KR Amazons 10 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
72%
☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Amazons 10 released

Post by Ashki »

PTM966666 wrote:nice episode, interesting ending, but then the preview jumped in and spoiled all the fun...
This is why I always skip the previews first time watching. It's pretty much a trope to show the big shocking reveal for the next ep in almost every preview. I'm reminded of the injury reveal from Hitchhiker's Guide where they tell you who bruised their arm so you wouldn't suffer the health-threatening anxiety of not knowing until the next ep/chapter.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ashki wrote: I'm reminded of the injury reveal from Hitchhiker's Guide where they tell you who bruised their arm so you wouldn't suffer the health-threatening anxiety of not knowing until the next ep/chapter.
They don't tell you who bruised their arm, they just tell you that someone's arm was bruised:
Stress and nervous tension are now serious social problems in all parts of the galaxy and it is in order that this situation should not be in any way exacerbated that the following facts will now be revealed in advanced: The planet in question, is, in fact, Magrathea. The deadly nuclear missile attack shortly to be launched by an ancient automatic defence system will merely result in the bruising of somebody’s upper arm, and the untimely creation and sudden demise of a bowl of petunias and an innocent sperm whale. In order that some sense of mystery should still be preserved no revelation will yet be made concerning whose upper arm has been bruised. This fact may safely be made the subject of suspense since it is of no significance whatsoever.
And then, at the very end of the episode, after the credits:
ARTHUR: I’m sorry, but I’d probably be able to cope better if I hadn’t bruised my arm…
So slightly different but your point still stands ^^
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

The reveal varies slightly between the TV series, radio drama, and books. That's one of the things I loved about the Guide is that every version contradicted each other (and sometimes themselves) so you had a different expeience every time. I wish more writers would learn to do this.

On a side note: I'm going to be going spare once Amazon ends. Four releases per week, and two of them mature series... I mean, I'm in the middle of both GoRanger and Sun Vulcan, so I won't notice the huge 50% drop in T-N releases as much assome others, but hopefully we'll get some eps from a shelved series now that the workload's going to ease up *coughKuugacough* or maybe a jump on the blu-ray updated releases. Unlike many others on here, I don't watch much western TV, so these subs are my free hamburgers. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's fine, just remember to come visit from time to time. We've always got random movies and stuff going on. It's always good to have another voice in the conversation
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

Oh, I may go silent now and then (don't usually have much time to check the forums), but I've been here for years now. Plus, there's still Super Hero Time to keep up on! ^_-
NEO Ness
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, and Agito
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Yuuki Sato
Favorite Band: M83
Quote: "My grandmother said "Justice is myself. I am justice." " - Tendo Souji

Post by NEO Ness »

I just caught up and I have to say: "Holy **** this is so awesome!" I know it's probably not a popular opinion around here but Den-O+ Kamen Rider series have lost the Kamen Rider soul (IMHO). I'm glad that the demand for a pure and true series of Kamen Rider was high enough to do this. I almost want to know how I can give them my money I want this to be so successful. I hope they take this approach and keep going with it. I'd love to see more like this past Amazons. If it is localized, I'm buying the crap out of it. This could be the start of something amazing! :D
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

If Kamen Rider lost its soul around Den-O then it lost it for a good reason: Den-O is one of the most popular Rider shows of all time. However, if Amazons creates a huge buzz and becomes popular then perhaps future KR's will swing back from comedic and light to being dark and gritty?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think he's referring to the criticism that Kamen Rider became a lot more light hearted and less gritty with the start of Den-O. I'd rather not get into an argument about that here though. If people want to talk about it, I can create a new topic in the Kamen Rider forums and let them argue about it there.
NEO Ness
Gao

Post by NEO Ness »

takenoko wrote:I think he's referring to the criticism that Kamen Rider became a lot more light hearted and less gritty with the start of Den-O. I'd rather not get into an argument about that here though. If people want to talk about it, I can create a new topic in the Kamen Rider forums and let them argue about it there.
Sorry I didn't want to start an argument. I'm just glad the demand is out there, I was losing faith. I started with Kabuto and the more I went backwards (555, Ryuki, Agito, Black, etc) the more I liked them. But I'm just excited for this! Thank you so much for subbing this!!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What you said was fine. I was just trying to preempt an off-topic argument. Hopefully it didn't sound like I was criticizing you personally.
NEO Ness
Gao

Post by NEO Ness »

takenoko wrote:What you said was fine. I was just trying to preempt an off-topic argument. Hopefully it didn't sound like I was criticizing you personally.
Nah, no criticizing done there. Buuuut if you do want to start that "traditional Rider vs New Rider" debate thread, I wont stop you. I'd gladly voice my opinion more thoroughly. :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19500

Sounds fun, let's make it happen.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm thinking they are building up Sigma to be the final boss of the season. (I know there are three episodes left) Aside from that, I'm glad I ate before I saw the ending.
Faisal137
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Faisal137 »

All the downloads in the Direct Downloads section that I tried says that the files were deleted, I'm sorry that this is off topic but I thought you guys should know this.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We leave the direct downloads to volunteers, so unfortunately that sort of thing happens.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”