KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 09 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:10 am

☆☆☆☆☆
96%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 27
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 09 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21854
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_09
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21904

Last week: 4.95 / 5 (20 votes)

Alt Title - God Damn it

So almost as soon as Jin is reintroduced, he's removed from the plot again. But at least he found where Nanaha was staying, somehow? My memory's hazy since this took place a couple episodes ago, but what were they all doing there to begin with?

But there's no time to stop and think. Mr. Business is upset and man is he giving the performance of a lifetime. He's laying it all out into Chihiro and he's pulling no punches.

They were screwed either way. They can't control Chihiro, but at the same time, he's really too dangerous to be left to his own devices. What a monster scene. It felt like watching the original The Thing.

Oh my god... Not Mr. Business and Kanou! Fudamori too?! It was right there in front of us the whole time. Kobayashi's been the real monster all along! And Kanou's final act wasn't to torture Iyu or anything like I thought he was gonna, it's to take a picture and send it to Haruka's mom. RIP all those dudes.

And Mizusawa Reika's first vocals of this season and it's this...

This is why you want a toku show written by Kobayashi. Like it or not, you'll feel things.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 09 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Great, Haruka got his upgraded form. Hope he can still use it if he learns it might be from his mom.
My memory's hazy since this took place a couple episodes ago, but what were they all doing there to begin with?
The abandoned petting zoo was an impromptu slaughterhouse for those three Lysogenic Amazonz from S02E07. Iyu and Nagase visited the place due to the former's nostalgia for it then Kurosaki and Fudamori had to go to it when they were notified of Iyu's whereabouts and those three monsters.

Tachibana, you knew things would hit the fan the moment you tore it to Chihiro. The containment should have been quick, but you JUST had to rub it in. #humansarebastards.

First Nanaha, then Kanou?! Kobayashi-sensei... Go eff yourself. This episode's great but Kanou's death was kinda hard to stomach.
Spoiler
Calling it... Shidou will die next episode... Perhaps Fudamori will get a off-screen death, considering the tentacles that are still in vicinity during the sequence.

Yuu Kamio (Tachibana) and Toshimasa Komatsu (Kanou), thank you for your superb performances.
Last edited by TypicalStandUser on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So the zoo was both Iyu's nostalgia place as well as an Amazons hideout. Also, it's where Nanaha was hiding and be the place where Jin happened to track down his son who he had never met before in his life?

I love the writing, buttttt strains credulity a bit.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hmm... Whoever drafted Chihiro's Amazon form may have taken some inspiration from the Regenerator/Iron Maiden from Resident Evil 4, but IMO, Keita Amemiya could have designed a better one or someone else design a Shin-like monster.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Millsy
Favorite series: Zero-One | Donbrothers | Dyna | Makai Senki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O | Lupinranger VS Patranger | Decker | Gold Storm
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by Millsy »

The bloodbath was fairly enjoyable and Chihiro's true Amazon form looks amazing.

but man oh man what the fuck was that cgi lol
watch ultraman ginga it's actually a really fantastic show
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kanou kept doing his job even when he had no legs and pelvis. That's a true Japanese salaryman.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

The MVP goes to Kanou, ever since the first season up to his demise, never let us down...
You are great, you are awesome, Kanou

And Tachibana, you were asking for it...
Spoiler
And I can't find Fudamori in the preview, so I guess he might be dead too? Or at least hospitalized ?

Jin's change of heart felt kind of sudden, I hope the next episode will explain that...

Spoiler
I guess next week we will find out how Haruka's mother fits in the story, along with the old man, and hope a hint of who's that mysterious Amazon, though it's not stopping us to guess right now :lol:
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So.... If lysogenic cells react to human DNA and cause mutations, and a pregnant mother more or less shares blood with their unborn child...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

What is this show even. I don't think we've ever seen this level of violence in Garo. I love it.

Everything was kind of tied up, except now we have a second origin? I assume it's going to be a transformed Nanaha, otherwise if its a new character it'll be kind of a weak asspull.

New Omega debuts with little fanfare. It's funny, I hated Omega's design compared to Alpha and Sigmas and only really just warmed to it and now they make it worse. It'd look better if all the added on parts were black.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

For a second I thought that Kanou was a fucking android or something because the guy was able to still talk after being cut in half like that. Man all those people dead and Kurosaki plot armor is so strong that he didn't get killed! WTF! XD... I never saw such strong plot armor before. Kanou and the C4 boss deaths were so stupid and the boss even walked into the room just to be killed even when he knew what was happening!.

Just 4 more episodes left and this looks just half resolved. C4 is out and they only have a lonely Kurosaki which is probably going to do something stupid and die anyway. Haruka got a new form that was not even needed and is just for sell new toys and Chihiro and Jin are probably going to kill each other.
I'm not sure what are Mamoru and his friends guarding into that church but looks a lot like the angel that Nanaha draw into the wall. Could it be that Nanaha is not dead but she turned into a Amazon instead? I find strange that Chihiro can't remember is he ate her or not. Looks like he isn't conscious during his true amazon form.
Final Vent!
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Haruka need to get the New Omega form due to powerful Original form of Chihiro. I think that Haruka and Chihiro will fight each other in the future, and the normal form of Omega can't beat Chihiro. Jin now is blind and this is difficult for him to kill Chihiro at Original form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kind of stupid way to introduce new omega. Is that the form name? If it's supposed to show he has more power now, it totally fails to convey that.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

well I'll be damned on how bloody as hell that scene with Chihiro's true amazon form was I mean it's a slaughter house but that was before Tachibana just lays down everything down on Chihiro like a parent laying down all the troubles their children did in over 10 years before taking away their toys but hey Chihiro at least took it out on everyone. R.I.P Kanou I loved ya even if you didn't precisely contributed to much in the end and say high to your alternative monster self while you're in hell Tachibana.

also Shido is injuried from whatever that Amazon in the building was and bye bye to god knows how many gen 1 amazons thanks to Mizuki using the high ex round.
New Omega, looks cool but what's new about it that's better than the original form
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

looks like im not the only one that like omega upgrade, but naming wise, adding "new" to omega seems lackluster, could it be by new they meant shin? since shin could mean new if im not mistaken and they just wanted to translate it into english, but then i doubt they did that on show as good as this

regarding the original haruka party encountered, introducing new chara this late would be considered weak, so either it could be nanaha(highest possibility) or the old chairman from s1. if it is nanaha, her personality, conscious might have been erased after she became original. well, looking at chihiro, it could be case.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote:Kind of stupid way to introduce new omega. Is that the form name? If it's supposed to show he has more power now, it totally fails to convey that.
I feel like it's probably because of two reasons.

1) Haruka has dominated every fight we've seen him in this season.
2) He was going up against OG Amazons, which we've seen him beat before.

They should have had him job to Original Neo or whatever this other origin amazon is first and then have him use the new belt.

I prefer the design of the original driver anyway. Something about the rev grips fits well with the rider theme and the Amazon homage.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”