KR Amazons 13 released (Season 1 finale)

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:20 am

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 22
eijiman
IXA

Re: KR Amazons 13 released (Season 1 finale)

Post by eijiman »

Well, Actually on this one i was totally on Jin's side, Haruka seems an idiot with his i will protect amazons until they become wild then i will kill them too.

Good episode, just it had some flaws, for example when Jin walked wounded, it would be a good moment to attack. at east they should have made clear that even wounded he was able to kill the lesser amazons. the other main flaw i have about the show it's Haruka's way of thinking, i mean, he will kill them when they go berzerk, so what is the purpose of letting them live? to risk people to get eaten? in the end the best answer was to exterminate them all, iof you thin about it, in the restaurant, the lady he tried to protect is a murderer, all of them were already eating human beings, inocent people were killed to feed them, they were no better than the berzerk amazons. Well, at least in the end they made somewhat clear that haruka is even considering that an amazon eating humans might be right. So im totally #TEAMJIN
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

DekaBreak wrote:
Kuchiri wrote:I wonder what we're going to see in Season 2... I mean, there is going to be a time where Haruka will awaken, and what will he awaken as?

You know, with that revelation it's clear that all 3 belt-using Amazons are part human. Since Jin gets by fine with a belt and no anti-awakening drugs, maybe Haruka wouldn't awaken, or if he does, it could be a controlled awakening. And that would fulfill his wish of Amazons living in quiet. (Please don't give Season 2 this happy ending, Kobayashi)

The old man basically inverted the food chain, where humans were once at the top, they are now at the bottom. Haruka's objection to the convenient murder of Amazons is a defiance against the human tendency to be the final predator of all life on the planet. That extends to all series like this - the henshin heroes are expected to keep in check anything that damages human interest, although from the other side, it is just the villain civilization's quest for progress (talking about those not out to destroy humanity but just rule it - Roidmudes, Enter etc). Human superiority complex. As I felt the urge to punch Haruka right then and there when he told Mamoru that it's ok to eat humans, I wonder if this species is truly that moral and if it deserves to be protected by Riders, Rangers and Ultras in the Tokuverse.

Damn Kobayashi. You made me the villain.
I was actually leaning towards the ending where Haruka and Jin have the final fight and Haruka is the last living Amazon, he awakens but since he's an amazon with humans cells injected. He awakens with a human with no urge to eat, thus making him conflicted with his choices.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

So were Haruka and Jin fighting on and off for 3 weeks? Cause that's what I had gathered from the battle scars and how scared the timid Amazons were.
Arashi1984
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite Band: DUSTZ

Post by Arashi1984 »

For me this was one the seasons I have watched so far :D and I hope they don't mess things up in the next season. :?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Maybe I'm just grouchy today, but I wasn't super impressed with the finale. By no means was it bad - most of it was quite good - but I definitely dislike some of the direction and ambiguity it took.

Preface: Since we know season 2 has been announced, I'm assuming it will pick up from where season 1 left off. Especially with the alphabetical episode names; you don't pick a system for 26 names only to plan on stopping at 13.

Overall I concur with Catastrophe. Haruka ultimately opted to protect the Amazons, and became the villain in the process. Jin may lack compassion, but at least he fights with conviction to save lives. The Amazons are time bombs; human-devouring time bombs. Which is why I'm disappointed that Jin was played up as a villain in the end.

Otherwise this episode left a bunch of plot holes open, including things like who the Amazon types are (why are there 3?) and the ultimate fate of the Amazons. "And the adventure continues" is a dissatisfying conclusion in that regard.

Best line of the episode: "He was delicious!"
darkmage02 wrote:I guess what the writer aims to tell here, in this last episode, is that what makes humanity so important? What makes us think so highly of ourselves, that it's wrong for other beings to consume us just to stay alive?
Humans don't eat sapient beings. Even with non-sapients, we try to be reasonably civil about it. The Amazons will happy bite right into a living human. That is what makes humans superior, and what makes the Amazons monsters.
Victormaru wrote:I really like the entire segment with the Extermination Squad and their lives after Tialoc. It was really different and interesting to see. Fukuda as a doctor, aha.
It was a cute segment. Though I swear I've heard the musical score for that segment in Minecraft of all things.
Victormaru wrote:If Haruka and his amazon friends are in hiding, what have they been eating this entire time? They look like they haven't had new clothes in a long time, so I assume they had to have been eating something up until that point. Was Haruka going out to buy them McDonald's cheeseburgers? Maybe I ask too many irrelevant questions.
As quick as he moves, you'd think he could go knock off a department store or something quickly, and get everyone a fresh change of clothes.
Jin eating vermin, now that's truly disgusting. We didn't have to see him chew on a body part for like two whole minutes.
Agreed. That may have been a bit over the top. :?
I liked how stupid it was to see them both growl back and forth for five minutes before transforming. I think it really sets the tone of the battle 'cause they were almost trying to kill each other. That was a great fight scene.
The fight scene was indeed great. However I could have done without the growling. It got annoying quickly. Side note: is it me or did Haruka almost never use his belt-summon weapons this entire season? I feel like their use can be counted on less than a full hand.
takenoko wrote:Mizusawa Reika
LOL, what a great revelation. It's not surprising, and yet so perfect. As we all thought, Haruka is her son. What makes me laugh though is the pride she takes in him. Is parenthood just an extension of our egos? She acts like Haruka's her clone. What's sad is that she's clearly a better mother to Haruka than to Mizuki, her own actual child. Hey, I guess we're lucky that Mizuki didn't end up boning Haruka, after all..
This raises some important questions: how as a single mother did she end up having a son? In traditional biology she's short a Y-chromosome. :P
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

By the way, as far as i know, Amazons will be aired on the States on September. I hope this becomes the beggining of KR on occident.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Mizusawa Reika
LOL, what a great revelation. It's not surprising, and yet so perfect. As we all thought, Haruka is her son. What makes me laugh though is the pride she takes in him. Is parenthood just an extension of our egos? She acts like Haruka's her clone. What's sad is that she's clearly a better mother to Haruka than to Mizuki, her own actual child. Hey, I guess we're lucky that Mizuki didn't end up boning Haruka, after all..
This raises some important questions: how as a single mother did she end up having a son? In traditional biology she's short a Y-chromosome. :P
Who says that you need an actual man have sex with her to get a kid? She probably went to a sperm bank and had some artificial insemination process done to her.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

ViRGE wrote:his raises some important questions: how as a single mother did she end up having a son? In traditional biology she's short a Y-chromosome.
Haruka is her kid because he has her DNA. She injected her DNA into the Amazon cells, and the cells grew into Haruka. No sex or sperm were needed in this procedure.
Otherwise this episode left a bunch of plot holes open, including things like who the Amazon types are (why are there 3?) and the ultimate fate of the Amazons. "And the adventure continues" is a dissatisfying conclusion in that regard.
1st type: Amazons that grew from artificially-created Amazon cells. ie. The 4000 Amazons that escaped 2 years ago
2nd type: Amazons cells that were injected into a live human being. ie. Takayama Jin
3rd type: Human DNA that were injected into Amazon cells. ie. Haruka
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

ViRGE wrote:This raises some important questions: how as a single mother did she end up having a son? In traditional biology she's short a Y-chromosome. :P
Maybe i was not paying atention, but maybe she is not sinlge, but a widow. Maybe she had a husband and a kid that dies in an accident, so she injected dead haruka's cells on some amazon cells and a new haruka was formed. or maybe she is divorced and there is another haruka roaming around.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>>This raises some important questions: how as a single mother did she end up having a son? In traditional biology she's short a Y-chromosome. :P
>Who says that you need an actual man have sex with her to get a kid? She probably went to a sperm bank and had some artificial insemination process done to her.

Because she said it was her dna being injected to the Amazon cells. She didn't mention anyone else when answering the pres dude. It's okay, at least it's not as bad as Kojima's understanding of dominant and recessive genes, or creating twins who are different nationalities.

>Which is why I'm disappointed that Jin was played up as a villain in the end.

From the right point of view, maybe we all are villains in someone else's life? LOL, just kidding.

>Otherwise this episode left a bunch of plot holes open, including things like who the Amazon types are (why are there 3?) and the ultimate fate of the Amazons. "And the adventure continues" is a dissatisfying conclusion in that regard.

Yeah, that was a dumb realization at the end on my part. When they call Haruka "the third Amazon", they mean "the third type of Amazon". I think someone answered it above, but the first two were vanilla Amazons and Amazons created by having Amazon cells injected in humans (Jin/Maehara). Hey, if we get a Blu-ray release before it's released in America, maybe we can fix that.

>Humans don't eat sapient beings. Even with non-sapients, we try to be reasonably civil about it. The Amazons will happy bite right into a living human. That is what makes humans superior, and what makes the Amazons monsters.

Yeah, that's always the sort of argument that makes it weird when they write stories about aliens regarding humans as lower life forms.

>Side note: is it me or did Haruka almost never use his belt-summon weapons this entire season? I feel like their use can be counted on less than a full hand.

I didn't really like them personally. How did they make sense? Was he generating the blades himself? (He did turn into a porcupine in one ep)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote:
ViRGE wrote:his raises some important questions: how as a single mother did she end up having a son? In traditional biology she's short a Y-chromosome.
Haruka is her kid because he has her DNA. She injected her DNA into the Amazon cells, and the cells grew into Haruka. No sex or sperm were needed in this procedure.
1st type: Amazons that grew from artificially-created Amazon cells. ie. The 4000 Amazons that escaped 2 years ago
2nd type: Amazons cells that were injected into a live human being. ie. Takayama Jin
3rd type: Human DNA that were injected into Amazon cells. ie. Haruka
Oh, the test subjects are pure Amazons? I had thought they were human injects like Jin, especially since they were human in form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nah, I remember it came up in a discussion that the Amazons were merely imitating humans. I don't know about the animal forms though, maybe those are Amazons mixed up with animal DNA?
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

envedges wrote:Haruka, to some people, he seems to be the Shinji-type, but to be honest he is not that bad or cringy on what people are making out to be
I honestly didn't find Shinji to be all that cringy. I mean, it's a kid whose father abandoned him only to call him back to be used as a weapon. He was forced into a situation he didn't understand, forced to fight a war he had no desire to fight, and the only thing he ever really asked for was his father's acceptance. While Haruka enjoyed the fighting, I feel he somewhat fits the other two aspects. He wanted to be accepted by the humans while knowing deep down he humself wasn't human.

In terms of Western literature, I can picture Haruka to be mostly like Adam, the first of his kind and an innocent being of abnormal strength who felt betrayed by his father/creator and treated as a monster by the humans. Thankfully, Haruka can find a bride without having to chase his mother all the way to the Arctic, but I really love the parallels we see in hindsight, fom his first awakening and escape to his confrontation with his mother and his goal of isolation among those who will accept him.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

Nice episode, I can't say anything else because everyone has already said. Great fight of beliefs, seeing Jin as a villain for the amazons while we see Haruka as humanity's one.

However I found some problems that bothered me a little bit:

1)Why did Haruka killed the amazons that were hunting the Extermination Squad? I get that they are going to kill them but Haruka is the one who said that it was right to eat humans, if he wanted to protect them he could just tell them that they are his friends and not food. With that said it's just seems as a scene to make Haruka look badass.

2)How did Haruka knew that Jin was there, I know that was established that Haruka can detect amazons but he can't identify them he could just be a random amazon walking around. Or did he detected his ki?

3)Why when Jin was eating an amazon, was everyone so shocked? because I remember Haruka trying to bite/eat other amazons in several episodes.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Nanaha looked pregnant at the end to me.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”