with all amazons dead and a monologue by the chairman, ryuki style (the monologue by the chief editor at the end).
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I didn't realise that the guy was with the extermination squad. Tbf he seemed kinda forgettable and throwaway back then.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

a very very good episode. i predict it is Fukuda/Nozomi/Mamoru/Shidou about the 1 who gonna be get killed in this episode, but this time Kobayashi really2 surprise me by killing the main chara (temporary) in the end of it. WOW great!!

Spoiler
is it at the end of preview looks like Omega choping Sigma neck with Violent Kick???
coz it's kinda abit anticlimax isnt it if it happened???

about Jin. THUMBS UP!!!! the chara is very very well writen & the actor play it perfectly so far. good performance by Kanou & Nanaha as well.

for Mizuki, i still hope 1 day she will gradually change into someone more involved in the story. she seems start to acccept the truth that she&Haruka could not keep living in the "safe&comfy Aquarium". hope it's a beginning for her chara to grow. coz if not, she just gonna be another boring eye candy chara which i dont hope exist in the very very dark KR series like this. she's pretty&cute, but i need the chara to grow more than just another pretty but boring girl character in KR series.
(i like how KR Malika in Gaim kinda have some power & role in the story of Baron thou, although yeah not that much either, at least she's quite strong & have chara right?)
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

I don't understand Mizuki tbh. All she seems to think about is herself. Does it even matter to her what Haruka is going through?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Dengar wrote:I don't understand Mizuki tbh. All she seems to think about is herself. Does it even matter to her what Haruka is going through?
I mean, most of what any of us do is think about ourselves, so it's not a completely alien thing to do. She does frame her wishes as a "This is what's best for Haruka" scenario. Not knowing what's at stake, she is right to say that Haruka is getting hurt in these battles. If he went home with her, he probably wouldn't have gotten a claw through the heart, for instance.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I'm pretty sure Mizuki's role is to show "the true casualties of war are the innocents". In the UC timeline of Gundam, they would go to great lengths to make you really care for a character just to kill them off in some horrible way. It proved that war was brtal and ANYONE can die. They haven't focused much on Mizuki, but I'm beginning to think that's the whole point. She's that good little girl who always does as she's told and has been sheltered from the real world.

When her mother brings an ill amnesiac home, the two bond, both safe from the rashness of reality. The writers are intentionally keeping her character vague to illustrate how shallow and sheltered her entire life has been up until this point. And now Mizuki's being selfish... not because she's in love, but because the illusion of safety is shattering around her. She''s lost her anchor, and that terrifies her. "Has he really changed" in this context becomes "Will I have to change?".

As someone who had the illusion of safety ripped away at a very young age, I think viewing Mizuli in this context makes me like her more and really sympathise.
ViRGE wrote:I really, really would like to get an idea of what Nozuma's leaders want with the Amazon cells though. 10 episodes in and we still don't understand why this began in the first place or why it was so important that they continue after the test subjects escaped.
It was originally a pharmaceutical grab. The idea is that these new resiliant Amazon cells could provide a minor form of immortality to peole with terminal illnesses, paralysis, and other major medical conditions. That's why all the original patients (including Mamoru) were in comas or otherwise hopeless cases. Unfortunately, the cells had a mind of their own and began devouring even healthy human cells like a parasite.

Ostensibly, when the first Amazons awoke, their power led to the idea of a military application. Jin realised the ethical dilemma (you're actually killing the patient, and the cells could be a weapon instead of miracle cure) and vowed to undo what he'd help ceate. His determination to eliminateall Amazons (including himself) stems from this guilt. As for the company's head, he simply wants the cells perfected to assure his own immortality. He's said before that money isn't important when the squad needed replacements).
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

takenoko wrote:I mean, most of what any of us do is think about ourselves, so it's not a completely alien thing to do. She does frame her wishes as a "This is what's best for Haruka" scenario. Not knowing what's at stake, she is right to say that Haruka is getting hurt in these battles. If he went home with her, he probably wouldn't have gotten a claw through the heart, for instance.
My problem is that she is making zero effort to even try to understand Haruka's side of things. It just feels possessive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, to be fair the conversation in this episode is the first time she's had to talk with him. Up to this point, she's been talking to characters around him, or been dragged away from him without really much explanation of what's going on. Like Ashki says, she's very much an innocent. She's completely ignorant of the world, unlike the viewer with our omniscient perspective, we know what's at stake.

When Haruka tells her his reasoning, she does seem to back off a bit. At the end, it does seem like she understands that maybe Haruka just isn't coming home.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

So it's the "let's kill the main rider (bring him close to death), then do something to revive him and accidentally give him his final form" plot? Just kidding. I recently finished watching Drive, and because Ghost did the same thing that it's immediately what I thought of at the end of the episode as a joke. I was actually pretty shocked at that ending, but then the previews ruined it.
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

nice episode, interesting ending, but then the preview jumped in and spoiled all the fun...
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

PTM966666 wrote:nice episode, interesting ending, but then the preview jumped in and spoiled all the fun...
Sometimes I think they forget they are not doing a kid's show.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”