KR Ex-Aid 04 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:06 am

☆☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
10%
No votes

Total votes: 31
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

KR Ex-Aid 04 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Mario Ex-Aid Kart 8: Lazer VS Motorcycle Bugster
Last week's poll rating: 3.93 / 5 (29 votes)

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Ex-Aid 04 released

Post by takenoko »

Even with Natsui Runa as a little sister, I couldn't really get into this episode. Some of the writing is pretty dumb. Like when they defeat the Bugster at the end, and Asuna just psychicly knows that the sister is saved. Maybe take out some of that boring racing stuff (you'd think that would have been the most exciting part of the episode) and maybe have a line go over the radio saying something like "Oniichan, I'm alright!" I'm still mad about the guy from episode 2 who got stress because his fiance got attacked, before he even finds out about it.

I like Kiriya. He seems like a cooler, more interesting, less emo version of Taiga. But I can't get over the fact that only Hiiro actually looks like a doctor. The rest look like they're doctors at a costume party. I'm still pessimistic about the story as a whole if they're cutting corners on the world building this early. Just a straight 3 of 5 for me.

The Lazer thing seems like another dumb Toei (and dumb fan) thing. I just assume he's supposed to be Racer since he's a bike and dun dun da daaa, his genre is racing games? Just a thought? Maybe he has a hidden laser weapon. Also, why Lazer with a z? It's bad enough that we've got 90s gaudy colors for everything. Either way, I expect a lot of dumb fan arguments about this.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Lo and behold, 60% transformed episode. Kiriya was a nice breather, though. He's like DJ Sagara if he openly participated in the Rider Battles.
Zero Day caused by bugged video games... so most of the world should just be destroyed by now, right? I mean, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft...
Then again, Graphite just sprayed a guy in the face, so the virus is both dormant and forced on people.

GENM debugged four and made them Kamen Riders, and has another four in debugging. Does that include Shakariki Sports? Or does he not know about it? Or does and won't tell?
Also what is Rider Genm's objective? He left Hiiro, Taiga and Kiriya all with a sliver of health left, but also destroyed the failed Bugster. Is he Reaper 3.0?
Does GENM Corp and GENM go hand in hand? Or maybe it's something else?

Oh, the sped up Level 2s are pretty good. Let's keep them, and maybe speed up Level 1s, like Hiiro.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The doctor that got sick was Ultraman Ginga, yes?

So I think with this episode, I'm starting to feel some of the negatives that others have been discussing. Like there is a lot of action and we get introduced to our 4th rider in as many episodes, and it's kind of killing the pacing. Hiro hasn't done anything other than fight Taiga and Taiga hasn't done anything other than be a dick. I know there is a first quarter rush to push out all the toys and jazz, but Gaim had 4 core riders and the pacing for the first arc was done really well.

Also, Kiriya seems to have shot himself in the foot. How is he going to convince Emu to help him out again after revealing that he is a dick like the other riders. Also, evil Ex-Aid making random appearances to beat people up is getting boring, even if he is showing what I think is the Lv3 form. Again, it's just pointless toy shilling.

Hopefully with all the riders introduced we can have some actual character development now.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Kiriya seems to have saved Ex-Aid from turning into an Unlikable Rider of the Week show (he also turned out to be a jerk, admittedly, but he wasn't unnecessarily obnoxious). It's also pretty neat that Genm was behind the Bugster virus, though I hope the show explains how the bug in the games turned into a real-life virus (and, of course, why they were originally made). Not saying we should know about it this early on, but I hope they go into more detail at some point. Additionally, it feels pretty weird that we see a super/upgraded form just four episodes in, but then again, the show seems to be moving at a pretty fast pace already.

Also, the Bakusou Critical Strike feels like a Tron reference.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

i presume we missed a post on front page?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sorry, forgot.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

This series is moving way too fast while not adding much plot or characters development. The mystery and intrigue seems force, and characters likes to pop in and out to commentate how interesting things are getting. It's a KR trope, but way overuse here. Where's the dimensions? Emu is too good, the rest are bad. Writer(s) come on.

The race was weak, beside introducing our new racer Rider and getting Emu's gaming stick back, not much happen. Beside the usual rush of random battles.

The world building is not balance well as far as pacing goes. It's busy enough with all these Riders.

Hopefully after the holiday seasons toy rush and gimmicks are out of the way, the story will pick up. This is a 3.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Like when they defeat the Bugster at the end, and Asuna just psychicly knows that the sister is saved.
Not psychic, she knew because the Bugster-victim was cured, thus the Bugster must have been destroyed and the sister was safe.

Still liking the series a lot, but this episode was incredibly jumbled and I couldn't figure out why. The only thing I could pin down that didn't make sense was Hiiro jumping in to fight Taiga when the Bugster ran off. The chase scene was pretty lame as well, mainly because it was run on a go-kart track. Kart tracks are typically flat as a pancake to begin with and, because of that, don't even look exciting when karts are on them, let alone motorcycles. I would have expected two off-road motorcycles to do a chase through the woods, or through a city, or something like that. That specific track appeared in a few of the previous series though (multiple times in Decade), so maybe it's just close by or something.

Something that stuck with me is how Poppy's line that the Gashats are "one-of-a-kind" got broken before it was ever mentioned back in Episode 2. Dark Ex-Aid used a Mighty Action X Gashat while Ex-Aid was transformed and it happened again in this episode, so what she said simply isn't true.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The girl was Kaoru from Shinkenger!? Looks very different :o
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Isn't this week's patient also the main guy from Ultraman Ginga?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

njb wrote:The girl was Kaoru from Shinkenger!? Looks very different :o
Yeah. She's different from Shinkenger/Fourze.
CaptainTalon449 wrote:Isn't this week's patient also the main guy from Ultraman Ginga?
He really is the guy from Ultraman Ginga. He works under director Sakamoto Koichi for Ginga S and X.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Who did she play i Fourze? Too lazy to look it up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

She played Mei from the rival school. She's the girl that seemed like she'd hook with Ryuusei until he went with Nozama.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Natsui_Runa
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

So we have now 5 game-genres?
Ex-Aid = Jump 'n Run/Action Adventure
Lazer = Racing
Snipe = Shooting
Brave = RPG
Dark Ex-Aid = Sports(?)

so the next 4, which were mentioned, should be "beat 'em up", "simulation", "strategy" and "horror"?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”