KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 02 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:02 am

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
14%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21609
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_02
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21675

Last week: 3.68 / 5 (28 votes)

Better episode this week. Still feel like things are a bit too drawn out and expository though. I wouldn't mind these episodes being cut down to a 24 minute length. Use of silence to build tone and flipping back and forth to build tension is all fine and good, but let's try not to overdue it, okay? The episode is full of filler stuff like this. You listen to the water warning in full twice. No wait, you hear it three times. Two times and then again when the dudebro transforms.

Iyu's fights are more fun to watch than Neo's. Sometimes I wonder if the gore is over the top on purpose? I'm not squeamish, I just think it's kind of transparent to have the dad rip out his daughter's eye and eat it on camera. "I'm sure this will shock some people."

Haruka returns! Let's flip back and forth between him and Neo boy.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 02 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Well it looks like that Haruka is going to fight Chihiro next episode. Assuming that Haruka has been in his Amazon wildlife preservation for 5 years, I don't think he knows about the new generation of Amazons that are being created. Does that mean he'll kill the new generation since they're just mindless humans eating people?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Iyu, your backstory... I thought I could handle it. Heck, I'd feel sorry for Kurosaki if he got a BSOD that time. But...
Spoiler
If Nanaha is Chihiro's mom, I'll effing cry. All those flashbacks in Chihiro's head... I'm certain it's her yet I want to be wrong

Good, the teens are done for. See, the best webstreamers back up their stuff on desktops/cloud storage and have backup phones in case. Discard the surviving, stupid teens for Kazuya and Nozomi.

Kobayashi, at the very least, make the love story work, even if you want to end it bitter-sweetly. I like the small progression of trust between Chihiro and Iyu, so keep it up.

Also about Tachibana getting the greenlight to make more Sigmas...
Spoiler
Tenjo hated the Sigma project. What gives?!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Preview
Spoiler
Took me a while to remember, is Mizuki Haruka's girlfriend last season? The one calling for backup in Team Aoyam is her?
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Yaiba wrote:Preview
Spoiler
Took me a while to remember, is Mizuki Haruka's girlfriend last season? The one calling for backup in Team Aoyam is her?
Stepsister.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

TypicalStandUser wrote:
Yaiba wrote:Preview
Spoiler
Stepsister.
aren't they brothers and sisters since Haruka is a clone of his mother?
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

No seeders on HD version.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I've got to admit, I'm not usually creeped out by much, but that flashback to Iyu's dad going Amazon freaked me the fuck out.

It's good to know we won't have to wait that long to have all the old characters come back together. The preview makes it like Haruka is more assertive then he was last season which should be nice.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Okay, I think Iyu is officially my favourite character this season, and easily in the top 5 for this series overall. The gorefest of her backstory may seem over-the-top, but I feel it was done just right. It shows just how much trauma she suffered, how inhuman an infected becomes, and I'll be furious if they don't get into just how badly this has screwed her up. I mean, they've shown us that her memories produce a strong reaction, and I have a feeling the key to her regaining her "humanity" is going to be reliving the horrors of that day and somehow coming to terms with it. As someone who's survived hell, I can honestly say that being able to feel again first requires you to remember how to feel the pain before you can learn to feel the joy again. Characters like this are rarely portrayed well, but when they are, I find them to be the most personally relatable archtype.

I don't like the way Haruka just happened to show up, so for now I'll put it down to "the call for backup was aimed at him also". But an explanation would be really nice.

One huge step up this season is that they don't really have any cardboard cutouts in the major cast. Even if Iyu wasn't dead, she would be acting the same after what she's been through. Team Kiss had their moments, and I've got a feeling they're going to play a further role and be fleshed out more. Also, the new extermination squad seems to have some motivations for the way they behave, judging from the exposition regarding finding Iyu.

A few things were out of sorts, but I think it was episode 3 or 4 last season that everything finally came together for me. So this one gets a solid 5 for Iyu alone, and a 4.9 for everything else.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh hey, is that Yamasaki Jun as the father?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

They thought that if they were any more goth they would be dead, then they met Iyu.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Good grief that's a lot of blood, and I love it

Goodbye and good riddance maybe Team X, your time is done and I didn't like you guys at all, should have gotten backup equipment just saying.

Iyu's past is tragic, horrifyingly bloody as hell too, she got her left eye gouged out by her father and eats the fricken eye, I almost feel what Kurosaki felt during that event

Oh hey Haruka how's it going, killed some Amazons lately?
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

takenoko wrote:Oh hey, is that Yamasaki Jun as the father?
I saw him in pics in the show's official twitter account. Holy s***, Cannibal Houjou!! (Not Emu, dear Zod).
OOOKaiser wrote:aren't they brothers and sisters since Haruka is a clone of his mother?
I wanna say maybe. I used stepsister on a chance that Reika may have lied to her daughter about Haruka being her brother.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

hmmm... is it me or that water server company called aroma ozone sounds like a pun on armour zone and eventually amazon ? took me awhile to notice :|
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I thought so too, but I noticed it as soon as they say the name
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B