KR Amazons 11 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:18 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
86%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 11 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Previous episode rating: 4.75 (16 votes)

Alt Title: This is what makes it a Sentai!

You know it's sad when the spin-off adult Rider show is more of a Sentai than the Ninningers- oh wait that show's over.

What a good episode. Everyone's fighting for their personal beliefs, but yet the good guys pull together to take down the big bad. Oh Kanou, you were a masterful beast. You had me totally fooled.

All that's left is to put down the adorable puppy who's been with us all this time.

Hey wait, wasn't eating human meat supposed to delay the craving? Was Sawai Miyuu just wrong about that?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons 11 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

All that's left is to put down the adorable puppy who's been with us all this time.
Kobayashi...

Did you watch Old Yeller while on drugs?? Are you trying to top Toby Fox of Undertale?!

That said, I do like this revelation and the upcoming deconstruction of the "Fire-Forged Friends" trope next episode. The teamwork's splendid. And Kanou-san, just eat a Snickers. You're less-assertive when you're hungry.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I found a joke I meant to make in my notes:

Haruka's basically a video game protagonist. Just eat garbage food to recover HP.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

When Mamoru was knocked over into the room in the restaurant scene back in episode 9, the first thought that actually came into my mind was that Mamoru might have eaten the human patty. It was, in some ways, predictable.

I liked the action in this episode though. Seeing the two Kamen Riders team up was pretty neat.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Not cool, Amazons, not cool at all. I was so stoked when our fractious friends banded together to take down the undead Amazon using their old teammate’s face. Plus, I thought that they might re-purpose the Sigma belt for Mamoru so that he could be stabilized more and upgraded from his generic monster form...and then it ends on the reveal that he accidentally ate human meat back in the restaurant episode. Show, you’re killing me with these cliffhangers! But I really shouldn’t have let myself get my hopes up when we had all of those shots of everyone adopting the coins as their protective charms, even Jun after he dissolved into a pile of goo. It was so heartwarming it was ominous.

In case it’s not obvious, I’ve been enjoying the heck out of this series. The action is top-notch, and it’s tackling the emotional issues that go along with plots that are mainstays of the Kamen Rider franchise, such as body modification, hunting a monster species living among normal humans, hybrid beings struggling to retain their humanity, etc. Such a treat to watch every week.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Hey wait, wasn't eating human meat supposed to delay the craving?
I'd think of Mamoru's first time eating human flesh like someone doing crack cocaine for the first time.

On another note... Hey, P-Bandai, there's a peculiar Amazon Register in the preview for next week's episode. MAKE THEM!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

I don't know about anyone else's file but my SD version is in a different resolution from normal. Is that how this episode is suppose to be?
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem

Post by BIGH1001 »

Dammit Mamoru. I suppose he isn't strong willed enough to resist the temptations. And i'm getting the feeling that for some reason, Haruka may be immune to tlaloc in amazon form. Is their any other reason why there is no visible mouth/nostril when he uses the belt? (even though it is a massive stretch)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

lennyhouston16 wrote:I don't know about anyone else's file but my SD version is in a different resolution from normal. Is that how this episode is suppose to be?
Yeah, that was my fault. I ticked the 640x480 line instead of the line above it. v2 should be out soon.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I don't think eating human meat delays the effect so much as the steady diet of human meat placating the very small urges. I mean, he only ate it the once and then nothing, right?

Anyway I did not like this development at all. I mean on an emotional level. I do love this on an intellectual level.

Also, so much for Amazon Sigma being the final boss. Kappa
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Post by DekaBreak »

TypicalStandUser wrote:
Kobayashi...
Spoiler for Ryuki:
Spoiler
That really was playing it dirty, and that makes it delicious... We haven't seen her do something this messed up since... Ryuki with Yui being revealed to have already died, making Shinji fight for real?

I guess Mamoru's role as a foil for Haruka (alongside Jin) will be reversed? With him joining the Extermination Squad so that they can take him down should he ever eat humans, it's Haruka who will have to take down Mamoru with their help.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote:
lennyhouston16 wrote:I don't know about anyone else's file but my SD version is in a different resolution from normal. Is that how this episode is suppose to be?
Yeah, that was my fault. I ticked the 640x480 line instead of the line above it. v2 should be out soon.
The aspect ratio of the v2 seems wrong (the video is stretched vertically)

From VLC, resolution is 848×482 and display resolution is 848×480. Telling VLC to stretch to 16:9 aspect ratio works but is a temporary solution.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

BIGH1001 wrote:Dammit Mamoru. I suppose he isn't strong willed enough to resist the temptations. And i'm getting the feeling that for some reason, Haruka may be immune to tlaloc in amazon form. Is their any other reason why there is no visible mouth/nostril when he uses the belt? (even though it is a massive stretch)
I forgot the details of that ep, but did he really know??
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Exhibit A: Kamen Rider OOO. The girl in Eiji's flashbacks who got missile barraged.
Exhibit B: Casshern Sins. An episode where 3rd main character Ringo befriended another little android girl who is later choked to death by a crazed android to get a rise out of a easily incensed Casshern.
Exhibit C: GARO The Animation, 1st season. In Octavia's backstory when she was young, her family of parents and one little sister was attacked by a pack of wolves as they were praying to God. Only Octavia survived.
Exhibit D: Timeranger. Yuuri's backstory where her family died by a hired gun from Don Dolnero. Like the previous example, Yuuri's the only one alive, but her little sister wasn't lucky.

Kobayashi likes to kill little girls from time to time. She CAN be messed up if she wants. It might have been one of the factors to Gen Urobuchi's inspiration for Madoka aside from it being a Ryuki for Magical Girls.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

"Don't look so disgusted!"
"Not that I could tell though."
- Best in-joke of the Rider mask ever, Jin. The mask is suppose to be your face and not an armor :P

Kanou is really like that second best character in the show after Jin.

Mamoru paying the team to help them stay together, that is really clever. And that is the best team fight ever. Different factions fighting together to defeat a common enemy, nice choreography, and shooting bullets into each other to increase damage? Wow.

Damn it Kobayashi, you can't leave the audience with a feeling of victory. Loving this series.

I think Mamoru ate that patty because it looks like the hamburger patties that he eats everyday. He never would know that was made from human meat.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”