KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
61%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 38
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Damn shit got serious

Last week's poll rating: 3.91 / 5 (23 votes)

Average is up, but 10 less people vote. So does that mean 10 people who usually voted stopped watching?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The Goomba Stomps that Gemn did to Lazer every Next Episode Preview before this episode was a tell...

I like Dangerous Zombie. Reminds me of FangJoker.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I never noticed that before, that's good.

I have to admit I sorta liked this episode. The Poppy song was cute, and I liked that Kiriya's death meant the series might have some stakes.

Acting's still bad, and I still have to go "Why?!" at a lot of the directorial choices though. Again, there shift between comedic and dramatic tones are pretty bad. And while I said I liked Kiriya's death, it also worries me that it might come off as cheap or manipulative depending on where they go with this.

Don't threaten me with boredom, stupidity, or annoyance, Toei. The eject button is sitting right there and I can press it at any time. For now, episode gets a 4. It has some good points and some bad points, but it's better than your average Ex-Aid episode.

Edit: Oh yeah, zombie Genm is actually a pretty cool design. Good suit acting as well.
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

I like how Genm did some zombie dance after his henshin sequence. Ohh... His game area is full of zombies too! (Insert MJ's Thriller)
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Has there ever been a secondary rider killed this early in a series before? While I thought the actual death scene was good, it just felt hollow to me since we've only known him about nine episodes. Was the sole purpose of Kiriya's existence to be a plot device so we'd know Dan was up to something? If so, it does feel hollow, very hollow, like something you'd expect after twenty-five or thirty episodes.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

Merry Christmas. Your gift is DEATH.

Though I feel this death will be cheapen a bit as I feel like when Ex-aid uses the gamedriver to summon motorcycle and his personally/memory will still be there as part of the bike.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

redfarmer wrote:Has there ever been a secondary rider killed this early in a series before? While I thought the actual death scene was good, it just felt hollow to me since we've only known him about nine episodes. Was the sole purpose of Kiriya's existence to be a plot device so we'd know Dan was up to something? If so, it does feel hollow, very hollow, like something you'd expect after twenty-five or thirty episodes.
I can't recall any that weren't in the category of "enemy Riders". I don't feel it's cheap for the moment, since Kiriya was the most likable and developed of the Riders. Plus, it's weird to see that his thing with getting revenge for his friend goes unfulfilled. So either this is a great setup, or like life, sometimes things are just disappointing for no reason.

An even better setup for me would have been to kill off Rapmaster M, since it's be like crushing a stupid, adorable puppy to get your point across. I don't like the guy, but I'm sure we all agree that he probably doesn't deserve to die.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh boy. This pissed me off. Mostly because not only was Kiriya my favourite character, but was probably the only likeable character in the show. Was also the only one actually researching the Bugster has a whole rather than fighting pointlessly with the other riders. I guess this explains why Lazer wasn't pushed as heavily as the other riders in the early promo stuff. Kiriya kind of feels like a wasted character because he kind of had his arc, but it was done in so few episodes I don't really feel the payout from it.

It annoys me that this was tagged onto the tail end of the normal Christmas episode shit. The switch in tone was too jarring.

I feel like the pacing for this series is too fast. With the new upgrades every week and the shit that has happened over the last month, it feels more mid way through rather than episode 12.

The two things I do really like are the design of Zombie Gemn and the fact that the Buggle Visor gets repurposed as a Driver.

RIP Bikeman. Hopefully some of the other characters are now well written otherwise I'm not sure I'm going to like this show much. At least he went down fighting even though he was totally out matched.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

So Dan's body was wearing down due to overuse of Proto Mighty, so he decides to move on to Dangerous Zombie. Level 10.
Level 10, whatever shall our heroes do?!
Spoiler
Oh, hey look, Emu gets an upgrade... I bet it is as powerful or more than Zombie. Hopefully it causes some problems, like Drago Knight. Speaking of, looks like that Gashat is in the dust for now.

So, do we now know what all the data collection and planning was for? Kamen Rider Chronicle, the ultimate game. Doesn't exactly sound world ending, so we'll see.
I kind of wished that at the destruction of Salty, as the smoke still fill the air, you heard the Dangerous Zombie jingle and Dan zombie walks from the clearing smoke. Then again, that probably would have caused as many, or more, problems as the twitter backlash they got from Kiriya's death. It was a split episode, as the preview showed, and it worked. Mad evil for Dan to infect Kiriya, but also Kiriya should have maybe just went for Giri Giri. Then their fight scene could have had Dan force Kiriya to try to henshin with Dangerous Zombie.

Oh hey, Poppy is a Bugster... are we going to get a corruption episode? That'd be feelsy.
Also bet her song was fun to sub, congrats to you.

There's also this Saiba chick and wanting Taiga to take out M. Maybe that'll be fun?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The exposition on Poppy seemed random this episode. The fact that the guys nonchalantly respond to her being a Bugster having already figured out is shit because as far as I know, there was nothing in universe to suggest it that would let the audience figure it out.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ha,I forgot about that. I guess that's the danger of everything in the show being jokes, jokes, jokes.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I released a v2 because I made a mistake in the new belt name. I initially didn't like "Buggle" because it didn't mean a thing, while "Bugged" is an internet slang which is the past tense of "bug". But I didn't realize it's already written in English in the CM as "Buggle Driver". So I guessed I should just go with that.

It's very minor anyway. Just pretend you saw "Buggle Up" instead if you already watched it :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just to repeat what I said in chat, I don't think anyone uses bugged that way. "This system has bugs." I've never heard "that program is bugged". It's not a verb!

Anyway, I suggested Buguru since it's a silly Engrish term that turns bug into a Japanese verb. I think buggle looks too much like bugle.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

So.... This was interesting.

Take this off if it counts as spoilers, but did Emu create his own form?

Merry Christmas! I loved the first half of the episode. It was fun.

Poppy is a Bugster? That.... actually makes a lot of sense. Salty was from Mighty Action X, so that was hinted at.

Kamen Rider Chronicle? Is Kuroto going to backstab Palid?

And who this kid who wants Taiga to defeat Emu and why?

Now Zombie is a good rider suit, but I wish they went with more of a metallic colour than white. Eh, Nitpick.

So...Kiria is dead. That came out of leftfield. Props to the writers for having the balls to kill a rider off this early, and to Emu's actor(I don't know his name) for making the scene believable.

I need a 6 option for this one.

Also fun fact from the Wiki:

"The data that brought forth the creation of the Level X Gashats are both medically related, Death for Dangerous Zombie"

"Level X forms have Heterochromia, another medical condition"
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Also, NO FRONT PAGE POST!