KR Ex-Aid 04 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:06 am

☆☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
10%
No votes

Total votes: 31
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Ex-Aid 04 released

Post by takenoko »

I'm kind of hoping the game corp CEO will be the one behind it. At least try to be surprising, Toei.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

takenoko wrote:I'm kind of hoping the game corp CEO will be the one behind it. At least try to be surprising, Toei.
I was also thinking the CEO of Genm could be it. Only because he's the only other character in the show aside from Parado. That's why I'm thinking if it's not Parado, it would either have to be the CEO or some other brand new character they haven't introduced yet. Unless Gemn is multiple people. Who knows. I'm just really anxious to find out!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Victormaru wrote:Also, I'm really disappointed at Lazer being a motorcycle for his Level 2 form. I hope to God his Level 3 is just a normal form so he could actually fight.
It actually makes sense to me that Lazer would be a bike. You're not really a person in a racing game but a vehicle instead. So why would Lazer be a person instead of an actual bike?

Who knew that the recent Poppy's Room would confirm Level 3 and the Virtual Operation reveal about the Proto-Gashats.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

What's wrong with the world building again? Between all the episodes and extras, everything seems to be pretty consistent and more and more background information is being explained. Like, the only thing that feels missing from the early-game exposition is how GENM Corp created a living hologram, any even that can get easily classified in Poppy's Corner in a few episodes.

Like, I get people complains that these episode are introducing the toys fast, the toys so far have all been adding new cast members alongside some interesting dynamics between them. And the next set of Gashats are bound come in tandem with more character development. 4 episodes in and I feel like Ex-Aid is doing a great job at being multi-rider without feeling too much like a Gaim rehash.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

For me, it feels like the series is 90% battle scenes. I don't think I know anything about the characters besides them being surface level caricatures that don't exist beyond to carry out their duty in the paper thin story of the week. I mean, has Ex-Aid done anything interesting or fun or surprising storywise? I feel like I could have written the stories for Ex-Aid, and that they'd be literally just as bad, since I wouldn't know how to provide an entertaining story for people either.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I feel like saying characters are paper-thin when we've only seen their introductory episodes would be considered judging a book by it's cover. Same thing with the plot. And by the looks of the next episode preview, a lot more information and story are going to surface once Black Ex-Aid is revealed. And personally, I can't complain about there being too much action or it too fast paced after watching the last 3rd of Ghost.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Dark genre is not sports looks like he defeated the sports rider and got his genre as a weapon or addon.

We saw 10 different genres or possible riders on episode 1 and we have already saw 5 of those 10 cards (If I'm correct)...

Remaining genres are probably Mechas (Robots), Air Combat (Airplanes/Jets), Dancing games and probably something like Monster control or monster hunter which are really popular games in Japan like Pokemon, Digimon and Monster Hunter.

Final Vent!
Millsy
Favorite series: Zero-One | Donbrothers | Dyna | Makai Senki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O | Lupinranger VS Patranger | Decker | Gold Storm
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by Millsy »

Man dude Lazer is so far my favourite Rider in Ex-Aid. The smug sonofagun.

Brave is bad, I do not like him so far. He's like worse Zolda - a genius that doesn't give a damn about anything. Only he doesn't have any good points yet.

Snipe is fun Another Agito, it's cool he at least seems to still be running a shady doctor service.

This episode wasn't that strong compared to the first three, but it's whatever, it isn't terrible.

Super pumped for ep 5 at the very least, finally gonna burn through the LV 3 forms.
watch ultraman ginga it's actually a really fantastic show
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This episode wasn't quite as good as the past 3 episodes, but I still enjoyed it. Lazer is a genuinely interesting character, and I'm happy we got a basic origin story for the Bugster so soon (who knew buggy games could bring the downfall of humanity?!). What let this episode down was Lazer's absolutely absurd Level 2 form, and the resulting race. As someone else noted, a go-kart track isn't a good way to show off bikes. All of which is unfortunate, because next to his gun-fu, Sakamoto's other strength is his vehicle action, which didn't get used very well here (though we did get one of his trademark flying sidebike attacks).
mholden020 wrote:Something that stuck with me is how Poppy's line that the Gashats are "one-of-a-kind" got broken before it was ever mentioned back in Episode 2. Dark Ex-Aid used a Mighty Action X Gashat while Ex-Aid was transformed and it happened again in this episode, so what she said simply isn't true.
In case it's not clear, the Dark Ex-Aid is using the prototype version. The one that created the Bugster in the first place.
nanamarfo wrote:So where are the other Proto-Gashets?
GENM Corp has them. At one point we are shown a shot of them; there are 9, the 10th being AWOL because it's in use.
Victormaru wrote:Also, I'm really disappointed at Lazer being a motorcycle for his Level 2 form. I hope to God his Level 3 is just a normal form so he could actually fight.
Agreed. Right now he's half a Rider; he can't do anything on his own.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Also, notice how all the Doctor Riders (except EX-AID) are complete assholes, lol. When Kiriya asked Emu to be his friend, I thought that was really weird and sudden. You just knew Kiriya was up to no good after that. In the end, it turned out Kiriya just wanted to collect data on the Bugsters. That's when Emu went, "What?! I thought you were my friend!" Wait, so Kiriya is evil because he just wanted to sample Bugsters? Okay, just let him do it then. If anything, that's a good thing and it would probably help everyone overall. I feel like it was supposed to make the viewers go, "Oh my God! He just wanted his hands on a Bugster corpse the entire time?! Man, what an asshole! That guy is bad!"

How did Kiriya betray Emu though, exactly? He should've just said, "Hey Emu, I need samples from a Bugster once you defeat one for research purposes. Maybe we could figure out their internal body structure and how to defeat them". I don't see why Emu would've declined. I just think the whole betrayal scene at the end could've been executed better and more surprising. Like if Kiriya attacked Emu and then went for the Bugster's corpse or something. Kiriya doesn't really seem that menacing. Plus you know he's stuck on Level 1 so it's not like Emu can't just easily take him down in a fight. Maybe I'm the only one that's bothered by this, I don't know, lol.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

The betrayal scene was kind of out of nowhere. If Kiriya had been honest with Emu, I'm also sure that he would've still helped. Guess Kiriya is just the type to use people to get what he wants.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

when i watched this.. all i could thinknof was...

i seen riders becoming motorcycles and being ridden.. but never seen ine that was made specifically for somebidy to be on top of him... if i was lazer that'd be a blow to my self esteem...

imagine it... he cant do much without a guy on top of him.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Fidchell wrote:when i watched this.. all i could thinknof was...

i seen riders becoming motorcycles and being ridden.. but never seen ine that was made specifically for somebidy to be on top of him... if i was lazer that'd be a blow to my self esteem...

imagine it... he cant do much without a guy on top of him.
Well, considering he got the gashat by extortion, he does not have much to complain.

Anyway, as a Bike Fan i'm glad that they have a character being a bike, that means that there will be more bike scenes.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”