KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 01 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:35 am

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
11%
4%

Total votes: 28
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 01 released

Post by ViRGE »

fenrir wrote:@Virge

i think you forget the Nanaha (alpha's girl), which in my opinion also an important character in season 1
Oh, yep! So we've gone from 4 to 1...
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

In some ways I like the new armoured feel, especially the way the Neo Driver resembles the W and Lost Drivers. I also like that they're again using armlets for the main cast to tie in with the original Amazon. However, I think using humans for the main Amazons is kind of difficult for most people to process. Chihiro's referred to throughout most of the episode as an Amazon, even though they spent so much time and effort to point out he was a human RAISED by Amazons at the beginning. The need for both protagonist "Amazons" to use some form of mutagenic compound is even more confusing and needs to be explained in a future episode.

Iyu is by far the most interesting of the new cast, even though she's very Ayanami Rei (and how much do you want to bet her backstory ends up being similar as well). But then, I really loved Rei and how that charcter went from seemingly cardboard to surprisingly complex (especially in the manga). Hopefully we'll see the same development here and Iyu will just be horribly emotionally scarred but capable of healing in Chihiro's company.

I'm on the fence otherwise for this season. Too much has gone unexplained, and while I can guess much of it using toku tropes, they really need to do some explaining soon to hold their audience. I'm also conflicted over Neo's blade. Alpha's ability to create numerous weapons was a lot of fun, and while I get that Neo has to rely on artificial means for weapon production, the blade is rather boring and takes forever to deploy. The flaming effect is also very distracting, so I hope it's just a temporary thing that calms down as the Neo Driver is used more.

4/5 (first episode shakedown taken into account)

Predictions for this season:
Spoiler
1. The mutagen used for the humans to become Amazons was developed from the research of the previous season.
2. Iya turns out to be highly traumatised and only cares about avenging her parents (as I believe was hinted in the ep2 preview... more Evangelion influence?). She may also be an evolution of the zombie Amazon program from s1.
3. The mutation of the original Amazon cells may be a result of the surviving Amazons breeding. It was never explored what Amazon children would be like, and with there being no more Amazon cells being artificially produced, they may have evolved as a survival mechanism in the Amazon children. If so, this viral form reminds me all too much of the Orphenok from Faiz.
4. The original extermination squad disbanded due to the events in the final episode. We have one member in the new team not only to provide a familiar face and to explain the events of the previous season to those who missed it, but also presumably to keep an eye on the new team to make sure there aren't any problems with Iya.
5. Chihiro's hunger for human flesh was explained in the opening scenes, but his special diet wasn't. My guess is it's either human blood or some compound with human cells mixed with the mutagen (we saw that Iya gets mutagen injections instead of it being fed through a Driver system, and the armlet somehow activates it (a two-part compound?) The human cells would theoretically help prevent the modified Amazon cells in the mutagen from taking over the host's own cells. This also leads to the possibility the mutagen is a form of Amazon vaccine that has limited ability to replicate when the second part of the compound is injected.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
DERPDERP91357
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by DERPDERP91357 »

resop2 wrote:Kamen Rider goth girl?
A quick google search tells me the actress is 14 (which sounds BS) but considering how sexist Toei tends to be with their characters, I doubt they would bother with a female rider especially since the premise of the season is that she is a corpse/sigma type. The wiki also tells me younger Chihiro from the first minute is the kid from kyuranger....

In general, this episode was boring cause it felt more than anything like those episode 0 type situations where the characters from the main series are hinted at or have cameos. Not to mention Chihiro is even more of a lackey than early Haruka stuffing burgers in his face with Mamoru-kun. The episode does a half-ass job of trying to explain the situation after a timeskip yet features none of the crucial characters from the first season (what, no one is going to mention that Haruka made his own Amazon Forest on the beach?)

The new design is also confusing....If Iyu can transform using her armband, why does Chihiro even bother with this belt? And where do they get an endless supply of transformation goop? (Oh wait, from Amazon? Is that why all their belts scream Amazon?)
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I will give it a 5 because it is a decent start. We got old characters back, decent new characters, Neo design is really cool and the fights and special effects were on point.

Kurosaki character is the boring-crazy shifting personality type and is already used so many times in other shows that is boring.

Elimination team still pretty useless and can barely fight the new breed of amazons

Iyu is just the new Mamoru without Self conscious to avoid any treason like the ones from Mamoru and Haruka on the first season.

I will never complaint if we get more dark and adult oriented Kamen Rider series... this is what I wanted and I'm tired of the toy selling kiddy shows.
Final Vent!
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

2/5 because somehow the story in ep 1 still doesn't clear enough to me, especially at first minutes
a bunch of kid who doesnt know about amazon... heh.. just die
hope I can see Jin-san back in action
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kind of slow first episode, but it's good to see Amazons again. I'm digging the more technological version of Neo.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”