KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 13 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 am

☆☆☆☆☆
75%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 28
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 13 released

Post by njb »

Same here. Twitter 6B is just audio.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

me too
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I encoded the new 6b yesterday. Just need to upload the files so the torrent can be seeded. Give me half an hour
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

On the brief side:

Pros:
[*]Iyu smiled!
[*]In the end, Jin saved Nanaha and Nanaha saved Jin
[*]It's clear the fight isn't over yet
[*]Kurosaki understood in the end
[*]Jin crying out A-MA-ZON precisely how it was originally done - with Alpha being the representation of Amazons animal side (Omega being Amazon's human/"tamadochi" side), it was symbolically perfect

Cons:
[*]Iyu's armlet won't come off. Iyu feels no pain. JUST CUT HER ARM OFF CHIHIRO YOU GIT!
[*]We still don't know the purpose of Tenjo's project
[*]Mamoru didn't make it

On the longer side:

I know a lot of people are complaining about them omitting the final battle with Chihiro, but I think it leaves an important question hanging in the air. We FEEL like Chihiro and Iyu are dead, but we never saw the death blow. We never saw the bodies, only two armlets oddly clean. And Chihiro's driver is nowhere to be found... So are they truly dead, or were they spared and set free? We'll probably never learn the answer, even with another season lurking. I kinda like that best for an ending because we're allowed our own interpretation of the end.

So Tachibana wants to update the Sigma project, eh? Considering Iyu wasn't a true Sigma, perhaps he's planning to use coma patients or the victims of this recent crisis... I'd love to see Kano come back as a Sigma, since he was an ongoing and popular characrter. It looks like Season 3 will be all about hunting down Alpha and Omega with Sigmas while they in turn hunt the Sigmas.

Something about the things Tenjo said in both seasons really makes me wonder. Just WHY did he create the Amazons, and why did he say humans aren't ready for Amazons yet? In s1, I initially thought he was researching a form of regeneration or lifespan enhancement that went wrong, but s2's Amazons challenged that thoery. And just why was he so intent on seeing the battle with his own eyes, given his health, and so clear about wanting to be PART of the cycle? I really hope the truth behind the project emerges in s3...
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I thought that was Chihiro's belt. So it's their two armlets, huh? I have to say I notice a bit of blood on one of them.

I dunno. Realizing what they are now, my gut reaction is "Oh, that's proof that they're dead." But thinking about it more, there wouldn't have been any point to removing them if they had died. So maybe they're alive?

Is that Nanaha's robe that they're resting on?
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Ashki wrote:"tamadochi"
Shouldn't that be tomodachi or is that exactly the pun? I haven't watched Amazon so I don't know, but I'm curious.
takenoko wrote:Is that Nanaha's robe that they're resting on?
I would say so, yeah.

That ending song drove me to tears. Never had this reaction since Fourze
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Ashki wrote:Something about the things Tenjo said in both seasons really makes me wonder. Just WHY did he create the Amazons, and why did he say humans aren't ready for Amazons yet? In s1, I initially thought he was researching a form of regeneration or lifespan enhancement that went wrong, but s2's Amazons challenged that thoery. And just why was he so intent on seeing the battle with his own eyes, given his health, and so clear about wanting to be PART of the cycle? I really hope the truth behind the project emerges in s3...
I think Tenjo's testing humanity if they're still capable of maintaining the top spot of the food chain if a threat like the Amazons were introduced. As for him saying that humanity's not ready for them, he may refer to Chihiro's conception and existence: a human+Amazon hybrid conceived by the most common reproduction paradigm would be something both races would loathe to death and rightfully so.
Is that Nanaha's robe that they're resting on?
Interesting part about Nanaha's hippie shawl is that it influenced the design of her monster form.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

Wow. Just... wow. That was spectacular. My poor heart has a sad right now, but boy was it worth it.

I was expecting Jin to die, but it's more cruel to keep him alive. He really has nothing to live for anymore, except his mission, which is winding to a close. They did a great job drawing a parallel between Jin & Chihiro as well, with Jin blaming himself for everything that had happened & Chihiro blaming himself for all the pain Iyu went through. That blame is also what helped Chihiro accept his fate. I kinda felt jipped that we didn't get to see the 3 Rider fight, but the way they did it was so effective I'll give it a pass. My guess is Haruka placed their armlets inside as sort of a tribute to Chihiro & Iyu. Haruka didn't want to put either of them down, but he knew it needed to be done. I think Haruka (& Jin too to an extent) felt bad for both of them because they were doomed to a horrible fate simply due to the way they were born (or re-born, in Iyu's case). We also got a good parallel between Haruka & Mizuki afterward, with Mizuki making the same decision Haruka did in season 1. To judge someone based on what they do, not what they are.

All the scenes with Mamoru & Shidou's team were really well done too. They all had to face the consequences of their actions & now the team must find a way to move on. Despite their differences, Mamoru & the team always cared for each other & everything came to such a tragic end, it really makes you empathize with all of them. In the end, I think Mamoru had reached the same conclusion Chihiro did: that he was never going to be able to live peacefully. That's why he took the shot for Nanaha. It wasn't about protecting her, it was about ending his own existence before he unintentionally hurt anyone else. He would rather be put down by his friends than hunted down like a monster.

Hiroki learning the value of life was a nice bookend for his story. Team Kiss was the only thing I didn't like about this season at the beginning, but seeing him go from hot-headed street punk to a more caring, humble person made for a nice story to break up the more heavy plotlines.

I'm still confused by Takaaki... I believe the Amazon cells were originally developed for medical purposes (they were made by a Pharmacy afterall), but then they grew to intelligent lifeforms & Takaaki set them free on the city, but to what end? Is he just bat-shit crazy & wanted to see what would happen? Did it have something to do with his own medical condition? I mean, if the Amazons never escaped, we wouldn't have a show, but the way this was handled is one of my few complaints. Kurosaki talking about eating someone & then discussing the difference between "not wanting to die" & "wanting to live" with Fudamori makes me feel like he was infected by Chihiro & he knows it. Especially since Chihiro kept talking about "wanting to live". I guess it depends on if you interpret him walking away & leaving his gun as him realizing that life should be more than just hunting down Amazons & him coming to the realization that he just wants to live & be happy, or if you interpret it as he's going to be hunted down just like Chihiro was &, like him, he just wants to live (Basically, Kurosaki seeing things from Chihiro's point of view for once).

Takaaki, Tachibana, & Reika getting off scot-free (well, Tachibana wasn't TOTALLY scot-free) is the perfect example of how cruel the world can be. Chihiro, Iyu, Mamoru, & many others went through so much suffering, despite not doing anything as bad as what they did. As for the post-credit scene, I don't want a 3rd season. As much as I'm going to miss having this great show to watch every week, I feel like making a 3rd season would drag things down, & it's so good now, I don't want it to be pushed too far. That being said, I'd be okay with an epilogue movie. That way they could tie up the Takaaki thing, have the Sigma project cliffhanger actually lead to something, & maybe have Jin finally be able to die and find peace in the afterlife with his family. He deserves it. Plus if Kurosaki is infected, that could play out too. Just spitballin' here, but maybe the new Sigma project has something to do with Tachibana Amazon-ing himself to heal his wounds?

Regardless, this was a great end to a great show & everyone involved in it should be proud. Also wouldn't mind them picking another Showa era Rider & doing something similar.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I don't think we need a Season 3 but to me it seems like quite a good wrap-up, even the post-credits scene. Jin and Haruka are bloodied as they walk off, and Haruka actually tells Mizuki it's over, so I'm pretty sure Chihiro and Iyu are dead. Haruka and Jin have accepted death, and will let themselves die in due course, or kill each other when needed. The thing is, this season never addressed the Tlaloc survivors, or the other victims of the water server. The Originals are gone, so no new Amazons can be born, but there are probably pockets of them, still out there, still not awakened (so Mamoru couldn't gather them - he says that they're still looking for comrades this season), and he's out to get them. Haruka won't kill them, and so 4C has to do it, if Jin doesn't want to transform again.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

does anyone know what song that was at the ending?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

"Yagate Hoshi Ga Furu" sang by Saeko Suzuki. It's on the soundtrack on the second season that was released earlier (July the 5th). Apparently, it was only made for the show.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I didn't expect the battle between Chihiro and Haruka / Jin to play out since the previous action scenes took a long time. It would've been a weird pacing and I thought it was pointless anyway. Only thing that surprised me was the fact they didn't clearly show us Chihiro and Iyu's fate. I would have to assume that Chihiro was killed due to the fact that Jin would've have let him live. I also wonder why Jin and Haruka didn't fight to the death since they're the only two Amazons alive. Maybe they did and ran away again as usual.

Jin's transformation during his fight with Nanaha and yelling, "A-MA-ZON", was my favorite 'cause that's like the best original Amazon homage.

I'm surprised they had set up for Season Three during the after-credits. That wasn't necessary. I was hoping they would conclude this series completely and then give us a brand new series in the same style / rating.

Overall, amazing series. I honestly thought the first season was pointless but they've stepped it up by a long-shot this season, making it well worth the watch. I felt they've portrayed death, relationships, and overall emotions a hell of a lot better than any other Super Sentai or Kamen Rider series I've ever seen so far.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”