Amazons S1 on Amazon Prime US as Amazon Riders.

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Amazons S1 on Amazon Prime US as Amazon Riders.

Post by Catastrophe »

https://www.amazon.com/Amazonz/dp/B07C66FF86/

I remember there were some rumblings of this last year, but I can't remember if it was announced officially or not.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Amazons S1 on Amazon Prime US as Amazon Riders.

Post by Kurokage X »

Wonder what took them so long?
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Does anyone have Prime and want to give it a quick check? I'm curious if they made any localisation changes or if it is a shitty Bandai-Asia like sub job.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So they just dump it on Prime with absolutely no buildup or marketing? Why would they want to release this under the radar after the promotion they gave it 2 years ago? Something's fishy.

Apparently the ED gets no subs despite it being the JP version and not the EN version that was released on the CD (what was the point of an English version if you're not going to use it in the English release?)

JFC whoever wrote that series description should be shot. If I turned that in for a grade I think I'd fail the class.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

They don't even call it Kamen Rider. It's Amazon Riders. They also say it's the 4th Kamen Rider season clearly confusing this Kamen Rider Amazon with the original 1974 AAAAAMAAAZON.

They did add their own title card. Which is cool.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Kuchiri wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:54 pm They don't even call it Kamen Rider. It's Amazon Riders. They also say it's the 4th Kamen Rider season clearly confusing this Kamen Rider Amazon with the original 1974 AAAAAMAAAZON.
If you look on wikipedia it lists the seasons as Kamen Rider, V3, X, Amazon so ehhhhhh they're not wrong technically.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 pm So they just dump it on Prime with absolutely no buildup or marketing? Why would they want to release this under the radar after the promotion they gave it 2 years ago? Something's fishy.
Amazon US never gave it any promotion, did they?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 pm
Lunagel wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 pm So they just dump it on Prime with absolutely no buildup or marketing? Why would they want to release this under the radar after the promotion they gave it 2 years ago? Something's fishy.
Amazon US never gave it any promotion, did they?
Mmmm, okay, calling it "promotion" was a bit much. When it was first announced there was a US page (that I can't find, dunno if it's still up) listing upcoming stuff coming to Prime and Amazons was on there.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Purely conjecture on my end, but I get the impression that Amazon US considers this a Weird Japanese Thing that their Japanese affiliate did. They don't see much value in it, but hey, since they have shared ownership/rights anyhow, why not post it? It's free content, after all. But, it's not so good that it's worth investing advertising in.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They probably figured everyone already saw the TV-Nihon version and realized there was no hurry to release the real thing. It's not like they get any money from it right?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Still, they could maybe post something about it? Especially if they know there's a niche fanbase. Just making a press release wouldn't cost anything.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 pm They probably figured everyone already saw the TV-Nihon version and realized there was no hurry to release the real thing. It's not like they get any money from it right?
Potentially someone could subscribe to Prime to finally see it. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if they get a whole handful of conscriptions world-wide because of it. But that's certainly going to be the limit. Otherwise you're correct in that there's not much of a market for it since most everyone has already seen the fansub versions (thereby proving once and for all that TV-N is in fact evil!).
Lunagel wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:55 pm Still, they could maybe post something about it? Especially if they know there's a niche fanbase. Just making a press release wouldn't cost anything.
Amazon's library is nowhere near the size of Netflix's, but it's not small either. I just can't imagine them releasing a press release for every series they pick up.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh shit. I just saw that description. The mixed this up with the original Amazon for the numbering? They really haven't put any effort into it at all.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I figured it out, it's a translation of the JP Amazon's description:
仮面ライダー生誕45周年となる2016年新たな挑戦。仮面ライダーシリーズ第4作目にして、そのビジュアルと他の仮面ライダーとは一線を画すワイルドなアクションから、シリーズ最大の異色作との呼び声も高い"仮面ライダーアマゾン"が、Amazonプライム・ビデオにおける日本初のオリジナル作品として完全新生。悠と仁、養殖と野生、二人の対照的な仮面ライダーアマゾンを中心に、様々な登場人物の思惑が交差し、謎が謎を呼ぶ展開は注目必至。
My quick 3 minute translation:
A new challenge for 2016, Kamen Rider's 45th anniversary year. "Kamen Rider Amazon", the fourth of the Kamen Rider series, with its wild action and uniqueness distinct to the series, is reborn in a Japanese first, Amazon Prime Video's new original work. Centering around the two contrasting Kamen Rider Amazons, Haruka and Jin, tame and wild, the many characters defy expectations and mysteries upon mysteries rivet the viewer.
Their description:
"Amazon Riders", the fourth production in the Kamen Rider series, focuses on Haruka and Jin: one tame, the other, wild. The show introduces us to these contrasting Amazon Riders. The mentalities of various characters inevitably draw the viewer deeper into the the mystery of this dramatic story.

So yeah the translator didn't actually watch this and probably doesn't have any knowledge of KR at all. This is why context is key, kids!
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Amazon Riders make me think that the show is about half naked women riding on motorcycles...

At least they didn't go with Amazonz, I guess? The link suggests that they thought about it at some point.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”