Amazons TV Opening sequence

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

What do you think of the Amazons opening sequence?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
20%
50%

Total votes: 20
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Amazons TV Opening sequence

Post by Ashki »

I'm glad I watched it before this rubbish opening, because I would've turned the show off the moment I saw this. 50 Shades of Amazon? I'll pass.

The opening had zero substance, zero description of the show, zero representation of the characters, and was pretty much a disaster of epic proportions. Using a poor copy of the end theme just made it that much more insulting. I don't really consider it violent towards women so much as "Oh look, dead people. Let's go Brahm Stoker on them." Sorry, Toei, but the neck stopped being a scandalous erogenous zone well over 100 years ago, so your sad attempt at sex appeal fails.

For the second time ever, I wish polls had lower ratings, because 1 was just too good for this crap.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Diviana
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "We're all fools so might as well dance."
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Diviana »

I agree with takenoko that this opening is pretty tasteless. I'd also say it is violence against women or at least falls into the stereotypical women are passive tropes because the ladies are shown on the floor and later manipulated/moved by the men. It just looked like the opening didn't know what it wanted with all the effects.
Super Sentai I've watched: Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger, Toqger, Ninninger, Jyuohger
Kamen Rider I've watched: Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

There's a major disconnect between the footage that they shot for this sequence and the plot of the series. Maybe...maybe...an argument can be made that the biting thing was supposed to be symbolic of the Amzaons instinct to eat human meat. But with such a strong story, I'm shocked they went for such generic staging that implies a romantic conflict that really doesn't exist.

The song is still awesome, but it has nothing to do with the the sequence. Maybe they realized it didn't work well and that's why they left it out for the streaming and used the song strictly for the end credits.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4k24b7

they make the 2nd tv opening. diffrent from the 1st episode.

guess it will change every episode???
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”