KR Ex-Aid 07 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
4%
4%

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 07 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - What if I lied about me lying, lies, lies, lies and lies?

Last week's poll rating: 4.43 / 5 (23 votes)

Pretty decent episode. We sort of learn Kiriya's backstory. Or maybe we don't? The word "lie" was used so often that it lost all meaning.

What I do know is that he's still a pretty fun character. We have some twists with Genm's identity being concealed and Kiriya made to look like a liar.

The stage select thing drives me nuts though. Is it like a holodeck situation? Are they transported somewhere in the real world (so teleportation exists in this world)? Is it all online like in the Matrix? So far, I thought the stage select overlapped something onto the real world. But if Genm can break in, then clearly it's some place that he can hack into? I dunno!

I don't even know why they bother to have guests in this show. We learn like the skeletal back story for them before they get knocked out and then their loved ones are attacked.

One problem with the level up system is that they've built their story around it. So Level 1 always has a function in the story, but at the same time, we sort of waste a lot of the story doing certain things. Basically this is Ex-Aid's story format:
Find patient, Level 1 fight to separate Bugster, Bugster gets away, we learn a bit more about the patient, maybe a cliffhanger happens here, some more fighting occurs before the monster gets away, more story, then the fight at the end where the monster is defeated. Regardless, it's pretty formulaic to a fault.

4 out of 5. Not much substance, but can be enjoyable in a big, dumb action movie sort of way.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Ex-Aid 07 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Can we talk about how BS that scene with Snipe was? Like ok, he's not getting his toy this week but there's still no reason to not take down the Bugster.
Especially when you're a character themed around shooting and so you shouldn't have an issue if the guy's flying away unless the script just demands you conviently forget because that's what Bandai wants.... Just shoot him!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Kiriya-san, what would have helped your case of Genm's true ID is Will Ferrell's Faceback app from The Other Guys.

Episode's alright.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I forgot to mention that I like Lazer's level 3. It took me a moment to notice that it's supposed to be a samurai design. I thought he looked like a dragon at first. His weapon is also cool. When was the last time we had an arrow weapon? Gaim? Blade? Sparrow's a good name for it too.

Man, the merchandising is strong in this week's Poppy's Room. I guess it's kind of entertaining, but I have mixed feelings putting this much effort into helping Toei sell their stuff. Why did Mighty Action X take 5 years to develop? Did Dan Kuroto also run a Kickstarter scam? What do you guys think? Maybe we don't need to sub all of these.

Wait. The Level 2 armor and face parts don't even come with the figure? That's dumb.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm just looking forward to what they do two episodes from now. since they've been having everyone gain their level 3 forms one episode after another, Snipe's will be next, and then that's all 10 games they said needed to be dealt with, I think? if it is, that puts a halt to their episode formula, or at least introduces an obstacle, and I'm curious where the story goes from there.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I actually liked this episode a lot better than the last one. I like it that Kiriya is a genuine liar who's falsely accused of lying as opposed to telling the truth all the time; while the boy-who-cried-wolf scenario could easily be cliché, I think it worked pretty well here. I think Lazer's L3 form is my favorite L3 form so far (although for some reason it reminds me a little of Umarak the Destroyer? Maybe it's the color scheme). Kiriya himself continues to be the most likable rider for me, partually because he has a clear (if still perceived) reason for keeping the truth from the others; it's easy for me to understand and feel sorry for him even if he's still not acting in the best interests of the team.

This episode provides an interesting contrast with last episode, since both have L3 introductions and backstory. It feels like Brave's episode had some strong moments, but I think this one had the advantage of an actual dilemma (tell patients the truth vs. keep the patients calm), which I feel had been attempted before in the show without as much success.
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I'm just looking forward to what they do two episodes from now. since they've been having everyone gain their level 3 forms one episode after another, Snipe's will be next, and then that's all 10 games they said needed to be dealt with, I think?
Since Ex-Aid and Genm have the same L2 game, we still have "Drago Knight Hunter Z" to go.
Last edited by Mxylv on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

a good episode & a decent backstory for Lazer.
agree with someone above about Snipe scene, cmon at least try to Shoot that Bugster once, you're a shooting game chara right???

this episodes teach us about White Lies & be condirate about ability of a patient to cope with the harsh truth. which later on make quite a solid chara background for Lazer lying/ twisted tongue. and i do like his decision in the end to just go with it rather than helpslessly explain it to Emu.

somehow i do feel the episode flow for ep 6&7 is better than the 1st four.

ok, so what gonna happend in ep 9?? that's become a question. i do hope the selling toys of level 3 gonna halt for a while & better for them to focus on the story
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

What? This episode was released? There wasn't a front page post!
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Best episode for me so far. Kiriya is also the best Rider here. I like the flow of this episode as well. Emu didn't trip? Snipe on his own mission instead of getting in the others way. While at the same time set the stage for the next episode, sounds fair to me. Each characters contribute to the plot in some way. Emu is hopeful towards Kiriya despite what others say, which is pretty consistent with (Emu's) character. Hiiro acts like he doesn't care like usual, but behind the scene seek answers.

Kiriya being the carefree man that he is, his reasons make sense. History confirmed his friend died from an accident, which he did. And then the dark Rider appears before everyone's eyes to be someone else. No point in explaining, especially when all the evidence is not on his side.

A lone carefree samurai who just wants to understand what his enemy (Bugsters) are made of. I give this a 5 out of 5. First ending that got me hyped.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Didn't see the episode yet and I already said this on the Jyuohger 38 thread, but it bears repeating: Thank you for releasing the episode today. Great Thanksgiving treat.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You too man. Hope our fans all have a pleasant Thanskgiving.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Zenuku5 »

Happy Turkey Day peoples!

Very pleased with this episode, but I am with others about Snipe. At least take a few shots at him or switch to 'rifle' mode to make it look like you're trying to get him. Only MAYBE reason to not shoot him out of the sky is he'd need to run and track down the gashat wherever it might have fallen, and that is VERY flimsy as an excuse. I honestly wasn't so sold on Lazer's Level 3 when I saw it in promo material. But seeing it in action it's really good and works well.

I liked Kiriya's attitude throughout the episode. A man who lies so much I think he almost forgets the truth himself, and is trying to. I am really curious who the heck the weird game boy is...I don't remember his name or if we even got one for him, so I am gonna call him Game boy! I mean he blocked Lazer's level 3 attack without any effort all god mode cheat almost. I wanted Kiriya to at least TRY and defend himself on the matter of the CEO but am not surprised that he didn't and chose to just save face with the lie.

Lying was a very prominent theme throughout the episode. Kiriya is a natural liar. Hiiro lied so as to disguise his intentions to investigate Lazer. The bad guys tricked (read as Lied) of Genm's identity. And of course the dad...who is honestly my one big complaint for this episode.

I get the story right now is flimsy due to them trying to rush the level up and all that and push I think into more 'competitive play' between the doctors once the 10 games are cleared. But the story in this one was especially painful for me to watch on grounds that the dad's crotchety attitude towards his daughter and the reasons behind them were obvious to any outside viewer as being out of concern for her. Trying to push her away to protect her and all that to a just painful to watch degree and just dragged the episode down for me. I also really disliked the head guy's wishy washy-ness this episode. Normally I get it's annoying but this one is especially annoying as it isn't just a quick flip it's a back-forth back again without any apparent 'thought' on his own instead letting others 'argue' for him and just agreeing with the last person to speak.

I loved the final fight and I LOVED the track that played while Kiriya was fighting Genm. I honestly kept listening expecting to hear some faded lyrics as we learn this is like our first 'real' insert song of the series. The tune of it was just that good and honestly fit Chambara Lazer beautifully.

4/5 for the painful to WATCH dad pushing his child away to protect them story and the head doctor lacking any real decisiveness himself. I hope he gets an actual episode where we learn about the real him. I understand everyone hates Poppy and feels she is flat, but to me this guy is even worse! At least Poppy is a determined sidekick however shallow that is! Maybe a 3.8 for Snipe not even TRYING to take a real shot as he escaped.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Mxylv wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I'm just looking forward to what they do two episodes from now. since they've been having everyone gain their level 3 forms one episode after another, Snipe's will be next, and then that's all 10 games they said needed to be dealt with, I think?
Since Ex-Aid and Genm have the same L2 game, we still have "Drago Knight Hunter Z" to go.
oh, right. that'll probably lead to a new arc/dynamic/big plot event or something.
perdana.aria
Number 6
Number 6
Quote: Grandmother said

Post by perdana.aria »

good episode.. but when Kiriya upset with Emu telling the truth to the patient is confusing. Doctor must tell the truth regarding patient condition. if they lie about it, they can be sued for malpractice. sure Emu should pick the timing right. But i don't think what he did was wrong.

I like when Kiriya not trying to prove that he's not lying or what Parad did just a trick. Instead he still want to protect others from the harsh truth that Dan is the enemy.
Based on the preview
Spoiler
I am curious with Kiriya and Dan confrontation in the next episode.

Better episode and back story than Hiiro's in last episode.

5 0f 5 for me.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

perdana.aria wrote:good episode.. but when Kiriya upset with Emu telling the truth to the patient is confusing. Doctor must tell the truth regarding patient condition. if they lie about it, they can be sued for malpractice. sure Emu should pick the timing right. But i don't think what he did was wrong.
5 years ago Kiriya told his friend the truth, that his friend had the game syndrome. His friend was so upset that he probably ran out the road and got killed in an accident.

Telling the truth killed his friend, that's why Kiriya is angry with Emu. Because to him, telling the truth can be harmful instead of helpful to the patient.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”