Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 Promo released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 Promo released

Post by Kurokage X »

DaVinci030 Edit: I understand this promo pretty much so I translated it real quick. Like what it says: It's the new generation of Amazon. I know it's the best action series by some japan action awardee, but it got me hyped for the second season. I'm looking forward to the new series, Triple_M too. F**K YEAH!!!

And the Amazons riders are back with a new protagonist
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2

Post by Catastrophe »

Excellent. The new Amazon looks a little more mechanical than the others, really digging the design.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Taro Kobayashi will be singing DIE SET DOWN for Season 2

Die Set Down = Dai Setsudan I guess??
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess. I mean, Armour Zone = Amazon.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 Promo released

Post by ViRGE »

After watching the promo I'm unsure how to feel about season 2 of Amazons.

Season 1's ending still bothers me after a year. The protagonist became a villain; it lacked the heroics that normally defines a superhero. And the horror aspects never worked for me.

But, for better or worse, it looks like season 2 is going to start with something of a clean slate, if the promo is anything to go by. Haruka only shows up at the end; the rest of the time we have a new protagonist and a transforming-but-not-quite-a-rider antagonist. So hopefully the new season can do a better job with its hero. (Speaking of which, I must admit I like the more modern/technological look of the new rider.:) )

Meanwhile Ex-Aid is just killing it, even if it can't be serious all the time. So it's not like 2016 where the only other KR option was the dreadful Ghost...
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Iyu/Crow Amazonz is Marin, the sick girl Amu met from Jyuohger episode 14.

I'll fight like hell to watch this new season!! I wanna open my Amazons once again!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

ViRGE wrote:After watching the promo I'm unsure how to feel about season 2 of Amazons.

Season 1's ending still bothers me after a year. The protagonist became a villain; it lacked the heroics that normally defines a superhero. And the horror aspects never worked for me.
The show was heavily inspired by the original Amazon, which wasn'thorror, but had the elements you're referring to. Amazon was wild and many of his attack were biting, clawing, and ripping of limbs. In the first half, the main antqagonistt was a multi-headed demon who wanted the Gigi armlet, which was one half of a set that gave immense power.

In Amazons, there's a bit more of a shift towards the Faiz formula, where there is no clear good or bad side. In Faiz, three of the Orphanok rebel against their kin, trying to prove they''re still human and are major protagonits throughout much of the show, occasionally becoming villains. This was mirrored in Amazons where the two protagonits struggle from two different viewpoints. One embraces the darkness to atone for creating the Amazons, and the other spends the series trying to deny his Amazon side. In the end, Haruka chose the third side of the argument. He becomes a hero for those Amazons who want to live in peace, defending the innocent from both sides from the murderers from both sides. Its a grey area you don't see often in Kamen Rider and pretty much ever in Super Sentai, but in other toku series and other drama sources, this is an extemely important hero archetype.

We often think of the hero ass being someone who always protects humanity from the "bad guy", but in reality, humanity is quite often the real bad guy, even against itself. Kamen Rider has a histoy of focusing on this notion throughout the Movie Era and much of the Heisei era. It was more toned down in the Showa Era, but was briefly a key plotline in both Kamen Rider and V3 as two of the four Riders had to choose their loyalties. Its not an easy watch forr a lot of people, which I can understand. But at the same time, we need this sort of ambiguity in a more mature story because it's how real life works.

I think as we watch the new season, we'll find that many on both sides revere Haruka as a hero and possibly legend, who taught both sides there was another way beyond a war to extinction. And I think his return will be triggered by the failure to continue that ideal in his absense.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ashki wrote:
ViRGE wrote:After watching the promo I'm unsure how to feel about season 2 of Amazons.

The show was heavily inspired by the original Amazon, which wasn'thorror, but had the elements you're referring to. Amazon was wild and many of his attack were biting, clawing, and ripping of limbs. In the first half, the main antqagonistt was a multi-headed demon who wanted the Gigi armlet, which was one half of a set that gave immense power.

In Amazons, there's a bit more of a shift towards the Faiz formula, where there is no clear good or bad side. In Faiz, three of the Orphanok rebel against their kin, trying to prove they''re still human and are major protagonits throughout much of the show, occasionally becoming villains. This was mirrored in Amazons where the two protagonits struggle from two different viewpoints. One embraces the darkness to atone for creating the Amazons, and the other spends the series trying to deny his Amazon side. In the end, Haruka chose the third side of the argument. He becomes a hero for those Amazons who want to live in peace, defending the innocent from both sides from the murderers from both sides. Its a grey area you don't see often in Kamen Rider and pretty much ever in Super Sentai, but in other toku series and other drama sources, this is an extemely important hero archetype.

We often think of the hero ass being someone who always protects humanity from the "bad guy", but in reality, humanity is quite often the real bad guy, even against itself. Kamen Rider has a histoy of focusing on this notion throughout the Movie Era and much of the Heisei era. It was more toned down in the Showa Era, but was briefly a key plotline in both Kamen Rider and V3 as two of the four Riders had to choose their loyalties. Its not an easy watch forr a lot of people, which I can understand. But at the same time, we need this sort of ambiguity in a more mature story because it's how real life works.

I think as we watch the new season, we'll find that many on both sides revere Haruka as a hero and possibly legend, who taught both sides there was another way beyond a war to extinction. And I think his return will be triggered by the failure to continue that ideal in his absense.
I appreciate the background info and your viewpoint, though I don't really agree with the latter. Haruka didn't side with those who wanted peace; he sided with those who will, very soon, lose control and begin making a snack-pack out of humans. If he was then eliminating those who threatened to harm humanity, I'd agree on the ambiguity. But as season 1 ended, he rather clearly opted to protect the human-devouring monsters.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Except, they're not human-devouring monsters YET.

They may be inclined to do so at a cellular level but they haven't done anything YET. Maybe the researchers will find a way for them to stabilize. Maybe they'll discover kangaroo meat is as satisfying as human. Maybe they'll commit suicide to prevent others from harm. Maybe they'll become evil. Maybe it'll happen tomorrow. Maybe they've got a year left.

In other news, innocent until proven guilty, and everyone deserves a lawyer.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

ViRGE wrote:After watching the promo I'm unsure how to feel about season 2 of Amazons. Season 1's ending still bothers me after a year. The protagonist became a villain; it lacked the heroics that normally defines a superhero.
I know it is your opinion, but I have to disagree with you. The show was not about being a superhero. You have to remember that even though this was branded with the name Kamen Rider. It's not really your typical kids show. Haruka is not a superhero. He's just doing what it takes to stop the Amazons. Yes, you have some Amazons eating people but there are a section of Amazons who want to live peacefully. Haruka didn't turn into a villain he just wanted to protect the Amazons who are trying to have a life. He does kill Amazons who threaten people but he kills them because they gave in to their hunger. The message that the show was trying to send to the audience was questioning what it means to live. I understand if this isn't your type of show but you have to see past the superhero/kamen rider elements of the show and look at what the writers are trying to say.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Perhaps with the synopsis of Season 2, Tokyo's recent events of infected humans becoming Amazonz may bring Resident Evil 2 to mind.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Is someone going the sub the second PV of this or will it be posted together when the episode comes out? Also, what are the plans for this, will the episode be posted as episode 14 or have it like "Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 episode 1" since the title card of it is 'Episode 1 Neo'
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

stardrago wrote:Is someone going the sub the second PV of this or will it be posted together when the episode comes out? Also, what are the plans for this, will the episode be posted as episode 14 or have it like "Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 episode 1" since the title card of it is 'Episode 1 Neo'
We're not subbing the second PV (which is prolly a day before episode 1) since it has little spoilers. Since it's the second season, it should be Season 2 episode 1.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”