KR Ex-Aid 06 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 26
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Ex-Aid 06 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't want to shit the thread up with toy sale rants, but that.

I mean, if Level 3 can beat GENM and Graphite, then there doesn't need to be a reason to use the other forms, except that the level 2 forms are less gimmicky and have cleaner designs.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ahem. Kabuto base form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Zenuku5 wrote:I loved watching Level 1 Ex-Aid dance while Level 1 Brave just looked at him like 'what's he doing?' Didn't even try to copy (and fail) but just stood there like a deer in the headlights. I wanna see that as a meme so bad! Or at least as a cute gif!
I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but here you go:
http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/153339 ... -or-a-pink
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Best episode so far. Only because Hiiro has a backstory. The only character in the series so far with a proper backstory. It's not much to go by, but it's a step in the right direction. This is what the series need. Characters. Now everyone need a backstory, yes that means Emu as well. It helps that the soundtrack is awesome.

All that said, the series still has loads of problems. Problems that may take a while to fix.

For this one, I'll give it a 5.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Like everybody have said so far, so is this the best episode of Ex-Aid as of now. Not sure if I have anything new to bring to the table as I'm afraid I will only repeat what others said. ^^;

Though it seems like all Lv 3 Gashats will have cute robots who fuse with their Rider.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The story so far is dark for a game/kiddy theme like this and that is always a good thing. Just episode 6 and we already have a dead girlfriend...

The music during the flash back and during the critical finishes were both great and definitely the music from this show is good.

I don't like the level 3 for Brave and I really hate music games... someone serious like him needed a more serious upgrade and this was better for someone funny like Lazer and not Brave.

Dark EX-AID doing the henshin in front of everyone and no one saw him xD

The story is going fast for just 6 episodes... next episode we will know more about Lazer.
Final Vent!
maryadavies
Go Go!
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by maryadavies »

Do any of you guys like RPGs? I know that sounds like a weird question but hear me out.

There's a reason they paired Brave with the rhythm game if you have; I caught it right away since I'm a HUUGE rpg lover and really into Kingdom Hearts. There are a couple of the KH series that have a rhythm game as one of the minigames (KH2 (Atlantica), Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (HORRIBLE, EVIL ICE CREAM BEAT) and then there's the FF rhythm game I can't remember the name of atm, but then I never played it so that's understandable. I HAVE played all the KH games but Chain of Memories, however.

Maybe the writers played those!

[Edit] Oh and in case someone doesn't have the 2.5 collection or the original PSP version of BBS, this is Ice Cream Beat. What makes it even eviler is you have to pass one course to advance the story. I..had never played a rhythm game before when I encountered it; which caused me to yell for a certain brother who played Guitar Hero so I could just get though the (censored/blank) thing. One of these days I'll finally conquer it without having to yell for the brother. One of these days.. :twisted: And just in case we got spoiler sensitive people around here; that does include part of the story of Disney Town, so I'd fast forward though it if you really hate spoilers. (The actual minigame starts at 6:22 if it helps, cut it off after the guy gets though it if you want to avoid any spoilers at all) However, BBS is pretty old so I don't see a reason to give you more than the warning.
My Backloggery
Never forget where you've been...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, I dunno. Based on the scenarios, I'm super dubious that the writers have even touched a video game before.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/152634 ... re-playing
Then again, it appears that Kitagawa Tsutomu (a cool stunt actor) plays Monster Hunter.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

There is a lot of shit that is happening in this series that could either be attributed to excellent writing or shit writing.

I'm thinking at this point it's the latter.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:There is a lot of shit that is happening in this series that could either be attributed to excellent writing or shit writing.
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by that.
maryadavies
Go Go!
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by maryadavies »

I can respectfully say even if the writers don't play, they sure did their homework. I mean, I don't think anyone really expected Ice Cream Beat in Birth By Sleep (or at least the way it was implemented), and they actually made it easier in the US version b/c it was too hard, and I'm not the only one that says Ice Cream Beat is terrible and horrible, and part of it is THAT was quite a few folks's first exposure to rhythm games. They must of known about the rhythm games in both KH2 and Birth By Sleep and what the fans said about them. Not to mention they prolly know about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Finally looked that up..).

I really thought Brave was pretty realistic; the amount of times I missed on Ice Cream Beat, looking like a moron trying to hit the buttons right...If I'd been using a floor pad, I prolly would of looked like him on that first time! And that was before I cried uncle and yelled for my brother...
My Backloggery
Never forget where you've been...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh fuck I completely blocked Ice Cream Beat from my mind cause that was such a bullshit mini game.
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

Marzarret wrote:
envedges wrote:I'm still curious to why Taiga is more pissed off at Graphite than Hiiro is? I'm surprised how calm Hiiro was, and did not get upset after Graphite escapes. Despite getting annoyed at times by Hiiro, he has been surprisingly generous to Hiiro, and not once I have heard him said he will take Hiiro's Gashat during the times Hiiro threatens him. I can imagine in the future Taiga might even take bullet for Hiiro.
I think the reason is because he's his first failure as a Doctor.

i think so, too.
or she was one of taiga's relatives... could also be.

i like the dancing part. emu is dancing with ease, but hiiro was like "what the heck?".
reminds me of the "dance battle" in "guardians of the galaxy" :mrgreen: :lol:
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

All and all, this had some pretty good moments. I like the backstory for Hiiro and the extra motivation it gives him, but on the other hand, he was acting so ill-mannered--even to his girlfriend in the flashback--that for me, it got in the way of the tragedy in the otherwise powerful backstory. The bit about Hiiro not liking sweets was a high point for me, though, as was Brave likening dancing to CPR. I'm glad that they're acknowledging the irony of having Brave be musical; it really doesn't feel like the right genre for him given his personality. That said, I really think the characters need fixing--especially Brave. I'm having trouble finding a single likeable character (with the possible exceptions of Kiriya when he isn't a jerk and Asuna when she isn't Poppy), let alone one I can easily identify with. As I've previously written, I think they're trying to make everyone who isn't Emu unlikable to make Emu himself more identifiable, but the show stops being fun for me if there are too few likable characters (and, as I still don't find Emu too identifiable, that doesn't leave me with many options). We didn't see Emu smiling while transforming this time, though, which I view as a step in the right direction.
chcoman123 wrote:Like why do they bother even including this shit at all if it's not gonna matter in the slightest?
Early Ghost: 3 riders + 15 Eyecon forms = 18 toys to sell
Early Ex-Aid: 5 L1 riders + 5 L2 forms + 5 L3 forms = 15 toys to sell
Not counting final/next forms, villains or collectibles, it looks pretty even so far.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

maryadavies wrote:Do any of you guys like RPGs?
I love RPGs, they're my favorite genre of games. I like rhythm games, too, I can get into them. I don't mind rhythm minigames in RPGs, but when you try to combine the two genres like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, that game was a terrible mess. I can definitely see them using this to reference games like those, but it's very unfitting for the character, and in this case the two genres don't mix.
Maybe I'm missing the point of Level 3, but the way I see it is that it feels like it's supposed to be combining two genres to get advantages of both, but I don't see Brave combining the skills of Taddle Quest and DoReMiFa Beat together.
If Level 3 is just using whatever the new genre is, then there's no reason for it to be a Level 3 form.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”