Amazons TV Opening sequence

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

What do you think of the Amazons opening sequence?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
20%
50%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Amazons TV Opening sequence

Post by takenoko »

Looks like Toei threw together some footage to create an opening for Amazons for the TV broadcast.

https://youtu.be/lcz7cwJvlRg?t=14s

Have you guys seen this? It's pretty offensive and tacky in my opinion. It doesn't really reflects any of the characters. It just seems like they're trying to be edgy and shocking for its own sake.

But having the girls lying down, then get picked up and thrown around and bitten, that's gross to me on so many levels.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: Amazons TV Opening sequence

Post by Revorse »

It doesn't really represent the character well. Maybe Haruka in his struggle to decide to live as an Amazon or a human with Mizuki being the link that he severs when he ultimately chooses Amazon. But that's a stretch. Jin's doesn't make any sense. Had Nanaha been offering herself to him it'd make more sense. She does seem to have the desire to support Jin.
As for the tacky and offensive part I'm no seeing anything of the sort.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm not sure about tacky or offensive, but I get the distinct impression that someone said "Vampires are cool, right? Can we make the intro more vampire-y?" Suffice it to say, it's a very misleading intro.

(That said, I'm not sure if ripping someone's arm off and chowing down on it is kosher for an intro in Japan)
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

im pretty disgusted by the tv opening, they didnt have much work into the opening
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, come to think about it, Mizuki's like the one human that Haruka actually does a good job at protecting. That just makes the opening sequence make even less sense.

I dunno, maybe I'm just sensitive to that sort of thing, but I don't really like seeing violence against women. It just seems gross to see them laying in a passive position, only to be tossed around, bitten, then tossed away.
TsubasaGaro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: 翼 を はばたけ
牙 を むき出し
俺は 挑戦者 だ

Post by TsubasaGaro »

I don't really see the offensive part, but the opening really does not convey the intentions or personalities of the characters well at all.

Mizuki looks more important here than she did in the whole of the series and the Extermination Squad isn't even featured. I guess the only good thing this opening does is to keep you wondering if Nanaha, Mizuki or the Extermination Squad will die if you still haven't watched the series, keeps the tension up in a way.
Kuda
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kuda »

Overreaction.

People are not judging this opening theme for what it is, it is true that it reeks of forced shock value and whatever "edgy" means today or would mean tomorrow or in the next 10 minutes depending on the person throwing around that word but we gotta remember this is for TV and the TV audience isn't known for being attracted by deep, underlying themes and subtlety as much as the more patient and curious online audience that likes to watch episodes online and pick their entertainment choices based on gathered information and recommendations, nothing but a marketing strategy, whether it's a "cheap" or "genius" strategy will be decided by how successful it'll be in the end.

Upon seeing the opening i was not disgusted by the imagery since i am not a baby (the "blood" isn't even red, come on people.), i was disgusted by the constant and confusing camera movement and and overall hecticness of the thing as a whole, also the fact that everything seems to happen in the same room for the whole thing, it's lazy, it's tiring, it's confusing and it's the kind of thing that would need you to watch a few times to actually know what's going on, that is NOT GOOD since it's for TV and television has no replay button. so that's one point less from me, another thing that kept me from fully enjoying the opening theme was the awful video quality but that's not the directors' fault, i just know i would like it a lot more when i see it in high quality and i'm really hoping for the TVN staff to include an HD video of the opening theme in one of the upcoming releases for Kamen Rider Amazons, i'm pretty sure the awful video quality undermined many people's intial perception of this opening.

Why do i like this opening so much?:
1. They show "violence" though not enough for my tastes and i find it a bit cowardly to make blood black instead of red though this could be explained since they're slicing up monsters and not human creatures, they also show biting and clawing, it's what many people of TODAY remember kamen rider amazon for and wish modern shows were as "badass" as this one used to be so that might attract more viewers and feel it like a small nod of appreciation for fans of showa riders, even though it might not represent the personality of the characters themselves it talks about the action edge this show features and what makes it different from what's currently showing.
2. The singer they picked sounds amazing and the tone of the song takes me back to the days of Kuuga, it's sour, it's intense and i'm sure i'll be singing along whenever i get the chance.
3. The lyrics are AMAZING, there's this whole thing about the fight for survival, presented to us in a more wild and surely more accurate and clear way than Ryuki tried to do, i feel like this theme is a lot more memorable than many other Kamen Rider openings we've previously had and it's also very inspiring

I am really looking forward this series, i have been downloading the episodes and waiting for the second season to begin watching, i'm not saying Kamen Rider should be dark, i'm not saying it should be one flavor or the other, i just feel like even if it might not be everybody's cup instant cup of tea, this show and the essense they are giving it is just what the current Kamen Rider franchise needed to not die from the long-runner syndrome (same thing every year) by spicing up the formula a whole lot, taking risks is what makes authors stand above the rest, just think about early Hibiki episodes VS it's unfortunate super family-friendly second half and you'll surely know what i'm talking about.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

They used the ending song as the opening, lol. The segment with Haruka and Jin biting the girls is pretty pointless and senseless. That's all I'm really going to say. I'm not disgusted by it or have a problem with it at all, it's just...why?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Man, that's a real antagonistic way of phrasing your opinion Kuda.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It is a pretty lazy opening. Perhaps they filmed it in a hurry because the TV airing wasn't always planned?

At least it has Armour Zone in it. That song is excellent.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

takenoko wrote:Oh yeah, come to think about it, Mizuki's like the one human that Haruka actually does a good job at protecting. That just makes the opening sequence make even less sense.

I dunno, maybe I'm just sensitive to that sort of thing, but I don't really like seeing violence against women. It just seems gross to see them laying in a passive position, only to be tossed around, bitten, then tossed away.
Wouldn't it make it make more sense? Something like even your most trusted pet can bite you. After all an animal is still in animal. And an Amazon is still an Amazon.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

No thank you, Toei. Just get Kobayashi to work on Season 2 before she gets to work for Attack On Titan's Season 2, please.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

It just feels super rushed and misrepresentative of the first season. I mean, the opening couldn't even display any of the character dichotomy between Haruka and Jin, they do the exactly same stuff. If you were a first time viewer, all we you see would be two shitty red/green vampire boyfriends. It's lame.

But the layering effects are neat to look at, I guess. And I liked Alpha's knowing point at Omega's gash as he fell down near the end, the one morsel of personality that snuck by the editors.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

TypicalStandUser wrote:No thank you, Toei. Just get Kobayashi to work on Season 2 before she gets to work for Attack On Titan's Season 2, please.
I'm sure she could work on both. I mean, she worked on Amazons while Jojo part 4 was going and.. shoot, I think Go-Busters? while AoT s1 was on.
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I give em a two for effort but knock it down to one with the failed presentation, it's disjointed and feels a bit scattered and it doesn't really show anything other that what it does and ignores the other characters

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”