Manga - Amazons Gaiden: Light of Fireflies

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Manga - Amazons Gaiden: Light of Fireflies

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Bought a copy of volume 1 today at Kinokuniya. So far, the manga is set after S01E08 and traverses around S01-E12-13. Based off of context, here's what I got:

Chapter 1- Shou/Firefly Amazon is a construction worker rooming with a group of Amazons. He's in contact with several of them, but one of his contacts go berserk and kills a hobo. Exterminators hunt the contact, prompting Shou to transform and protect his friend, but he realizes that he's gone. Haruka finishes the job and fights Shou, only for the latter to retreat.

Chapter 2- One of Shou's roommates goes into exposition mode about their kind and what Haruka and the Exterminators have been doing ever since the Queen Ant arc. Operation Tlaloc happens, prompting Shou to try and rescue any Amazon he can but unfortunately encounters Jin and becomes one of the Amazon combatants who vainly fought him at Nozama Pharmacy in S01E12. Shou would've died from there, but one of his roommates saved him. The other roommates were not lucky and died either at Jin's hands or during the operation.

Chapter 3- Set during the 2nd half of S01E13, Shou finds out about Haruka and Mamoru's group of Amazons and goes to their location. At that location, Shou watches Jin VS Haruka, but then encounters a surviving member of the Investigation Squad. Though Shou helped the poor guy, another Amazon appears. Understandably pissed that one of his kind is helping one of their assailants, it transforms, alerting Shou to do the same and defending himself against it. The angry Amazon kills the Investigation Squad member, pissing off Shou into killing the said Amazon off-panel. After that, witnessing the Exterminators plead Mamoru to return to them, Shou wonders if humanity could ever achieve peace with the Amazons.

Chapter 4- Shou returns, only to learn one of his contacts went MIA during Shou's journey to that location from S01E13. He and his roommate then sought the MIA'ed contact and found the contact devouring on a human and identified itself as a Bat Amazon that killed both humans and Amazons. Shou transforms, fights the Bat Amazon, kills him off and starts devouring on its corpse kinda like how a berserk Amazon devours a human, scaring his fellow roommate. Meanwhile, detectives have found an Amazon corpse from the crime scene of said Bat Amazon.

It's OK, artwork's edgy-ish. The gore's eh. I wanna dream that this could be translated, but I'm not holding my breath.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”