KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 05 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 am

☆☆☆☆☆
76%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 05 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21724
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_05
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21798

Last week: 4.88 / 5 (17 votes)

Another fine episode of Amazons. The gore was kind of fun, and I feel like the rose guy will be around a while, considering he sort of had a backstory.

I think the real strength of this episode comes from it drawing from the stuff from the first season, and expanding on it. We learn more about what happened to Mamoru, we see the inevitable outcome of Haruka's decision in the final episode, and it's all clashed with the stuff going on with the new characters. It's a fun mix, and to top it off, we still don't know if Haruka is being truthful or if he has a secret agenda. Maybe it's Chihiro who'll end up being the real villain in the end.

There's a cute Amazon sniffing dog and you're only introducing it in episode 5? Oh wait, it's not dead already is it?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 05 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

#humansarebastards
1- The MOTW's partner gets killed quickly just for bringing in a head. She didn't even transform even though the dog knows it has the cells.
2- Mamoru's fine with turning humans into monsters because humans are still killing his kind.
Spoiler
3- Tachibana may use Mizuki as a chess piece to get to Haruka.

You went full-on Koba, Mamoru-kun. Eat a hamburger again please! Your first form's Figuarts has a burger prop!!

For the love of Zod, Neo's nailgun sucks. Can't you give him a better one, like the nailgun from Quake 1?!

Hope that cloaked guy at the preview is who I think it is.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just so we're clear, she can't transform because she's human. The dog didn't react (as much apparently) because it only smelled the Amazon on her.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

takenoko wrote:Maybe it's Chihiro who'll end up being the real villain in the end.
That would be so fun to watch if he did end up to become the villain of the show. I also feel bad for the surviving amazons. They're still being hunted even though they haven't killed yet.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote:Just so we're clear, she can't transform because she's human. The dog didn't react (as much apparently) because it only smelled the Amazon on her.
Noted.

Though thinking about Emiri and Shuuya (the MOTW)'s process to gather human flesh, their MO seems to be similar to the MO of the two Butterfly Amazonz from Season 1, episodes 5-6. A kinda decent re-thread considering a nameless anti-Amazonz squad just killed a human without questioning her, bringing up the flaws of the "kill first, ask questions later" rhetoric.

Another point of inquiry: is the guy who transforms into the Wasp Amazonz the same cowardly guy from the Season 1 finale who was nearly killed by Jin?? (despite the actors from those episodes being different)
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So what of the theory that the source of the infection comes from the corpse of Jin? It all rings extremely plausible, except if I know my tropes right, Jin is in fact still alive.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Another amazing episode and a clear 5 without a doubt... this is just getting better and they definitely when an extra mile with the gore in this episode.

2 vs 2 at the end of the episode and the hype levels are high for the next episode :D... almost at the half of the season so hopefully we will get to see Jin in the next few episodes.

I'm starting to like Iyu way too much...
Final Vent!
Arashi1984
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite Band: DUSTZ

Post by Arashi1984 »

After watching this episode I think there might be another Person besides Jin as a posible source.

If the cells are in Haruka, Chihiro and Iyu, there is the posibility that Amazon Sigma/Maehara Jun is the corpse.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Arashi1984 wrote:After watching this episode I think there might be another Person besides Jin as a posible source.

If the cells are in Haruka, Chihiro and Iyu, there is the posibility that Amazon Sigma/Maehara Jun is the corpse.
That's not possible. At the end of episode 11 in the first season, his body melted into black goo.
Arashi1984
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite Band: DUSTZ

Post by Arashi1984 »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Arashi1984 wrote:After watching this episode I think there might be another Person besides Jin as a posible source.

That's not possible. At the end of episode 11 in the first season, his body melted into black goo.

Ok, I forgot this part :? It has been to long since I watched this episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But we're missing the most important question, why don't the clothes burn off when human Amazons transform now? The doctors, nurses, and wedding maids are still wearing their torn up clothes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was going to say because they are a different class of Amazon, but then when the Gen 1 Amazons transform back to human they have their clothes as well.

Mamoru has being eating lots more hamburgers, see those gains with his Amazon form. I'm guessing based on his spiel about experiments that he was captured and experimented on in some way which has led to his change in attitude.

While it was a good episode, there are some plot holes that hopefully get addressed. They stated last season that the suppressants would eventually run out on every Gen 1 Amazon and they would go mental, but we have a group of them that don't want to eat humans even if they try because of reasons?

I like Kobayashi as a writer, but her world building can be hit or miss at times.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, she plays it fast and loose. Even 10 years later, I'm still not entirely sure I understand how Den-O is suppose to make sense within the rules of its own world.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Great episode, and even with the tie-back to S1, it still is starting to feel like its own show that is out of the shadow of S1 and can shine for what it is. Though, I'm starting to get a little tired of the overuse of the artificial lifeforms vs humans concept in recent KR, with Drive vs the mechanical Roidmude lifeforms, Ex-Aid with the digital Bugster lifeforms and Amazons with the Amazonz.

To me, the missing link here is the old president from S1. First season ended with him rejoicing at the inversion of the food chain with humans at the bottom, Amazonz above them, Jin eating them, and that Haruka will one day devour him. And he was looking forward to the survivors of Tlaloc, who are these Amazonz Mamoru leads now in Haruka's absence. Perhaps the Original was another of his crazy ideas, wherever he is? He's had 5 years to pull off this dirty trick with Haruka's mom...
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

I gotta say, I loved the design of the Rose Amazon. Thus far, all of the new Amazonz haven't been all that impressive imo and they made me miss the designs from last season. Also the scene where he transformed and cleaved that guy's head off caught me off guard and actually made me jump. Kudos to the creators.

The Amazonz are now the 3rd KR villain group that I actually feel sympathetic towards, following the Greeed and the Roidmudes. I love it when a series makes me care about the villains.

It hurts me on an emotional level to see how hardened Mamoru has become. He must've gone through some serious shit over the last 5 years. I really hope he makes it through the season.

I REALLY want to know what Haruka's angle is this season. Is he genuine in wanting to stop the new Amazonz, or is he playing the long con and has everyone in the palm of his hand?
takenoko wrote:Maybe it's Chihiro who'll end up being the real villain in the end.
If they go that route, Amazons may just steal the position of my favorite KR series.

Stop with the teasing. Give me Jin already. There's no way in hell the creators would be stupid enough to kill him off-screen.

All-in-all, another great episode. 5/5
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”