KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
61%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 38
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

nanamarfo wrote:Doesn't Kamen Rider always stagnate towards the middle now-days?
Yeah but in the grander scheme of things this stagnation could end up making Ex-Aid better for it
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Perhaps Japanese think "buggle" is a pun on "buckle"?

Also, are we in agreement yet whether or not "Genius Gamer M" is actually a bugster that possesses Emu?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

ViRGE wrote:
nanamarfo wrote:
As far I know, it is a reference to the GBA(Orignal, not Micro or SP).
I had considered that, and the casing itself is definitely GBA-like. However the display is not. The images are definitely fixed segments. It's not a dot matrix LCD screen, or even like the Drive Driver where it's laid out in such a manner to allow fairly convincing animation.
Yeah, the zombie sprite and just 2 buttons on the sides are like those Game&watch consoles. Altough they could have done it to be based on the GBA and the old handheld game, the fixed segments part is IMO the dominant one.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

This episode is a big slap in the face to all those who said that EX-AID was a bad show. In just 12 episodes we got a dark show and 2 major characters gone (Graphite and Kiriya).

Kiriya is done with this show and he will not return, that is even the best because characters death should have an impact on the remaining characters and not be considered lightly. This was good for emu grown as a character and we finally got to see what happen when a game over occurs and is not something to take lightly either. The question now is... are there really any extra life or continues in this game?.

Dan is slowly becoming another Sengoku Ryoma or Shiro Kanzaki and he even took down one of the riders already.

Kiriya pushed too hard against an enemy that he knew that could have an advantage over him. After all Dan is the creator of the belts and the one that gave them access to the gashat and level 3.

There is now one belt available and my guess is that we are going to get a completely new rider using that belt. Probably is going to be the guy that is with Dan all the time.

I still hope for a fighting game representation in this show and to see something similar to a hadouken or shoryuken would be just awesome.
Last edited by Kurow on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>This episode is a big slap in the face to all those who said that EX-AID was a bad show. In just 12 episodes we got a dark show and 2 major characters gone (Graphite and Kiriya).

No? Having two twists is an instant fix for everything wrong with the show. Also, it's not a dark show and even if it were, it wouldn't instantly make it mature or more appealing towards adults as the meaning would imply. At best, people are excited because the super bad show kind of took some steps into not becoming a total shit hole.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. Suddenly killing a good character off doesn't make the show better instantly. The payoff from it needs to be good otherwise it could get worse quicker.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Kurow wrote:This episode is a big slap in the face to all those who said that EX-AID was a bad show. In just 12 episodes we got a dark show and 2 major characters gone (Graphite and Kiriya).
Yep. They sure showed us who don't like Ex-Aid. Mind you, Toei managed to piss off loyal Kamen Rider fans in both Japan and the United States by killing off a fan favorite character after only a dozen episodes and it doesn't change the fact that the show continues to rush at a breakneck pace, with new upgrades coming virtually every episode, but, sure, keep telling yourself that this makes up for all the many flaws this show has.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Kurow wrote:I still hope for a fighting game representation in this show and to see something similar to a hadouken or shoryuken would be just awesome.
Gekitosu Robots IS Rock'em Sock'em Robots.

Spoiler
Also considering we got Pacman, we should be getting Tekken in the summer movie.
NOMarfo
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

Wow, they killed off the best character. Best episode yet, 5/5.
Seriously, even with the goofy Christmas stuff in the first half, and then the dramatic tone change to the second, I still enjoyed this episode a lot. In fact, I feel like I watched two episodes. Now there's something to think about: 11 minute rider episodes.
Okay, so with the conversation about Poppy being a bugster, I wonder if that's clever foreshadowing. Based on what Kiriya was telling Emu at the end, he definitely makes it sound like Emu is also a bugster, so I wonder if Poppy being revealed as one is a set-up for Emu later.

Thoughts involving the next episode preview.
Spoiler
I didn't read all of the comments because there was already 3 pages, but based on the preview I have something to speculate about Emu's next form. In his flashback he said he sometimes made up his own games, and the picture he was drawing resembles the form shown in the preview. So maybe he creates his level 10 form somehow? Kind of like how Ryoutarou created the Climax form.
Also, there were two riders, not one. So I see two possibilities. The first is that since we know Emu's personality changes when he transforms, that'll be represented here (like a reverse W). The second possibility is that we just had a main character die and pass his belt and Gashat on to Emu. I think I'd rather the first one as a whole, because it would make more sense, but I wouldn't complain too much about Kiriya getting a return, even in a stupid way like this.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Catastrophe wrote:The exposition on Poppy seemed random this episode. The fact that the guys nonchalantly respond to her being a Bugster having already figured out is shit because as far as I know, there was nothing in universe to suggest it that would let the audience figure it out.
When her game came out she actually TOLD THEM she was a character from that dance game. Or wait ... no that might have been on Poppy's room. Ok, yes, I think it was. So they did have to sort of say that on the actual TV show to establish it. And if she came out of the game she would have to be a bugster.

Overall I felt like this episode was so random. Wacky Christmas shit. Check. Musical number that gave me flashbacks to the Lazy Town x Break it Down Bitch video mashup, check. (SO VERY NSFW) Kill off another character with every cliche possible, check.

I don't think I can handle this show. It's just pissing me off not entertaining me.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:Average is up, but 10 less people vote. So does that mean 10 people who usually voted stopped watching?
No, it just means there were 10 less votes lol. I don't know how many episodes of anything I've watched and just didn't vote in the poll, it doesn't mean I didn't watch it.

I got worried we were going to have Christmas rammed in our faces after the Pipopao Jingle Bells, but luckily they ushered that out of the way and continued on with the show. Good episode, easily 5-stars despite the Christmas stuff...the best part of it seems to be the sh*tstorm Kiriya's death has caused on social media. My favorites so far have to be Toei's new "12/25/2016 - GAME OVER" shirt, and the kid who picked up his toy and is now on a quest to defeat Kamen Rider Genm. Better look out Dan :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Ok, so this i wasn't expecting, first off congrats i guess to Toei for pulling this stunt even tho i haven't seen the twitter backlash I can imagine how bad it was. Now honestly I did not enjoy the first half of the show, but that's probably because I am Scrooge when it comes to the holidays, however when we got into the 2nd half i really got invested mainly for the reveal of KR Zombie Genm, the fact he leaps through the darkness and the suit actor pulling off the movement style of the zombie.

But this does answer the question of how to counter the game over state, there is atleast one method to survive it. Also something i noticed on the re-watch (mainly for the Zombie henshin) Genm doesn't have a full Rider Gauge, which ofc makes sense he is 'dead' but it makes me wonder how they will defeat him in the future, even with the obvious main rider upgrade next episode
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Alessar wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:The exposition on Poppy seemed random this episode. The fact that the guys nonchalantly respond to her being a Bugster having already figured out is shit because as far as I know, there was nothing in universe to suggest it that would let the audience figure it out.
When her game came out she actually TOLD THEM she was a character from that dance game. Or wait ... no that might have been on Poppy's room. Ok, yes, I think it was. So they did have to sort of say that on the actual TV show to establish it. And if she came out of the game she would have to be a bugster.
I still remember in episode 2, Hiiro calls her "Poppy Pipapopo" and she replies going "Yessssss! Call me Asuna next time". So, I still can't work my thoughts on how it was a big secret. xP
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

takenoko wrote:>This episode is a big slap in the face to all those who said that EX-AID was a bad show. In just 12 episodes we got a dark show and 2 major characters gone (Graphite and Kiriya).

No? Having two twists is an instant fix for everything wrong with the show. Also, it's not a dark show and even if it were, it wouldn't instantly make it mature or more appealing towards adults as the meaning would imply. At best, people are excited because the super bad show kind of took some steps into not becoming a total shit hole.
and what was suppose to be wrong with the show? that it is rushed? it may look similar to others show but it is clearly it own thing.

People complain about the same every single year... the show is ok and you don't need to kill characters every single episode to make it dark... still better than Ghost and Gaim so far...
Final Vent!
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Kurow wrote:
takenoko wrote:>This episode is a big slap in the face to all those who said that EX-AID was a bad show. In just 12 episodes we got a dark show and 2 major characters gone (Graphite and Kiriya).

and what was suppose to be wrong with the show? that it is rushed? it may look similar to others show but it is clearly it own thing.

People complain about the same every single year... the show is ok and you don't need to kill characters every single episode to make it dark... still better than Ghost and Gaim so far...
I concur. Ghost kinda made people critic of Ex-Aid.
NOMarfo

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”