KR Amazons 13 released (Season 1 finale)

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:20 am

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 22
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: KR Amazons 13 released (Season 1 finale)

Post by ViRGE »

Alessar wrote:Nanaha looked pregnant at the end to me.
I think it's just the baggy clothes. But the potential ramifications of that would be frightening. :shock:
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

He wouldn't risk it knowing he's part amazon. He wants to kill them all.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

453145 wrote: 3)Why when Jin was eating an amazon, was everyone so shocked? because I remember Haruka trying to bite/eat other amazons in several episodes.
I don't think he was trying to eat other Amazons before though. Just using his teeth as another weapon in his arsenal. I guess it'd be like if you saw a dog eating another dog.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote:no one died
By no one you mean who?

I wonder what was the real life prop used for the Amazon meat that Jin ate. Chocolate?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I meant, none of the main characters
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Revorse wrote:
453145 wrote: 3)Why when Jin was eating an amazon, was everyone so shocked? because I remember Haruka trying to bite/eat other amazons in several episodes.
I don't think he was trying to eat other Amazons before though. Just using his teeth as another weapon in his arsenal. I guess it'd be like if you saw a dog eating another dog.
Sorry if I didn't explain very well. In the second episode, while Haruka was in his wild amazon state, he tried to bite Jin with the purpose of eating him, after he got the belt when he transforms his behavior changes to wild amazon, that's why he says Amazon so exagerated, I tell you this from my point of view, this is how I think the show works. Now, Omega doesn't have the suit to use the teeth as a weapon, that would be more logical if his Rider form looked more like Alpha or Sigma and the scenes when he bites other amazons are too long for just being an attack, and why would he need teeth as a weapon when he has giant blades?
NEO Ness
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, and Agito
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Yuuki Sato
Favorite Band: M83
Quote: "My grandmother said "Justice is myself. I am justice." " - Tendo Souji

Post by NEO Ness »

This show... Wow.

As far as agreeing with the writing, I think the only time I cringed at the show's writing is when that normal human murder guy tried to kill those two characters and they didn't do a damn thing about it. I know the message was "We're not heroes, we're mercs" but if that happened to me I'd beat the living crap out of that guy for what he did to me. Didn't have to kill him, but they let him go barely with a scratch.

As far as the main character goes, I'm not on board with him. He had a identity crisis, and I guess this final episode showed that he finally found his place, but it seems to me it's on the wrong side. He has basically lost his humanity and senses of right and wrong. I'm rooting for Jin WAY more than Haruka at this point.

"But those people were innocent, they didn't transform into monsters yet!" No! They were eating people. That means they were indirectly killing them as they knew about it and allowed it to happen for their own selfish gain. Any killing of a person for selfish gain that isn't in self defense is murder, end of story. "But it isn't selfish gain, they're trying to survive and that's the only way they can." Then survival of the fittest takes place and any threat upon humanity must be destroyed or suppressed as we did with many animals in the past. It's the same argument with Vampires, "They only eat people because they have to. It's not their fault." No, it's not their fault. But as the apex predator of the known world, we're obligated to survive by all means necessary. A threat to humanity is a threat that needs to be purged, and I think Jin is in the right here.

Why do I have the feeling that Japan doesn't have the same view on the severity of murder as we do? It's not just this show I've noticed it with...

This all doesn't mean I'm not for a mutual relationship. But Haruka keeps siding with the Amazons then when they threaten to kill someone he slices them in half, but then he immediately says to Mamoru "It's okay to eat people". Make up your mind!!!

Aside from those complaints, this show is one of the best Tokusatsu thing I've seen, but that isn't saying much.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sometimes I wonder if the no-killing thing is just a result of us watching shows that are usually aimed at kids. Even though Amazons isn't a kid's show, Kobayashi is a kid's writer by trade, and Riders are normally aimed at kids/young adults.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So you think that Amazons are wrong while humans are right? Since both are trying to survive, I think that if one is in the right, the other is too.

Jin seemed to have lost his mind at the end, until Nanaha shows up.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

@mandalori
that's whats my point i guess. this KR Amazons series try to make viewers see the whole POV from the Amazons side, that's why Haruka is the protagonist.
Jin in here got the antagonist role, but in usual Kamen Rider, usually we see the series from this type of Hero character POV
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
NEO Ness
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, and Agito
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Yuuki Sato
Favorite Band: M83
Quote: "My grandmother said "Justice is myself. I am justice." " - Tendo Souji

Post by NEO Ness »

Mandalori wrote:So you think that Amazons are wrong while humans are right? Since both are trying to survive, I think that if one is in the right, the other is too.

Jin seemed to have lost his mind at the end, until Nanaha shows up.
I remember in grade school we watched something called "Ricky Ticky Tavi". One of the arguments/discussion for the short story/animated short was the fact that from the snakes perspective he wasn't in the wrong. That's just how snakes have to be to survive. Given that argument, you're right. Both are right in their own POV. It's easy to discern this POV argument from a superior species perspective looking down at other animals.

But, because we're human, we have our basic instincts to survive when push comes to shove. From a human's perspective the Amazons are the bad guys, but from the Amazon's perspective Human's are food and they need to survive that way.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm a human. So that means I'd side with humanity. I don't like to see other humans get killed, and if I was in that circumstance I'd kill a Amazon before they'd kill me in a heartbeat.

If you don't mind other people dying then I dunno what to say beyond that.

As far as Jin is concerned he's just exhausted with rage and a sense of duty.

Also after watching it again I've noticed that a message they're trying to get by is that the Amazons are the next Human evolution. But that brings up a weird argument in that when a new species is born usually the older ones die out over time. (Usually the changes from evolution happens slowly over time). This forced evolution is a result of human intervention, so that means they skipped the slow part. But what strikes me as odd is that they feed off of Humans. What happens when they become the dominate species of Earth and Humanity is gone? Do they keep us around as cattle?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, it's not really that much of a moral argument. Yeah, we have our human bias, but it's still logical to side with humans in the long run. The fact that Amazons are literally on a timer to become monsters sort of make their long term prospects invalid. They don't retain their intelligence once they become a slave to their base instincts. Remember Ryuusuke? He can't even do what he wants, and ends up hurting people that he cares about after he loses control. If we're going for greater optimal good for everyone, Amazons have to die sooner... or a little bit later.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

For the last episode of the season, I felt it was pretty anti-climatic, even more so when you look at the other episodes. At least that's how I felt about it.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

I know it's too late for a comment, but maan this series is superb! Can't wait for season 2, keep the subbing TV Nihon!

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”