KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 08 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:09 am

☆☆☆☆☆
96%
☆☆☆☆
4%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 28
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 08 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21818
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_08
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21883

Last week: 4.95 / 5 (19 votes)

Alt Title - Damn it

Great episode. We finally see how everything goes to shit and leads us into the current storyline.

Not to sound like a broken record, but man the writing for Amazons is amazing. It's just a series of emotional and plot epiphanies that are sensical when you think about them.

I never thought about it before, but of course Jin would want to kill his son if he turned out to be an Amazon. And maybe for good reason, though it's still left a little ambiguous?

Though the morals of the series are a lovely shade between black and white, I think that Jin is pretty easily the most sensible protagonist in the series. Yeah, Amazons are somewhere between a new race of intelligent lifeforms and monsters. Sorry if not all of them are monsters, but if it's gotta be us or them, then it's gotta be the humans who take priority.

Cue Jin's appearance in the last episode. Back then, it seemed like a touching reunion between father and son. Now let's play a half hour of context and then go back to the scene. Oh shit, Jin wants to kill Chihiro, plus, he somehow knows that Chihiro appears to have killed Nanaha. That's devastating and makes a lot of sense and I didn't see it coming at all.

Also, it's a bit heartbreaking to see Professor Hoshino and his family before the tragedy. Those guys didn't deserve that tragedy that was foisted upon them. And the worst part is, Jin is the one who does it to him (although it was an accident).
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 08 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

i don't think he knows that Chihiro killed Nanaha, he just smelled her scent on him and assumed because he was an Amazon that he killed his own mother. Which makes me sad because Nanaha is probably dead :(
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I was holding out hope, but still.

In a way, I sort of don't like this portrayal of Nanaha. Jin and Nanaha were the power couple in toku. The relationship that felt genuine. I can't really see her deciding to defy Jin's wishes and raising a child that would ultimately kill her. And I don't see Jin blindly following his creed without even giving a second's consideration of what Nanaha wants. It feels like a situation forced upon them to create better drama.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Using Krieger's version is inappropriate for a wham of an episode like this one.

Where to effing begin...

Jin monkey-wrenched 90% of the players going to Season 2 and humanity's starting to fear him. Jin getting the "hero we may need but don't want right now" treatment was expected. And he effing knew that coitus with Nanaha would have severe consequences. During that one fight with Haruka after the latter saved a female Amazonz, the moment Jin gets the KO, there's a dead fly. Microscoped to screen... Not the best indicator of how Jin has become cakewalk for Haruka but it's fine.

And then the intro of Season 2 with the flashback color filter... I wanted to distract myself and I did with playing too much games, watching other stuff... I cried the moment I saw the entire sequence.

I've noticed that the flashback filter gets switched back to the normal filter once and a while, like in the Jin VS Haruka fights.

Rant about Kobayashi.
Spoiler
Kobayashi-sensei, you monster. It's great that you've turned Jin into a complete psychopath oblivious to all the ramifications of his Anti-Amazonz crusade, but why was Nanaha a cost to do so??!!

Getting Yuuri's mom killed along with her husband and youngest child assassinated wasn't enough. Burning Anna Luis at the stake for being a Makai Priest didn't even sate you. Having Hiromu sacrifice his parents (and their colleagues, among them Yoko's mom) to render Messiah weak was just a stepping stone, not a signal to stop. You went for actual matricide and giving the audience one ultra nightmare for this season: a better Patient Zero than the one in Ex-Aid.

/end rant

Thank you for your performance, Ayu Higashi. This is the episode people will love and hate for the revelations and the setup for Season Two.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

Why suddenly Jin's skin became normal?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think they did a jump cut in time.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

now i'm sure there won't be a 3rd season, silly me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

How can there be? What letters are left?!
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

What a series of events. So Nanaha is probably (?) gone and Chihiro unknowingly is the cause of the current Amazons appearances. And poor Iyu and her whole family.

At some point, this episode left a bitter taste in my mouth with the tragedy. Chihiro is not my favorite character in this season, his obsession with Iyu often ended up annoying imho. However seeing him right now after the reveal make me feel sad for him. His father wants to kill him, out of his control then he ate her mother, or bite, basically turned her into Amazon, also indirectly the cause of Iyu's whole ordeal and the current gen of Amazons. There is a little chance that it would be a good ending for Chihiro, especially with Iyu.

Also I guess it's kind of ironic between the two seasons' protagonists, Chihiro and Haruka, because at least for Haruka he walked the path of his own choosing while for Chihiro everything's f**ked up the moment he was conceived..

Last, this episode while explains many things also creates a lot more questions for me. Like...
1. The relation between Haruka's mom with the current event. Judging by the last episode she's definitely not just a bystander.
2. Who gave Mamoru the amazon's body to spread the cell,
Spoiler
which there's a high chance of those are the remaining of Nanaha's (?).

3. The sudden recovery of Jin, personally I felt like there is a sort of missing link there. Not try to grasping from nowhere but
Spoiler
it might connected to no.1 and 2, and she also knows about Chihiro and what he is
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, poor Chihiro. If there is such a thing as fate in the world, it's the things you receive from your parents.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Good lord this episode was great

And damn considering what happened with Nanaha
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

How strong has Haruka become that he just tanks being impaled straight through the chest. Poor Jin. Didn't see that next attack coming (ha!).

It's kind of depressing that Jin is indirectly responsible for the 2nd outbreak as well. I guess it fits in with the depressing tone of the series.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I'm a broken record and this is just another amazing episode. The actors did a great job and you really care for these characters and the situation. After see all the struggles that Jin and Nanaha went through and also be able to see Iyu when she was alive and how her father really loved her...

This have been such amazing year for toku first with Zero Blood and now with Amazons S2.

I will always remember this episode as one of my favorite ever and this show is probably now my second favorite Kamen Rider show of all time.
Final Vent!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I had a horrible thought: one can draw an analogy between Jin and the duelists of Revolutionary Girl Utena: The duelists want to crack the world's shell so they can bring revolution to the world, Jin eats hard boiled eggs while crunching the shells so that he can prevent the Amazons from bringing revolution (replacing the world of humans with the world of Amazons) to the world.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I feel like some thing in this episode simply couldn't be predicted. I'm also glad to learn that my complaint from s1 turned out to be unfounded...

Jin has the original Amazon's suit (with some mods). For that reason, I always felt he shoul have been the main protagonist. He also seemed to always have the best potrayal while Haruka was a disappointment. Now we learn that Chihiro and Haruka are really just the placeholdrs and Amazons really IS the story of Jin. I'm really saddened about Nahana, but at the same time, I feel that was the perfect ending for her. The fact that he had the Alpha Driver instead of Haruka should've been a dead givaway that he'd be tied to The Original, but was still a bit of a red herring.
takenoko wrote:In a way, I sort of don't like this portrayal of Nanaha. Jin and Nanaha were the power couple in toku. The relationship that felt genuine. I can't really see her deciding to defy Jin's wishes and raising a child that would ultimately kill her. And I don't see Jin blindly following his creed without even giving a second's consideration of what Nanaha wants. It feels like a situation forced upon them to create better drama.
I have to disagree. If you focus upon Jin's descent, it's pretty clear that Nahana was doing this partially for his sake. in waasn't acting like himself and it took him a long time to even realise she was pregnant. The scene at the end of s1 with him in her lap originally gave me the impresion she was pregnant for some reason, and now we know they had a kid. Was all of this already planned? when Jin was exposed to Tlalok, I feel he might have suffered some form of brain damage. Not that he wasn't slipping into madnes throughout s1, but it looks like the Amazon cells were getting the upper hand after the seasonn ended.

There's no doubt Jin was happy to be a father and that it mae him love Nahana even more. Unfortunately, the moment the Amazon connection slipped out of his mouth, that was when he realised. To Jinn, every human that dies from an Amazon was a vitim of him personally, and he lost sight somewhee of WHO he was fighting for. Nahana perhaps hoped that Chihiro could save Jin one day from himself... or perhaps she realised the Jin she knew and loved was truly gone at this point...

And Iyu continues to be my favourite character. For someone with no personality and no life (literally and figuratively), she continues to pull me in every episode. Seeing her last episode and then this one with all these flashbacks of when she was alive really hit home that she's not just a walking corpse. and her crow motif is now beginning to take on a whole new meaning now that we know how she and her father were involved.

Poor Jin, the tragic fallen hero who becomes his own worst nightmare... If only they'd take some tips from this show for the Bugster, Ex-Aid woul be taken to a whole new level.

Bravo, Toei... You may screw a lot of stuff up these days, but when you take the training wheels off, your writers blow the episodes out of the water every time!
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”