KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 10 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:32 am

☆☆☆☆☆
84%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
4%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 10 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=229&t=21883
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_10
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21924

Last week: 4.93 / 5 (27 votes)

Alt Title - Nanaha means 7 feathers and Chihiro meaning 1000 wings

Man oh man. Where do I even begin. How does Kobayashi keep raising the stakes and popping those points the way she does? She's taking all the set up from two seasons and really just expertly dancing them through. Gosh.

I need to make a GIF of Iyu transforming in this episode, because it's so fitting and badass.

That musical sting when Reika steps out of the shadows is great. They waited 10 episodes to bring her back, and she's as crafty and dangerous as ever.

What surprised me though is that we see the old guy from season 1 again. Amazingly, he's still alive, and he's still pulling the strings, or at least, being the words of wisdom in this crazy world as he ever is. Do we see his face though in season 1? I feel like this reveal, plus the fact that he's bedridden is a real interesting conflation of events. He's old and wise, but he's dying. It's like Yoda's death scene in Star Wars. All you can really do is hope to impart your wisdom to the next generation and hope that it helps.

Also fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. How can you do this to Fukuda. Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy????

On a lighter note, Fudamori somehow survived! I don't know how, but hurray! I love that weirdo.

So serious time. What a brilliant tragedy this all is. I feel so bad for Chihiro, even though he is literally a monster. It's like the ending lyrics say (didn't Phurricane point out how salient the lyrics were in last season's theme or this one?) Chihiro was fucked even before he was born. He had no choice in the direction of his life and the only thing he ever wanted was the love of a dead girl. And now, he's wanted by his former team mates, the girl he loves, his own father. Even if he did a shitty thing in the last episode, it's pretty hard to argue that he deserves this. Or at least, not consider the context that pushed him into it.

Also... Nanaha-san is a monster and they keep saying he ate her, but at least that's one thing he didn't do, apparently. Also, Nanaha... I know people theorized it, but what a monkey paw's wish of having her come back to life.

One last note, might I mention how brilliant these episode titles are? I've never even heard of these phrases before, but Kobayashi is using like Latin or English phrases that seem kinda smart and referential. Like the next episode title is out of the Bible, I think.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 10 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Kobayashi, you animal.

While heartwarming to see Kazuya and Nozomi help Mamoru out of the rubble and Fuku still helping Shidou, Fuku-san's potentially impending death is hard to believe during its execution. And to the hospital keeping his mom: why couldn't you hide the infected cooler? Or safely dispose of, considering hospitals have protocols to dispose of biohazard-class materials?! SHUT that hospital down!

Nice to see you again, Ex-Chief, still a cold bitch as always. And there's old man Tenjo, sounding like Kougami from OOO. Oh, Fudamori's alive and Tachibana's just by death's door but hanging on. Kamio-san, even as a scientist, a anti-Kaiju commander or even a businessman, you find ways to avoid death.

Chihiro, fine, keep cheating by resorting to your One-Winged Angel form to stop your dad from killing you. Jin, welcome to parenthood, find a way to beat some sense to your son before he rages out.

But then you turned Nanaha into Patient One: The Jellyfish Amazon. You've presented a new sitrep where her lover and/or her son will 100% have a problem with. Hope you can write the dilemma and resolution VERY well because any more torment and I will commit myself to Bellevue!
Do we see his face though in season 1?
There were several instances where Tenjo shows his face.
Like the next episode title is out of the Bible, I think.
Actually, it's an event in Roman Empire history where Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon river onto Rome to conduct civil war against the Roman Senate and Pompey the Great. By fighting his former ally and higher-ups, Caesar knew there's no turning back, hence the idiom "Crossing the Rubicon". Interesting note: Julius Caesar's "The die is cast" quote may be a possible naming inspiration behind S02's theme song, Die Set Down.

Excellent episode but I don't like how Fuku-san's possible last moments went.

I'll finish this show regardless of what surprises you may plan to piss me off with, Kobayashi-sensei.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Is the toku fandom bad?

Post by Catastrophe »

Poor Fukuda....

I'm wondering if Jin has misinterpreted the painting and it was actually meant to be if Nahana looses her humanity to end her? That fight between Alpha and Neo was intense. I went from thinking that Jin had killed Neo to 'Oh shit Jin is going to die' in the span of a few seconds.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Wasn't it obvious that the white amazon was her though?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

But Jin thinks she is dead, not that she has transformed.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I called it! I knew it! Chihiro didn't ate Nanaha! he turned her into an Amazon and she is probably the very first person infected and because of that they thought that she was another original. Such amazing episode and just another 5/5 episode.

We are going to get a "tomino kill them all" in this show... Iyu vs Chihiro and then probably Chihiro vs Jin. Nanaha san doesn't seem to be conscious in her amazon form and she is attacking humans.
Final Vent!
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

I think that Chihiro still ate Nanaha (his mouth at that time had a lot of blood), later Nanaha's corpse was taken by team Mamoru and somehow this corpse changed into the Jellyfish Amazon.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I really don't see this ending good for anyone. I think the entire Takayama family is going to die.
takenoko wrote:
So serious time. What a brilliant tragedy this all is. I feel so bad for Chihiro, even though he is literally a monster. It's like the ending lyrics say (didn't Phurricane point out how salient the lyrics were in last season's theme or this one?) Chihiro was fucked even before he was born. He had no choice in the direction of his life and the only thing he ever wanted was the love of a dead girl. And now, he's wanted by his former team mates, the girl he loves, his own father. Even if he did a shitty thing in the last episode, it's pretty hard to argue that he deserves this. Or at least, not consider the context that pushed him into it.
True. Chihiro's got it fucking rough. I wish the kid could catch a break but then again he's a legitimate fucking monster and there's really no life that's worth living that he can have now. Also it kinda just hit me. Dude's only 5 years old.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

And the girl he's in love with is portrayed by a 13/14 year old. This show's wrong in all sorts of ways!
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

Never thought that invisible Amazon was Nanaha..nice, can't wait for next episode. It just I don't like how they make Fukuda's mom became Amazon, for so many episodes why that banned aroma ozone water dispenser is still allowed to be in hospital. Poor Fukuda. And Hiroki, your friend Chihiro has killed 19 people in one day, why you still think it's wrong for Iyu to kill Chihiro. Why still trying to protect Chihiro? I give 4 stars
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nagase saving Chihiro was an interesting note. I definitely think Nagase is being bone headed and overly simplistic about the matter, but that's how he approaches everything in life. In another show, he'd be beaten down and punished for his stupidity. But this is Amazons, and the moral cards run more gray. I actually ended up rooting for Nagase here, even if intellectually he is being foolish and naive.

Why? Because Nagase cares about his friendship with Chihiro. Yeah, he was using him, but you could tell from episode one that he has his set of principals that go beyond just the money making and exploitation. And two, something he said just stuck in my brain cogs. He doesn't want it to be Iyu to be the one who kills Chihiro. He knows that Chihiro cares about Iyu and has no better explanation than "This isn't right. So I'm going to do what I think is right in my gut."
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

We have entered the final stretch. With just 3 episodes to go (holy crap, there are only 3 episodes left), the final pieces of the puzzle are being put into place. I got the Alpha v Neo fight I wanted and it was every bit as glorious as I had hoped it would be. The only thing that could top it would be a three-way fight between our riders at the very end (as well as an appearance by OG Amazon, Yamamoto Daisuke. Make it happen already).
Also, screw you Kobayashi. You've got some nerve pulling the mother card on Fuku. You are evil.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:It's like the ending lyrics say (didn't Phurricane point out how salient the lyrics were in last season's theme or this one?)
I don't think I've posted in a S02 thread yet, but it sounds like something I probably said about the S01 theme. Or just about any toku lyrics. It's amazing how much a show's opening/ending/insert song lyrics hint about major plot points, but in a way that doesn't hit you until after the fact.

Loving this season. I was a bit iffy during the first couple episodes, but once some familiar faces started popping up regularly things really swung into high gear. Honestly, after last episode, I was ready to predict a terribly tragic ending where everyone dies. (Also preventing any calls for a S3.) That could still happen, but a couple people that I thought were already killed off were shown to have survived.
takenoko wrote:And the girl he's in love with is portrayed by a 13/14 year old. This show's wrong in all sorts of ways!
Isn't Chihiro technically, like, 2 years old himself? Or was it 5? However long the gap between seasons 1 and 2 was supposed to be. I don't remember and the wiki is having technical difficulties right now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's been 5 years.
takenoko