Poll: What's your opinion of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid?

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How do you like KR Ex-Aid?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆ Game Clear
42%
☆☆☆☆ Level Up
37%
☆☆☆ Run and Jump
5%
☆☆ Grind
10%
☆ Game Over
7%

Total votes: 84
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid?

Post by takenoko »

That's weird that this poll has 84 votes, considering we tend to only get 50 or so votes at a time.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess Ex-Aid was more polarising than other seasons?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I guess? I'm just worried that the data is bad or someone was messing with the numbers.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kuroto is hacking the poll because we don't respect his Godlike show.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:55 pm I guess? I'm just worried that the data is bad or someone was messing with the numbers.
Hmm. I suppose it's possible? But I can't say I've noticed any real evidence. The poll numbers themselves are somewhat inconclusive.

Does this forum allow tracking who has voted what with the polls?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I imagine the software probably logs the ip or account to make sure the same person doesn't vote twice?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:33 pm I imagine the software probably logs the ip or account to make sure the same person doesn't vote twice?
Aye. That would be a bare minimum. But some forum packages allow admins to easily see who has voted, or to flip on public voting. If this version of phpBB has either feature, then you'd be able to quickly audit the votes for any discrepancies.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If there's an option to see who voted, it's not obvious from the current available options.

I was answering this Build poll thread when I ended up talking about Ex-Aid. I'll just copy over the relevant parts here:
Oh God, are we comparing this to Ex-Aid now? At this point, I get that my mileage varies compared to other people's experience, but Ex-Aid never stopped feeling like its drama was forced and silly. It introduced a silly world, somehow got really good and dramatic around episode 28, then fell on its face for the last third act. Sento is overly stoic, but at least his acting wasn't completely wooden compared to Brave's inability to emote at all. Thinking back on the series, I'm surprised by how much I hate Emu as a character. Taiga was neutered to have his stuff relegated to Blu-ray spinoff nonsense.

Did Ex-Aid have higher highs? As much as I criticize the repetitiveness of Build's "war is bad" plotting, I appreciate that there are actually stakes that are believable, and that we have characters whose problems and actions are understandable. Sorry Ex-Aid, I love games, but you were clearly created by 50+ year old old Japanese dudes who've probably never played a modern game in their lives.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:14 am If there's an option to see who voted, it's not obvious from the current available options.
Ahh. I'm admittedly accustomed to vBulletin/XenForo, where in some versions this is a built-in feature. Apparently for phpBB it's an add-on.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Icingdeth »

Well let me first start off by saying that I have been unable to download any torrents for a few years but I am now back and catching up to the current series. I just spent the last week watching Ex-Aid and my first impressions were not really that great. I didn't like the suit designs because they felt too busy, but the further that I got into the series the more I looked forward to the final showdown with the main bad (whose identity I had guessed completely wrong). I had a problem with the fact that the henshin sequence in all but a few occasions was the full length and never abridged/shortened to better fit the scene, but again the more I watched of this series the more I appreciated the fact that they never shortened it and in some cases lengthened it to show more suspense and the characters emotions. And speaking of the characters! Man, the main cast was great and the character growth was noticeable in every character. I must say that a week was too short of a time to spend with these characters and they will forever hold a place in my heart.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”