KR Ex-Aid 06 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 26
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Ex-Aid 06 released

Post by Kurokage X »

Boloody fantastic this episode with Hiiro's backstory and that level 1 dance off is funny. Pacing went smoothly for me and I'm looking forward to the next episode
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown

Post by Kurokage X »

Catastrophe wrote:I don't want to shit the thread up with toy sale rants, but that.

I mean, if Level 3 can beat GENM and Graphite, then there doesn't need to be a reason to use the other forms, except that the level 2 forms are less gimmicky and have cleaner designs.
Given that this is a video game theme series, they may end up getting stronger as rivals in games get stronger then get defeated by the protagonist so there's that
Currently Watching

Finished Watching
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:There is a lot of shit that is happening in this series that could either be attributed to excellent writing or shit writing.
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Like Hiro for example. The fact that the secondary is aloof could be due to the fact that the character is a surgeon and the writes incorporated this into his character, or it could be because pretty much every secondary behaves like this to contrast to the goofy main and the writing was bad. Or you could argue with this episode that based on the fact that he messed up the rhythm thing the first time but got it the second time without practice is because he's a quick learner vs a natural gamer, or again could be attributed to the fact that the writers didn't care.

It's hard to tell and frustrating.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I guess only hindsight and history will be able to judge.

Although the contradictions are a bit confounding. Like Brave bailing when his HP was low. Is that supposed to be a sign of his prudent/cold calculating decision making? Because you'd think surgeons wouldn't be risk adverse. You're not likely to succeed in a surgery if you don't have the confidence to believe in your own skills and to take calculated risks that are needed to save your patient.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Exactly. I want to like this show, I really do.

Hopefully it'll pick up around the 10-12 episode mark.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

chcoman123 wrote:Like why do they bother even including this shit at all if it's not gonna matter in the slightest?
Early Ghost: 3 riders + 15 Eyecon forms = 18 toys to sell
Early Ex-Aid: 5 L1 riders + 5 L2 forms + 5 L3 forms = 15 toys to sell
Not counting final/next forms, villains or collectibles, it looks pretty even so far.[/quote]
I think you misunderstand. I was replying to someone else who said that after introducing level 3, that Emu just goes straight into level 3 and has the same amount of difficulty fighting as he did in levels 1 and 2. So, introducing the new forms has no real purpose at all, if the fights are just gonna play out the same. This is a problem with a lot of Neo-Heisei, even with the good series. It just goes into DBZ Power-Creep, and it gets to a point where they make a big deal out of how strong the enemy is, and it ends up not really mattering. It's especially bad in this series that is so clearly doing it for the sake of selling toys. It's frustrating, especially with it happening so early on in the series.
Catastrophe wrote:Exactly. I want to like this show, I really do.

Hopefully it'll pick up around the 10-12 episode mark.
I'm hoping that too, but I don't think it'll happen. Drive didn't pick up until halfway through and Ghost never got good. I've dropped the last two seasons of KR around the 12-15 episode mark because of just how they weren't picking up.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Oh, yeah; I'd somehow mixed up your question with how level 1 was getting more redundant (or probably would be when the CGI budget runs out). Some of it probably still tracks back to sales (maybe to "prove" that the other gashats are, in fact, just as important to collect as the main ones since they're used so often), but without a doubt some of it's just lazy writing/DBZ, as you've said.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

takenoko wrote:I don't think she's useless. She definitely fills in the role as exposition and support. But she is pretty flat at this point, seeing as how she doesn't have any wants or desires of her own outside of her role as Rider supporter.
I wonder if she'll get the same ending as Mack from Power Rangers Operation Overdrive. He was a robot that, once he found that out, felt he had no direction or purpose in life. In the end, thanks to the series mcguffin the Corona Aurora, he gets transformed into a real person. That should be Asuna's wish, to become a living breathing human instead of just an AI somehow manifesting in the real world.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kurokage X »

Digifiend wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't think she's useless. She definitely fills in the role as exposition and support. But she is pretty flat at this point, seeing as how she doesn't have any wants or desires of her own outside of her role as Rider supporter.
I wonder if she'll get the same ending as Mack from Power Rangers Operation Overdrive. He was a robot that, once he found that out, felt he had no direction or purpose in life. In the end, thanks to the series mcguffin the Corona Aurora, he gets transformed into a real person. That should be Asuna's wish, to become a living breathing human instead of just an AI somehow manifesting in the real world.
That honestly sounds dumb but it may seem plausible but it may end up as arbitrary and dumb
Currently Watching

Finished Watching
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chcoman123 wrote:I'm hoping that too, but I don't think it'll happen. Drive didn't pick up until halfway through and Ghost never got good. I've dropped the last two seasons of KR around the 12-15 episode mark because of just how they weren't picking up.
The past two were Drive and Ghost, though? (Just find it a lil odd you're talking like you saw them all with what you said after, is all).
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

So far, Ex-Aid has the same big problem I found with Ghost, where the writers are holding so many cards close to their chest that we as the audience can't figure out anything at all. Like, who is that weird guy hanging out with Graphite? I thought he was GENM at first, but apparently it's the CEO? What's that guy doing? He just plays video games all day. It's way too vague; Drive was really upfront with the villains, and it was nice to have relateable antagonists with a clear motive. Ghost spent ages deking around giving a straight answer to anything, and now Ex-Aid feels like it's doing the same. Give me some asides with the villains where they're not just standing on rooftops and declaring how misanthropic they are, you know?

The fights are ridiculous fun, though; the Critical Finisher splashes are really cool, and I'm glad they keep doing them.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

Asuna is more serious than poppy. i do hope later on there will be arc about her, but not forced. hopefully she wont be a damsel in distress as well.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
squall_foo
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by squall_foo »

Does anyone know the sub theme title play during Hiro's girlfriend Saki dead?
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

maryadavies wrote:Do any of you guys like RPGs? I know that sounds like a weird question but hear me out.
Yeah, I love my Kingdom Hearts a lot.
maryadavies wrote:There's a reason they paired Brave with the rhythm game if you have; I caught it right away since I'm a HUUGE rpg lover and really into Kingdom Hearts. There are a couple of the KH series that have a rhythm game as one of the minigames (KH2 (Atlantica), Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (HORRIBLE, EVIL ICE CREAM BEAT) and then there's the FF rhythm game I can't remember the name of atm, but then I never played it so that's understandable. I HAVE played all the KH games but Chain of Memories, however.

Maybe the writers played those!
I would not be surprised. Also,we do not talk of Atlantica. I can't speak for BBS since I have not played it yet.

Best episode so far! Loved it.
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Lunagel wrote:Oh fuck I completely blocked Ice Cream Beat from my mind cause that was such a bullshit mini game.
I just saw it and will now never talk of it.
NOMarfo

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”