KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 04 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat May 13, 2017 5:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
88%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 04 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21675
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_04
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21754

Last week: 4.19 / 5 (21 votes)

Brilliant episode. Funniest throw up scene ever.

I'm really loving the devastating relationship between Chihiro and Iyu. This is Kobayashi's brilliance at work. That moment when Chihiro goes after that lady's legs, and all Iyu has to say is "Target confirmed." That just gives shivers down my spine. And I don't know if Chihiro loves Iyu, but he definitely places a lot of importance on her. And that realization that she only sees him when he edges on becoming a monster. That's devastating. That's what makes this new series work.

Yeah, the ultra violence and the having a plot where there are actual stakes is nice. But it's these human moments that make this interesting. Not Kyouryuu Brave which is just style and action. Not KyuuRanger. Not Ex-Aid, which attempts this kind of human drama, but falls short at times. This is where the good stuff is, Toei.

Kanou, you're amazing.

The team is back together! Poor Nagase, they didn't even trust him with a weapon.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this before, but doesn't anyone else think it's weird that Haruka showed up at the water plant? The show wants the viewer to think he's there for Iyu, but maybe he's there because someone's messing with his Amazon-creation business. I mean, Haruka going full-on Amazon side seemed like an inevitable line based on the choices he made.

Jin reference!

Some brilliant shots in this one. That white room with Chief businessman like a god figure was pretty good. Also, Iyu doesn't usually look 14 to me, but she looked super young in this episode.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 04 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

At the very least, Chihiro can ingest normal food...
Spoiler
Just eat chickens and/or eggs, like how your mom cooks chicken hotpots for your dad or pan-fried chicken for that guy who nearly pwned you back in Episode 3's cold open.

Tachibana's still a dick and yeah, Kanou is magnificent this episode. Kurosaki-kun, pseudo-parenthood's not worth it, stay a slacker.

It's great that NPS's finally reunited with their Old Yeller, now the comeback killer, the best fleshburger eater of the East!! Now go full Koba!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I think Chihiro is a really interesting character. He is an Amazon that hates Amazons but struggles with his hunger, which is something Haruka didn't have. I don't know if he is in love with Iyu in the traditional sense, but more that as a Sigma type he doesn't see her as an Amazon and doesn't want to eat her so he some form of attraction to her. It's a shame you could tell real early on she was copying him when they walk out of the clothes shop and she mess with the necklaces just like he does.

Also, teasing JIn is mean. Can't wait for him to show up.

The ending has me a little confused though. When Fukuda is talking about him having backup, I assume he was meaning Harukas sister, but then he looks towards where Mamoru appears and isn't shocked like the others when he turns up. It could just be Fukuda being stoic like always though.

The other point I was thinking is I wonder if Haruka is actually in on the creating Amazons thing or they are trying to curveball us. I doesn't really seem in character for him from last season, so unless something has changed that they explain I think there is more to it than we think.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Kinou, for a side character I like you, keep it up.

I like how Chihiro is still convinced that he and Iyu are human despite the latter being a zombie with memories of her past life with the former being an amazon human hybrid maybe if
Spoiler
his mother is Nanaha and father is Jin
and his attempts to humanize her which is working but not enough apparently but hey it's a work in progress

seems like Nagase is a new member, for now, of the old team if it means he'll get character development which is good.

Oh hey Mamoru how's it going, oh wait you're telling the team to get out of the way so you can make more Amazons? Come on man what happen to all the burgers they fed you and your yen charms you convinced everyone to make. Now I'm interested in how he will play out considering he didn't awaken despite the drugs lasting 2 years max unless his evolved form mutated his body to adapt to keep him in control
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Totally forgot, it was stupid to bring Nagase along without at least giving him a gun.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:The ending has me a little confused though. When Fukuda is talking about him having backup, I assume he was meaning Harukas sister, but then he looks towards where Mamoru appears and isn't shocked like the others when he turns up. It could just be Fukuda being stoic like always though. .
You're right, that got me too. The more I think about it, I think that's just their way of coming up with a shocking way to reveal Mamoru, since most people would be expecting Mizuki. I dunno. Maybe they didn't want to pay her actress for this episode.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

To be fair, they'll probably/hopefully explain it next episode. The did explain why Iyu attacked Neo at the start of this episode and I think it does make for a nice, tense cliffhanger without feeling overly cheap.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

perhaps mizuki/rena takeda is busy on other schedule for this episode? but perhaps they also wanna make us confused a bit about who?
but i might think the scenario is that fukuda& mizuki chase someone in that place, and turns out that person = mamoru.

kazuya is still an interesting character with his way of joke. hahaha

chihiro & iyu relationship will develop in such a depressing way of love i guess. which is dark & sad, but i guess that's what amazons really about anyway.
chihiro is indeed amazed & attracted to Iyu since she's diffrent from any other human.
speaking of it, now iyu gonna be the alarm for chihiro/ and that's a good throw up thing which canon with ep 1 said about chihiro eating habit.

Kanou, you're still amazing. and dr.maki actor is really2 good in potraying this asshole kind of boss.
diffrent type of boss for kanou, 1 is a jerk & the other is a crazy damn clever old bitch. yet Kanou still serve them is such a SUPER PROFESIONAL way.

btw, after read the wiki, Iyu father = the police jerk in Agito = coward orphnock in faiz huh?? wew, didnt realize that.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think it would have been a cute Easter egg if when Iyu and Chihiro were shopping they passed Dr. Maki's doll from Kamen Rider OOO's.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Stop teasing me Amazons. Give me my Jin fix. I need him back in my life. Also, bring back Nanaha while you're at it.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Such an amazing show... each episode gets better... I really like the ambiance... Great character development between Iyu and Chihiro and Mamo chan is back!... I can't wait until our boy Jin shows up! :D
Final Vent!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, both actors were at the conference with Chihiro's, Iyu's, Mizuki's and Haruka's actors, so they will be back. (saw a picture of it somewhere, maybe on the official site of the show or something like that).
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

takenoko wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:The ending has me a little confused though. When Fukuda is talking about him having backup, I assume he was meaning Harukas sister, but then he looks towards where Mamoru appears and isn't shocked like the others when he turns up. It could just be Fukuda being stoic like always though. .
You're right, that got me too. The more I think about it, I think that's just their way of coming up with a shocking way to reveal Mamoru, since most people would be expecting Mizuki. I dunno. Maybe they didn't want to pay her actress for this episode.
maybe he was referring to mamoru as part of their team because they all consider him to be in their group.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”