KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
61%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 38
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Ex-Aid 12 released

Post by redfarmer »

Kurow wrote: People complain about the same every single year...the show is ok and you don't need to kill characters every single episode to make it dark...
No, but random, occasional deaths doesn't make a series dark. Hell, I can think of several Super Sentai series that had no deaths or none until towards the end of the series, and they were pretty dark. It's the tone, and having Poppy sing her little Christmas song in the very same episode Kiriya dies doesn't make for a very dark series. If you want a dark Kamen Rider series, look at Ryuki, Blade, or Kabuto.

And I don't know about you, but I don't complain about the same things every year. Fourze, Wizard, and Drive are three series that have very mixed reactions in Kamen Rider fandom, but I was not complaining about them in the beginning. In fact, I was quite enjoying their beginnings. If you enjoy Ex-Aid, good on you. The episode averages tend to say you're usually in the minority.
nanamarfo wrote:I concur. Ghost kinda made people critic of Ex-Aid.
I didn't watch Ghost so tell me what made me critical of the series again?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

redfarmer wrote:I didn't watch Ghost so tell me what made me critical of the series again?
Not having seen Ghost either, I shall repeat the things that I've heard.
>We skipped through 100 days in ~10 episodes, and are doing another 100 for the rest of the series? Wtf is with the pacing?
>This character's name means fart.
>All of these potentially good characters are useless, why not just write them off at this point?
>The plot makes no sense, why is anyone doing anything that they are?
>The main character failing once would be a good plot point and moment for character development, but it happened multiple times, taking away the drama of it!
>What is the main writer for this show even doing?
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I'm amazed no one is trying to speculate what Kirya found out about Genm, I mean come on complaints are all well and good but if all you do is complain you'll wear yourselves out
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

redfarmer wrote:I didn't watch Ghost so tell me what made me critical of the series again?
One of my biggest issues with it was quite similar to one of takenoko's about Ex-Aid: at random points, even in the middle of a dramatic scene, there'll occasionally be a sudden switch to comic relief that rarely makes much sense (worse yet, one protagonist and one antagonist who had both started as quite interesting characters had devolved into comic relief by the end). Even with that aside, near the end there weren't any moving, interesting characters; while I sometimes find Ex-Aid's cast unlikable, nearly all of Ghost's better characters had either left the show or stopped being interesting. Plus, the opening theme leaves us with "everyone only lives once" when the show's about a ghost.

I know there are several other reasons, but those are some of my main ones.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
KemonoSoldierSunstar
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
Favorite Band: Kishidan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Samurai Troopers
Quote: Go down to the... SUGAR SHACK... and get a bread... BUT NOT TOO BIG--

JonTron

Post by KemonoSoldierSunstar »

You know, it feels really disheartening that I seem to be the only person who's been enjoying Ex-Aid the whole way through...

But on topic for this, this episode caught me WAY off guard with that out of left field death of Lazer. I was really looking forward to more adventures with him after everyone realized how he wasn't lying all that time. And the worst part is that we know that the info he discovered and was going to give to Emu is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

I will say that I didn't expect Poppy to be a damn Bugster either, given their usual... demeanors.

Overall, while I HAVe enjoyed the whole show so far, I will say this one was my favorite to this point.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

redfarmer wrote:Has there ever been a secondary rider killed this early in a series before? While I thought the actual death scene was good, it just felt hollow to me since we've only known him about nine episodes. Was the sole purpose of Kiriya's existence to be a plot device so we'd know Dan was up to something? If so, it does feel hollow, very hollow, like something you'd expect after twenty-five or thirty episodes.
Kurokage from Gaim I guess?

Might Buggle be a pun on Buckle? (I know I'm not the first to say this but it's worth reiterating). Suggestion if so: Bug-ckle Up as the translation

Hiiro's dad is going way too much in sync w Poppy. It makes me think the two might be somewhat related (this actually started from Ep 11)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

KemonoSoldierSunstar wrote:You know, it feels really disheartening that I seem to be the only person who's been enjoying Ex-Aid the whole way through...

But on topic for this, this episode caught me WAY off guard with that out of left field death of Lazer. I was really looking forward to more adventures with him after everyone realized how he wasn't lying all that time. And the worst part is that we know that the info he discovered and was going to give to Emu is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
1. I have been enjoying it all the way through.
2. Yea, that was sad.
NOMarfo
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Jehal »

MagusKaiser wrote:I'm amazed no one is trying to speculate what Kirya found out about Genm, I mean come on complaints are all well and good but if all you do is complain you'll wear yourselves out
My guess is that Emu is a bugster, maybe even the first bugster. Dan wants to make the ultimate game, maybe Emu is supposed to be the main hero/villain?
Completed Series

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

As a former Resident Evil player, I think Dangerous Zombie could be a shoutout to the One Dangerous Zombie challenge from the remake of RE1, where another version of Zombie!Forest Spreyer equipped with explosives appears out of nowhere to hunt Jill/Chris down. Shoot Zombie!Spreyer with anything and kaboom, game over. Apparently, the only way to "defeat" this explosive, agile Zombie!Spreyer is to continue the game until you return to the mansion with the Hunters occupying it.

Dan may have something in mind if Dangerous Zombie fails when the Hunters come crawling (Our heroes getting upgrades)
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

It's strange, but I actually liked the episode. The first part was amusing while the latter part shocked me. I had no idea that they would kill off one of the main characters this early.
Spoiler
I don't think Hase died this early in Gaim

But it felt like it could have been two separate episodes. Especially considering the different tones those two halves had. It seems like Toei doesn't want to make another dark Christmas episode after Kabuto. But eh, good on them for trying to make this special, even if the tone were clashing a bit.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

takenoko wrote:Just to repeat what I said in chat, I don't think anyone uses bugged that way. "This system has bugs." I've never heard "that program is bugged". It's not a verb!
Seriously? Most people I know use the phrase that way - up to and including Computer Science professors at the college I went to. I've heard it so much in my life that it seems odd to phrase it any other way.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I'm pretty disappointed at how lame Shakariki Ex-Aid looks. I figured having the same colours would make him look solidly of a single theme, but it actually looked better on GENM. Truly heartbreaking.

That said, I'd like to see someone else use Chanbara to see what happens if you don't need literally all your limbs to come from a kawaii~~ little robot buddy.

So yeah, this mystery of the Dan clan. Masamune(?) is in prison, seemingly under false pretenses, while his son took over the company. So our scheming CEO friend, it's implied, must have framed his own father to get him out of the way and to gain control of GENM Inc. That's interesting, it's another dimension to Kuroto and says he's been playing this game for a long, long time. Whatever's going on with this guy, whose company developed the games from which Bugsters arise and then developed the tools to fight the Bugsters, it's the more interesting plot thread than Emu's potentially non-existant compatibility surgery.

Emu's just going to turn out to have his own antibodies to the Bugster virus, that's all. It would be dumb as shit if he turned out to be a Bugster himself; but, going to the stupid, nonsensical plot twists has been a neo-Heisei thing for a few years now, so he's actually going to turn out to be the source of Bugsters and will start absorbing them to power up.
Vashiev20
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: DekaYellow
Favorite Band: One ok rock
Quote: Dont touch my taco, Im gonna touch your taco
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Vashiev20 »

Honestly this episode was by far my favorite of the series so far. Up till now the series felt very rushed in terms of character introductions, form introductions, half-assed back stories for the sake of the episode. Personally i will be extremely glad when the Emu surgery thing is explained fully and were done with bringing it up with random info being dropped into it. (i have a thought on that that i will get to in a minute.) This episode did extremely well in my opinion, despite the "oh you've beaten all 10 already.....look heres more" thing, of finally making the stakes of this show real. Lazer is dead, and damn that scene was well acted. Some of the best ive seen so far. But this does leave several questions all together:

All 10 have been cleared.....so what now, whats KR Chronicle? (Also was it always supposed to be "any rider beats it and it counts...because if thats the case Dan/Genm only needed the other four for dragon knight....as he's a rider and him "clearing the game" should have given him the info needed....unless thats something to do with the medical side of it)

Is Lazer dead for good? I'll be rather sad however that goes to be truthful because A) he's dead for good, and we've lost one of the best defined characters so far or b) some convoluted way he comes back and the stakes of death are disregarded for the riders.

also im still kinda irritated that they didnt keep up the ruse of Dan not being Genm longer, that seems like it could have been very useful in the long run...also very curios as to what the other baddys purpose is as there has been nothing hes really done except play video games, swap with dan once, and stalk Emu....im betting hes a "video game clone" of Emu.

which brings me to my possible theory on Emu's surgery: 1) Dan somehow got "data" of Emu (through the surgery) and made a video game clone of Emu. 2) He is somehow the basis for creating the driver system all together somehow....that would explain why he didnt need the compatability surgery. im basing that on the fact that his surgery was WELL before the initial bugster incident

5 stars for me

(feel free to spoiler anything as im not sure if anything qualifies)
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Jehal »

Vashiev20 wrote:All 10 have been cleared.....so what now, whats KR Chronicle? (Also was it always supposed to be "any rider beats it and it counts...because if thats the case Dan/Genm only needed the other four for dragon knight....as he's a rider and him "clearing the game" should have given him the info needed....unless thats something to do with the medical side of it)
I think he needed test players besides himself. Any dev knows how they would play their game, the real question is how others would play it.
Vashiev20 wrote:Is Lazer dead for good? I'll be rather sad however that goes to be truthful because A) he's dead for good, and we've lost one of the best defined characters so far or b) some convoluted way he comes back and the stakes of death are disregarded for the riders.
I completely agree. I made an earlier post giving my speculation on this, just scroll up a little bit to find it.
Completed Series

miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by miryoku »

takenoko wrote: Average is up, but 10 less people vote. So does that mean 10 people who usually voted stopped watching?
Maybe they just watched the episode and that's it, i know i have done it because i get home from work and just watch the episode or various episodes at once.
Also sometimes these forums get overcritical or very nit-picky that thinks everything is wrong so yeah, that saps my enthusiasm and that's why i don't come here very often.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”