KR Ex-Aid 10 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
14%
7%

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 10 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Monster Hunter

Last week's poll rating: 3.64 / 5 (22 votes)

Probably the best that this show's had so far, but it's still bad. Everyone in this show is so unlikable. I'm especially turned off by Brave boy being rude to his nurses.

How does this stupid show work? So Ex-Aid got the Drago Knight Gashat? But he broke it into four pieces. And Graphite has it too? But then Emu has one and Prado walks off with one too? I guess one was the proto?

The four player thing is a good idea, but take a lesson from Sentai on how to do group fight scenes. That was horrible to watch. The only thing that you could see was the one moment with Brave and Snipe did their jump attacks, since they slowed that down.

Splitting the power ups was also a cool idea, but it also didn't look very good. I guess I don't understand how that works either. It looks like Brave gets a right arm and leg. Snipe gets a left arm and leg. And Lazer gets both since he has no limbs without the Gashat? I'm also not keen on Lazer and Snipe both being yellow Riders. There are so many colors in the world, even in the ugly 90s era, you could try to differentiate them. But that wouldn't fix how busy and ugly the designs are to me anyway...

I mean, this is the Ninninger of Riders for me. There's no high heights, there's only "Is it annoying or not annoying." At least the dumb humor stuff was saved for the end this time.

But let's look at the plot. Brave's sub story is complete, he got his revenge. But the show treats it like it's nothing, and so we don't feel anything as a viewer. What the fuck? What is the point of this show if the only good backstory doesn't have any emotional weight? And it's not like Brave learned anything from this encounter or became a better doctor/Rider. No one did.

3 stars. It probably deserves a 2 for screwing up Brave's story and for the other flaws, but at least this episode tried to be about something.
zeshin2002
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Mew Azama
My boom: PS4
Quote: Keep punching til you reach the center.
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: KR Ex-Aid 10 released

Post by zeshin2002 »

This series is grating on my nerves. The riders are just jerks for no reason now. It just seems like they fight the monster then flip each other off and walk away every episode. Even in episodes like this where there should have been a huge personality change, we just get nothing. They all just walk off again and say something dickish to each other. Even when they see that being that way almost gets innocent people killed they still don't care.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

That's it. I'm done. No more EX-Aid. This show is just terrible. Emu's characterization is non-existent. He goes from wanting everyone to work together, to being selfish before he gets yelled at by his former surgeon, to wanting everyone to work together, only to fail and then IMMEDIATELY give up after ONE attempt. Then he's given a SECOND pep-talk and then he unites them by having them all fight him? But that didn't work before...why on earth is it working now when it's EX-Aid and not Graphite? And then the Gashat splits into four...just...WHAT? And then they teleport Graphite to their own stage? Wait, since when can they do that? And then they block an attack by JoJo posing? Just...what?

Also, way to waste what is typically an endgame plot within the FIRST 10 EPISODES! Having Rider on Rider battles, huge infections breaking out throughout the city and the potential of Emu being undead (which really peters out into nothing) is all stuff that you don't do within the first 10 episodes dammit! You do this near the END OF THE SHOW!

This episode also just proved to me that Brave should be the main character, not EX-Aid. His motivations are better, and if HE was the one who got really selfish, trying to save the doctor who would've saved HIS life instead of Emu, it would've made way more sense, considering that he's not a team player. Having his girlfriend's death would just be icing on the cake. Why isn't Brave the main character, SERIOUSLY?

I'm done. No more Ex-Aid. I gave it a shot. But like Drive and Ghost before it, it's failed to be good early on, and I've seen enough to know that this show is gonna be BAD. I just don't care anymore.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Ten episodes in, still loving it. I kind of wish they'd elaborate on how they managed to port Graphite into the battle place, that was kind of weird, but it's not enough to lose rating points. Five of five from me!

The four player thing is a good idea, but take a lesson from Sentai on how to do group fight scenes. That was horrible to watch. The only thing that you could see was the one moment with Brave and Snipe did their jump attacks, since they slowed that down.
It wasn't supposed to look like a cohesive or well put-together fight. These four may have had the same enemy, but they were far from working together. Emu snookered them and they knew it, going to the battle with zero intentions of working together. Each was there for his own reason: Three of them wanted to clear the game and take it for themselves, one wanted to save someone from the virus, none of them gave a shit about the others. Having that fight look as if they were working well as a team would have completely gone against everything the show has laid out from the moment each new rider was introduced.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It seems weird to have Graphite gone so soon. All the hints dropped thus far have been that he was the original Bugster, which normally would mean he gets a pass to the later part of the series. So if he's not the original Buster, then what was he?

In any case, with his passing, hopefully this means we finally get some backstory on the human, Pardo(?). Besides having a total man crush on Emu, we know next to nothing about him. Where does he fit in to all of this?

Oh, and does anyone know if the full version of Excite has been released yet?
takenoko wrote:
How does this stupid show work? So Ex-Aid got the Drago Knight Gashat? But he broke it into four pieces. And Graphite has it too? But then Emu has one and Prado walks off with one too? I guess one was the proto?
Yes, the Gashat Graphite used and Prado picked up afterwards was the prototype. And Ex-Aid gets it because of the Rule of Cool. He's the main character, so he needs to be able to bust it out in the future to team up with the other riders in the future.

In fact I imagine we're going to have some kind of buddy arc for the next few episodes, where Emu's relationship with the other 3 Riders is further developed. Then he'll get his next full power-up.
mholden020 wrote:Ten episodes in, still loving it. I kind of wish they'd elaborate on how they managed to port Graphite into the battle place, that was kind of weird, but it's not enough to lose rating points. Five of five from me!

It wasn't supposed to look like a cohesive or well put-together fight. These four may have had the same enemy, but they were far from working together. Emu snookered them and they knew it, going to the battle with zero intentions of working together. Each was there for his own reason: Three of them wanted to clear the game and take it for themselves, one wanted to save someone from the virus, none of them gave a shit about the others. Having that fight look as if they were working well as a team would have completely gone against everything the show has laid out from the moment each new rider was introduced.
Agreed on both points. A well coordinated cooperative fight undoubtedly looks better, but I similarly got the impression that this episode's fight wasn't meant to be that. It was 4 self-interested people fighting against a single target. Which, IMO, is the more clever way to go.
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

So Parado and Dan really planned this from the start. Poor Graphite, you are just another tool for their 'experiment'.

On the side note, Lazer seems to get the best equipments from the Drago Knight Gashat. Provided that others can still use their main weapons in level 5. They bickering among themselves while fighting Graphite is funny lol....
zeshin2002
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Dreamy: Mew Azama
My boom: PS4
Quote: Keep punching til you reach the center.
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by zeshin2002 »

ViRGE wrote: Oh, and does anyone know if the full version of Excite has been released yet?
It comes out on Jan. 18th
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chcoman123 wrote:And then the Gashat splits into four...just...WHAT?
You didn't see that coming? Even if you didn't watch the preview, a lot seemed to be heading that way.
chcoman123 wrote:And then they block an attack by JoJo posing? Just...what?
But, Jojo posing can do anything~
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Loving this series more and more. I love that the bulk of the Riders are complete assholes, with Emu slowly becoming more and more like the rest of them. I've had my fill of "nice guys" for a while. It's refreshing to see this kind of jackassery from the characters. Sadly, they're all going to do a heel/face turn by the end, but for a while I can enjoy this. Some shows
Spoiler
(Ghost and W in particular)
turned their antagonistic, self-serving Riders into cookie-cutter "good guys" way too soon and I'm hoping for at least 10-15 more episodes of these guys hating each other before they turn goody-goody and the show starts to turn downhill.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

dramtization in this episode is ok. but yeah, thats the point that very lack in this series so far.
idk, the 1st 10 episodes of gaim have much more story rather than this, even drive also stillhave some meaningfull.

we'll i got off into ninninger at 28episodes after Kinji arc kinda complete. but i still watch it till the end. quite similar thing goes to ghost as well.
so i think i'll wait until 26th episodes to conclude halfway part of this series.

better director & better script is badly needed ASAP. this series of doctors should actually give STRONG EMOTIONAL feeling for the viewers, but yet i only felt in in Kiriya backstory.

Please learn for dramatization from Amazons
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

ViRGE wrote:In fact I imagine we're going to have some kind of buddy arc for the next few episodes, where Emu's relationship with the other 3 Riders is further developed. Then he'll get his next full power-up.
"Thou art I...and I am Thou
Thou hast established a new bond...

It brings thee closer to the truth..."

I am sorry but what you said, AND how obvious it is that you are right, I just HAD to say that.
ViRGE wrote:
mholden020 wrote:Ten episodes in, still loving it.

Agreed on both points. A well coordinated cooperative fight undoubtedly looks better, but I similarly got the impression that this episode's fight wasn't meant to be that. It was 4 self-interested people fighting against a single target. Which, IMO, is the more clever way to go.
Like mholden020, still loving it though It's had its rough spots. 5 out of 5 for me as it seems things are finally starting to turn up, even if everyone IS an asshole or just plain weird beyond charming. It's starting to get more curious now.

Also when Emu changed to M, am I the ONLY person who JUST now realized it's a Yugioh scenario! M is Yami Yugi/'Yami'/
Spoiler
Atemu
! Emu is little Yugi! That cocky arrogant demeanor AND the skill to back it up! I wanna beat myself up for not realizing it sooner! Also I may have turned out to be right on my theory about M in fact BEING a Bugster growing inside Emu all this time.

And one last thing, again I just HAVE to. YUUGIII-EMMMMMUUUU!!! Okay, got that out of my system.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This episode didn't work for me. I like the idea of a super-powerful form that an arrogant rider claims, only to learn that it takes multiple riders together to handle the power, but here it all seems fake. Emu became an arrogant lone wolf with very little reason during the same episode that the teamwork-dependent power came in. Perhaps if he had gotten notably overconfident/arrogant for two or three episodes beforehand, it would have worked better for me, but having a redemption within an episode of the problem developing seems like bad writing. As bad as Ghost turned out, I feel like even Takeru's one-episode personality switch was handled better than this. A second issue I had is with the rest of the team: here, I think the writers are viewing the riders as plot points rather than characters in their own right. No one else wants to join Ex-Aid, everyone has a beef with Graphite, and they all eventually accept teamwork only to say self-centered things when they're actually fighting. Kiriya's still either the only likable character or the closest thing to one (I suppose it depends on the scene), but his personality seems to have been forcibly squished into the plot: Ex-Aid must be the only rider who believes in teamwork.

Eh. I'll give the start of the second arc a go, but if it doesn't get my attention within the first few episodes, I may be going with chcoman123.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That comparison to Yuugi just makes me think the writers were too lazy or game-ignorant to write a character, so they're just going to steal it from Yu-Gi-Oh.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Ok, this was the best episode so far.

So Emu banked on wanting to save Sensei's life huh? I feel this is more prepping for Emu's journey from gamer to a doctor for the second arc, and know how I felt about the way Ghost dealt with that, only time will tell.

So Hirro now has nothing left to do... Don't pull another Makoto on me, Ex-Aid!

I can't wait to see what they do with Taiga. He has SOO much room for development left.

Kiria:I also want to know what they do with him. He seems like he has a lot of potential for his character too.

Easy 5 out of 5.
ViRGE wrote: Oh, and does anyone know if the full version of Excite has been released yet?
SpecialForm12 has it up on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5NoJie6Kvc
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Mxylv wrote: Emu became an arrogant lone wolf with very little reason during the same episode that the teamwork-dependent power came in. .
Does no-one think HE'S A BUGSTER?? The hint that gave it was that HIS EYES WERE RED!
NOMarfo

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”