Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Amazons

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:34 pm

☆☆☆☆☆ AMAZON!
77%
☆☆☆☆ Wild!
21%
☆☆☆ Violent
No votes
☆☆ Bloody
2%
☆ Food for those stronger
No votes

Total votes: 48
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Amazons

Post by takenoko »

I was tempted to give this series a 4, since it's definitely got its flaws. But its ambition, excellent pacing, great characters, and above average writing really deserve to be in the 5 category.

Voting closes in a week!

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kamen-Rider-Amazons
vistarbistik
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Don't Chase Success for it will comes as you discipline and work hard.

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Amazons

Post by vistarbistik »

I like amazon. It is full of action. I do hope the production would also do cross over with the other Kamen Rider. Seems more excited. :D :D :D
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I was tempted to give this series a 4, since it's definitely got its flaws.
And I gave it a 4 for precisely that reason. It was ambitious, and parts of it were fantastic. But the opening was slow (and not in the usual set-the-status-quo kind of way), and the season finale never has set right with me due to the fact that the supposed hero picked human-eating monsters over humans.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There are no heroes or villains. It's the law of the jungle, maaaaaan. Eat or get eaten!

But in all seriousness, I appreciate the attempt at moral grey area.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

A great show and something wanted from the fans for years now... a dark show... This one was serious and dark at the same time. Jin was without a doubt the main star of the show but overall a good cast. I didn't like the ending but I understand how they leave it open for the possibility of a sequel and they did a good job with just 13 episodes.
Final Vent!
domoon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by domoon »

easily best thing ever happened for new heisei era. got it's flaws, but i'll still give it a 5 noetheless. looking at the whole package, it's still overall a great show that i personally think deserves a 5.
thank you TVNihon for the great jobs over these years, looking forward for more great stuff from you guys :D
BIGH1001
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Do i have to answer?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Destiny
Quote: Carpe Diem
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by BIGH1001 »

The series places up there with gaim in terms of it's writing and pacing. It also didn't have too many crappy episodes. A very strong 5 from me
Diamondmutt67
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: I don't know.
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Diamondmutt67 »

I have to give it a 4, because of Haruka. I found him uninteresting, too identity driven and lacking a clear purpose. Although that could change with the next season(He found a purpose in the last episode.), even though I thought that would happen after the bug restaurant, but alas it didn't.

Another thing that makes the series a 4 for me, is the bug/amazon designs. Don't get me wrong I liked them, but they were too armoured-looking(by this I mean they looked like showa cyborg riders) for what should had been more organic looking designs to go along with their biological origin.

But if somebody were to ask me about the series I'd still recommend it in a heartbeat.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I would give it a 4.

now my main problem is that somehow they made an adult kamen rider show, but they somehow kept the formula.
I wish they would have let the writers some more freedom, some episodes without big fights to develop the characters, if you have watched Jetman, there were episodes where they just added small fights for the kids, but the episode was centered on the characters as humans more than superheroes, here, considering this was for adults, they could have taken some episodes to develop the characters.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I give it a 4. Weak writing towards the end killed the buzz but for the most part it was a good show.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I disliked the first two episodes so much that I bailed on it completely. Had there been a poll then, it would have gotten a solid zero. After binge-watching it I give it a 5, hands down.

I'm not really sure why, but binge-watching some toku shows seems to have a dramatic effect on my opinion of the show. Like I said in the episode 2 topic, I felt like I was dropped into the middle of a series with no explanation of anything. I still stand by that statement since the first few episodes are full of stuff that doesn't get explained until later. So much stuff, in fact, that I began to forget about a few things that were important.

A big issue for me was that I still don't feel like the Extermination Squad was presented in a way to make you understand their friendship and bonds with each other. That is clearly present, but we never really understood why. Because of that, some of the emotion-heavy scenes were lost. Plus, I felt like the Tachibana/Sigma arc was completely pointless, serving absolutely no purpose in the full story.

Everything else was fantastic, in my opinion. I love how story driven it was, with only the slightest hint of the MOTW theme (the restaurant was the only one I could think of). Aside from the Extermination Squad, I felt like the writers were able to put together a very compelling story with just a few characters all while subtly dropping in pieces to develop the characters that we saw. I'm very glad I did go back and watch this after they were all released, and while I will definitely do the same for the second season, I'm really, really looking forward to it.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Well, the producer keep his words of delivering an entertaining Rider show after questioning the fans with "Do you think the current Rider series is entertaining? *sarcasm note". Granted it has a little bit flaws but understandable since it's quite impossible to produce a perfect series. I'm rating it as a 5 star series and will definitely come back for season two.

This is what I really want from a Rider series. It's not a dark series, just a compelling story that makes you anxious to find out what's happening next. Kinda like Agito and Gaim's second half. And the comedy isn't too heavy on the cartoony side, just enough to keep the mood light so I can continue watching (Kazuya's prosthetic limb joke on the finale to Mamoru came to mind).

Rider design wise I can't complain much except on how Omega's biting is supposed to work. Thank God Alpha/Jin is kept in the series to remind me of how cool the original looks like in a modern day camera while Omega's design still takes a time to get accustomed to. For Rider's sake, bring Omega's designer to work on next Kamen Rider series after Ghost so I can enjoy watching a Rider show again (don't remind me of Fourze).

Thanks to TVNihon crew too. You guys took this series for subbing eventhough that means more work to do. If you guys are saying that you guys are overworked during the series run, I would definitely suggest you guys dropping Ghost so you guys can just work on Amazons instead. :lol:
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I think this is one of my favorites with the action and story but my only problem would be Mizuki as she needs to do more outside of being the cute face I give it a 4.75
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Can we open this poll again? To take into account season 2
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There will be a new poll when episode 13 is released.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”