KR Amazons 12 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 am

☆☆☆☆☆
70%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 12 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Previous episode rating: 4.94 (18 votes)

Alt Title: Everything that can go wrong...

This episode was messy for me, in more ways than one. It seems like every episode goes out of its way to prove that no matter what Haruka believes, he'll ultimately be proven wrong. I mean, it's a problematic world, only because everyone forgets in every episode that Amazons will eventually turn into monsters that eat people. Even if Haruka believes in Sawai Miyuu or Misaki in Mamoru, there's a time limit that will end in tragedy.

Speaking of which, why did they bring Sawai Miyuu back? It's always cool to see a cameo, but they treat it like he's Haruka's Amazon waifu, so it's this big tragedy when he has to kill her in the end. But it's not, since we barely even know the character. Plus, Haruka's a dumbass for saving them. Since they're clearly still killing people and eating them. And that's on top of the people they killed and ate already in the restaurant. What exactly is his criteria for what's an Amazon that needs to be saved and what isn't?

It's alright to write a main character whose not sure about what his main beliefs are, as long as the events in the story help shape something in him eventually. But Haruka just doesn't seem to know or learn anything from his experiences. So as good as the writing is, in that regard he's a frustrating character to watch. Since he's just a dumbass, plain and simple. He's naive and idealistic, but he has no idea how the world works. Maybe this will pay off in the next "last episode".

I knew it, Mamoru is still blue, he's just got a taste for humans now. This is another problematic point. What does it mean? If Mamoru were human, he'd just be no different from a cannibal? If I were to eat human meat, would I rip off my friend's arm and chow down if I had the chance? It sets up a tragic scenario, but what exactly is the ultimate point of it? I guess since it's not red, that means Mamoru can be "saved". But will his team ever be able to trust him again?

Jin's just acting like a madman at the end. I just feel so sorry for Nanaha, since she's obviously in love with a man who's got priorities that aren't her.

So yeah, tragedy all around. Will this get wrapped up in the "last episode"? I like how it's just titled M, the code name that they've been using for Mamoru this whole time. Clever girl.

I can't tell if I think this is a 3 or a 4 star episode. It definitely sets up cool things, but I feel like none of it pays off in this one. I guess I just don't know how to feel or react to what's going on, which probably means it was a 3 for me.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons 12 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I like the kills in the episode, but the execution of the dramatic parts, zod I need alcohol. Haruka better realize that he can't save everyone and he can't expect the Amazons to stay "human" forever.

Old Yeller is put down, not spared. As much as it pains me, Mamoru has to die. Him still being with the Exterminators is baffling.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, got to love the Of Mice and Men moment that nearly happened. "Oh no, it's blue. Abort, man. Abort!"

It's a pity they cheaped out on the suits. I guess the mass awakening was supposed to be drones for Sawai Miyuu's queen bee/hornet awakening. But they're clearly soldier ant drone costumes.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The president licked his tongue, and Chief Mizisawa is freaking scared of him. I dare to think what this means.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote:It's alright to write a main character whose not sure about what his main beliefs are, as long as the events in the story help shape something in him eventually. But Haruka just doesn't seem to know or learn anything from his experiences. So as good as the writing is, in that regard he's a frustrating character to watch. Since he's just a dumbass, plain and simple. He's naive and idealistic, but he has no idea how the world works. Maybe this will pay off in the next "last episode".
*coughRyuukicough*

I'm pretty sure the president is an Amazon... Not to mention, this whole Third Chil... erm, Third Amazon thing has been bugging me. I mean, you would think Shinj... umm, Haruka would have a much higher number or perhps lower. Something tells me Jin and Mamoru aren't #1 and 2.

All in all, though, I think the massive reality checks all around were long overdue. Keep in mind, the chef was blue, as were all the restaurant patrons. Thus, meat addiction has no effect on the armlet. I wonder if Mamoru will fully awaken next ep. Also, could this golden armlet be the parallel for the Gaga armlet? If so, will it have an effect beyond simple suppressors? I get the sneaky feeling the armlet actually contains an "upgrade" version of the Amazon cells meant to make Haruka immune to Tlaloc.

One last silent hope the original Amazon makes an appearance (even cameo will do) in the final ep...
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I think that the armlets turn from blue to red when they're out of medicine. I think that they dispense medicine as necessary to hold the Amazon cells in check. In this case, his cells hadn't actually taken over but his instincts did.

Speaking of the third Amazon reference, I don't think the numbering goes the way you guys are assuming. Jin turned himself into an Amazon after the 4000 test subjects escaped in order to hunt them down. Possibly the first was the original series reference, and the second would have been the prototype used for the 4000. So the third would really be the third-generation, and since Jin said he is the same type as Haruka, then I think that his Amazon cells actually came from Haruka.
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

This episode was great for me. Looks like my prediction was right for the final showdown between Haruka and Jin. But what of the president? I think he had the amazon cells commissioned in order to either expand his life span or achieve immortality. I wonder what the second season will bring?
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I think this episode is good because it illustrates what Jin tries to explain to Haruka in the bird man episode. Jin is clear that all Amazons, himself included, must die. Haruka hesitates to kill Amazons who are trying to live in quiet - what's problematic to the humans is that he's fine with a man-eating species surviving, as long as they try not to as much as they can. But if these Amazons go after his sister he won't mind killing them. So as Jin says, Haruka is the more selfish person than Jin and his mother who conveniently want to slaughter their living creations, because according to his rules, he decides who gets hunted and who doesn't, as per his preferences. In a sense he's a less intelligent, but more successful version of, Mitsuzane from Gaim, to whom, the ultimate goal is to be able to allow and deny, give and take, as he wishes. Haruka is just as dangerous like Mitsuzane. That's Jin's point. Haruka initially wanted Amazons with moral compasses, but when that;s impossible his own ideals kick in. Jin has problems with that, and so will even save a murderer from an Amazon.

I didn't agree back then, but this epodes cleared things up.
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

Very good and very bad episode at the same time. It is really dark and when I finish watching, I feel uneasy. All the time I feel tension about Mamoru stuff. It's really... scary! From the very beginning I don't like Mamoru character. He is an idiot and monster who eat people! Weak and dangerous fellow. Let's get to the point: If extermination team exterminate every amazons expect mamoru and haruka (maybe?) what's fate will has Mamoru? They lock him somewhere, feed him with hamburgers and treat him like test subject (again!). "Golden cage" or even worst. I wonder what if amazons win against human? They'll eat everything what is to eat... and what's next? They all die from starving or eat each other but all options lead to dramatic end - All of them - DIE. Race without future.

Haruka is really stupied. It was obvious that "Sawai Miyuu" and others will eventually eat people... again. They eat human meat in restaurant or just attack someone... what's the difference? Uhh. And Jin. In the beginning he was somewhat like Tendou Souji. Tendou was a bit asshole, but in the end he was always right about his actions and decision. Jin is different. I really can't keep up with this character from the episode with junkyard. Amazon murderer, Human murderer... again: what's the difference. I'm confused. Maybe I'm too stupied or just motivations of main characters ar somewhat messy.

And in the end we have got interesting preview. Mamoru is with the team? Kazuya... your arm is in the place again? It's artificial arm or what the hell? He recover pretty fast. He will fight with one functioning arm? Crazy guy.
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Takenoko hit all of the major points I was going to touch on after watching this episode. Haruka's naivety is getting to be painful - he knows these test subjects are eating humans. Meanwhile the armbands get even more confusing, since they obviously aren't a good indicator of when a test subject has a hankering for a piece of Hank.

Meanwhile I knew this episode would be a downer after last week's, but just how brutal it was surprised even me. Mamoru turning cannibal was telegraphed a mile away, but I didn't think we'd see him snacking on a member of the extermination squad. :o This episode really should have been titled "Let's Kill Everyone." But on the plus side, it's nice to see that Jin isn't just a fighter and can pull off a legitimately good threat.

Otherwise this was a decent episode, but the pacing was just a bit off. If they had tightened it up by a minute or two and cut down the dwelling, I think it would have moved better.
takenoko wrote:Jin's just acting like a madman at the end. I just feel so sorry for Nanaha, since she's obviously in love with a man who's got priorities that aren't her. .
Though even when they're fighting, Jin and Nanaha are the cutest thing on this show. Assuming Jin doesn't make it to season 2, I hope she does.

On the other hand, what is the point of Mizuki again? We're 12 episodes in and she still seems more like a plot device. :(
Yaiba wrote:The president licked his tongue, and Chief Mizisawa is freaking scared of him. I dare to think what this means.
Three words: eww, old people. :shock:

Finally, three random oberservations.

1) I miss people yelling "Henshin" and making exaggerated arm movements. "Amazon" just isn't the same
2) So now the extermination squad isn't sleeping in the common area? I feel like consistency got thrown out to setup that scene between Mamoru and Haruka.
3) The President's facial expression when calling out the Chief's name cracked me up. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be that funny or not.

Oh, and a quick error. 21:42: "Let me eat he!" Amazons may have poor taste in food, but they are at least grammatically correct. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, someone just pmed that to me. I'll pump out a quick v2. Thanks!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So this episode kind of highlights to me how Haruka as a character hasn't really been developed well so far, with all his flip flopping. I mean, I get that he probably identifies as being an Amazon but this shit is annoying. I know they still have the second season and we might not be done with it, but what I thought was going well early on has kind of stagnated.

Of course, as I thought, Fukuda didn't really say anything and that ended up costing Misaki his arm.

And love Jin. Him fighting was great this episode. He's been horribly underutilized in this department.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:Of course, as I thought, Fukuda didn't really say anything and that ended up costing Misaki his arm.
Eh? Fukuda straight out tells Misaki to watch out for Mamoru.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Of course, as I thought, Fukuda didn't really say anything and that ended up costing Misaki his arm.
True, but all he had was a suspicion, and didn't voice that very well... "He's an Amazon" should've been something a little more like "I'm worried he's at risk of awakening, so please watch for any odd behaviour". Misaki instead went in prepared with only a hamburger.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Ashki wrote:
takenoko wrote:
True, but all he had was a suspicion, and didn't voice that very well... "He's an Amazon" should've been something a little more like "I'm worried he's at risk of awakening, so please watch for any odd behaviour". Misaki instead went in prepared with only a hamburger.
Mamoru is the most trustful one, so if Fukuda tells any one from the team that Mamoru wants to eat people, they will not believe him, also Fukuda couldn't know about what happened in the restaurant so his suspicions don't have fundaments.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”