KR Ex-Aid 10 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
14%
7%

Total votes: 29
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Ex-Aid 10 released

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I had problems describing what I thought of previous episodes because so far so has Ex-Aid been in the middle of the road between good and bad. Or as you might call it, meh.
I do hope it will get good, but the latest episodes have sadly not impressed me and I'm worried about the direction it's going.

Which is sad since this was supposed to be a big episode. Though another reason I was disappointed with it was that I saw this episode right after watching episode 41 of Jyuohger, a big episode of that show.
I know you shouldn't compare Kamen Rider and Super Sentai too much, but I felt that the team behind Jyuohger knows how to make their important episodes interesting compared to Ex-Aid.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I'm actually really loving the discord between the doctors, since they all actually want to carry the sole responsibility of being a rider, but the situation almost demands that they need to work together to get anything done. It's one of the reasons why Riders don't form into Sentais, and I love how the writer is all these old KR tropes into this extremely new feeling series.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

FirenOh wrote:I'm actually really loving the discord between the doctors, since they all actually want to carry the sole responsibility of being a rider, but the situation almost demands that they need to work together to get anything done. It's one of the reasons why Riders don't form into Sentais, and I love how the writer is all these old KR tropes into this extremely new feeling series.
This is one of the WEAKER moments in the episode, reinforced by the actual choreography of the final fight with Graphite... it all seems like they are taking turns with their hits, Graphite just standing there tanking everything, rather than something that is meaningful in action to the words they have pushed for this and past episode.

It doesn't help by the LEGO design of Drago Knight Hunter Z's form, simply splitting and attaching to just a few limbs - ala Fourze's Astro Switches.

I would expect something more, but even Phoenix of Wizard got a better build up and send off AND showed his background pre-bad guy conversion ALOT BETTER.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

This is one of the WEAKER moments in the episode, reinforced by the actual choreography of the final fight with Graphite... it all seems like they are taking turns with their hits, Graphite just standing there tanking everything, rather than something that is meaningful in action to the words they have pushed for this and past episode.

It doesn't help by the LEGO design of Drago Knight Hunter Z's form, simply splitting and attaching to just a few limbs - ala Fourze's Astro Switches.

I would expect something more, but even Phoenix of Wizard got a better build up and send off AND showed his background pre-bad guy conversion ALOT BETTER.
Graphite isn't really supposed to be a that big of a general, just a really tough goon who believed in the Bugster Cause wholeheartedly and was set up to die by the actually major villains. He did have history with Snipe and Brave, but after his defeat Hiiro realises that vengeance feels hollow, and I'm thankful for that since it means his character arc isn't going to be the bog-standard "I avenged my girlfriend Now and my personal flaws are fixed" shit that we tend to see. Taiga just see Graphite as old obstacle in his way of getting the 10 gashats and getting rid of the Bugster once and for all, so it makes sense if he seemed to not give a shit about Graphite afterwards.

In the fight itself, I wanna call attention to Poppy's words, were she remarks that even though the riders are supposed to be duelling each other, since they all are thinking they just got a new gashat and upgrade, they also show the makings of a potential team. The fight was organized less as a battle against Graphite more of a demonstration how If they Riders could honestly trust each other, they could potentially be a great team. But, they're still a long ways away from that ever happening.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

nanamarfo wrote:Didn't watch Faiz so that would be intresting.
I do suggest watching Faiz. I enjoyed every minute of it.

I actually enjoyed this episode. Drago Knight Hunter Z is pretty cool. I liked how it became usable by the four of them. Very nice.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Finally got around to catching up. Kind of lame episode. Just team up for the hell of it and break up again for more drama. The writing so far is shit.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”