KR Ex-Aid 09 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:57 am

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
24%
4%

Total votes: 25
astonwave

Re: KR Ex-Aid 09 released

Post by astonwave »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
astonwave wrote:Guys.. I'm sorry. I can't anymore with ExAid. They switch back and forth between the serious and goofy shit so much I wind up getting whiplash. At least Jyuohger tends to balance their crazy shit out.
They do? Jyuohger's the same show that cut its drama short at times just so Misao could have more OTT meltdowns; I'd say it's just as bad.
chcoman123 wrote: As proof, just look at the sheer number of fight scenes. It's ridiculous how many forms, and how much battling and Rider V. Rider fights that goes on.
Oh believe me, I've griped over how many dang fights there are. xP
At least Misao's OTT moments are explainable. I mean, shit. If you felt like you were responsible for the deaths of three living beings, you'd be pretty screwed up to, don't you think?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

As explainable as they are, I never felt they were used well. I mean, there's one time Misao freaked out because Marvelous had more forms than him or that he didn't have anyone to fight despite his team getting their butts kicked. How is that enjoyable to watch?
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:As explainable as they are, I never felt they were used well. I mean, there's one time Misao freaked out because Marvelous had more forms than him or that he didn't have anyone to fight despite his team getting their butts kicked. How is that enjoyable to watch?
It's been speculated that Misao might have a mild form of Autism, or bipolar disorder. Him having Autism would make sense, given his extreme over reactions to things, and his social awkwardness. When you look at a lot of his scenes under that assumption, it makes it a bit more easier to digest in a sitting.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Victormaru wrote:Also, I wonder how the whole four-player co-op thing is going to work for Monster Hunter. Are there going to be three more Gashats for it or what? That's kind of interesting.
Maybe like W (somewhat)? Ex-Aid puts in the original Drago Hunter gashat and then the gashat magically appears in all of their Gamer Drivers?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
astonwave wrote:Guys.. I'm sorry. I can't anymore with ExAid. They switch back and forth between the serious and goofy shit so much I wind up getting whiplash. At least Jyuohger tends to balance their crazy shit out.
They do? Jyuohger's the same show that cut its drama short at times just so Misao could have more OTT meltdowns; I'd say it's just as bad.
I fell out with sentei a long time aqo, but honestly, while it's forced, I see it like Fourze. Hopefully it gets better.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:
chcoman123 wrote: As proof, just look at the sheer number of fight scenes. It's ridiculous how many forms, and how much battling and Rider V. Rider fights that goes on.
Oh believe me, I've griped over how many dang fights there are. xP
Let's be honest, in video games most of the time(I know Metal Gear is an exception) you're not listening to the story as much as you are fighting.
NOMarfo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

astonwave wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:As explainable as they are, I never felt they were used well. I mean, there's one time Misao freaked out because Marvelous had more forms than him or that he didn't have anyone to fight despite his team getting their butts kicked. How is that enjoyable to watch?
It's been speculated that Misao might have a mild form of Autism, or bipolar disorder. Him having Autism would make sense, given his extreme over reactions to things, and his social awkwardness. When you look at a lot of his scenes under that assumption, it makes it a bit more easier to digest in a sitting.
Huh, that'd be fascinating. I would be afraid to see Toei make an earnest go at this, since I imagine they'd fuck it up. I honestly just think MIsao is badly written. I feel too much of toku's characters could be explained away if mental illness were brought into the equation.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I'm mostly just going to cover the Emu is dead part,
Spoiler
I am honestly surprised no one has clicked on how he can transform, Brave even explains the process of the surgery resulting in those undergoing it to be infected with a tiny amount of the bugster virus. Now lets take that and look at Emu, if say the bugster virus existed back when the accident happened but in a less corrupted format, the doctor in question having failed all options to revive Emu takes a risk with an experimental new 'cure'. The results of which affected Emu and his gaming abilities while maintaining his life-span.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Up to this point, Emu really seemed to want the other doctors/colleagues to work in unison to defeat a bugster (episode 3, he reminded Brave and Snipe to stop fighting) and in episode 5 (he tried to tell Brave to stop fighting and to tend to the immediate patient).

But here, for some odd reason (I think it is an Asian trope) that seems to pop up for no reason - the one that is "I will be the one to do X". It isn't like that this hasn't happened before, but it now has hit me after watching the episode and this thread that this show LIKES TO HUG this trope to death. If Brave wasn't a HUGE HAMMER to that trope, it certainly is more apparent with being in place for the protagonist that otherwise has been painted thus far to SIMPLY CURE PATIENTS and tend to their well being, using any means. But with the two prior episodes, he indirectly does not mind the help of others.

But in episode 9?

There isn't much to glory hog. And the task would have been accomplished either way with Kyoutarou-sensei not disappearing (sorry, I simply cannot paint death when really they simply disintegrate after fading into transparency). That and most certainly Emu realizes that it isn't ONE doctor that saved his life, but a TEAM.

This goes back to the comments in this thread, that the writers nor director of this show understands how doctors really think and why I used the word colleague. Not once did any of them collaborated forcing yet a Gaim 2.0 that many noticed. But that is not how what supposed to be patient tending staff handles things. There is one lead for sure, but if it is seconds to moments drama to save a life, a lead will have a team of followers, not a team that is against each other's throats.

I can understand Snipe's direction. He was ultimately let go because he failed a mission (dealing with Graphite). I can understand his portion of the "I must be the ONLY ONE" because he maybe in it to clear his name in practice (though still a weak premise but not as such compared to the innane things thrown in this episode). But if this is the writers/director's way of pushing characterization other than proclaiming he is a genius gamer (seriously, how is he aware of the games background if the show admits that these are prototype games that aren't even released until NOW) then it is a blatant mess at this point.

And speaking of the games, I would have more bought it if the gashats interacted with the handheld console or console, giving more of a (literal and metaphorical) connect with the world-building and the tools in the world. But as I watch Porad play, it also made clear that this angle is also haphazard (like the faux logo on the side of the building).

You drew me in Ex-Aid, but this episode crushed the floor of disbelief that was dangling by the last few holds.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Also, Asuna/Poppy had no business to be out in the Stage Select location.... Why is that forced in to begin with? Oh right, the insistence that side characters become the commentary side show like in Dragonball Z, Naruto, and Bleach!

And that is not how bridge destruction works Toei! Your cheap insistence of inserting as many CGI as much as possible!
Last edited by Renigami on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Renigami wrote:Also, Asuna/Poppy had no business to be out in the Stage Select location.... Why is that forced in to begin with?
I think most of it can be boiled down to "But games are like that!" despite games not actually being like that...

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”