What's keeping you invested in Ex-Aid?

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

What's keeping you invested in Ex-Aid?

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

So basic question as above in the title. For those who are sticking around to keep watching Ex-Aid what's keeping you invested in the series up to this point despite the myriad of problems this series has ranging from characters to plot?

For me I'm sticking around with this series in the promise that much like Gaim there's going to be some major bombshells or some really dark moments or just something that will make me care about Emu like Kouta did for me
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: What's keeping you invested in Ex-Aid?

Post by takenoko »

I think every week about leaving this show behind, but I'm helping to qc it, so I guess I'll stick around for now. Plus, there's always hope that it'll get better.

But some of the core things about this show are pretty broken. Like the writing, directing, and acting are so subpar. I don't even understand how it's being released like this.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Sheer dogged completionism. That and I'm trying to stay on top of QCing it weekly. Of all the Heisei Riders I think I've only missed 2.75 of them, and I plan to go back to watch 'em eventually.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm hoping that after the initial batch of toys are pushed the pacing will sort itself out.

At least the characters and riders seem more interesting than Ghost, so I'm optimistic.
Millsy
Favorite series: Zero-One | Donbrothers | Dyna | Makai Senki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O | Lupinranger VS Patranger | Decker | Gold Storm
Alignment: Neutral
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by Millsy »

The fact that it isn't Ghost.

so for me it's good by default
watch ultraman ginga it's actually a really fantastic show
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I find the characters interest me to keep me around, unlike Ghost where the characters, mainly Takeru and Makoto, almost make me want to leave but Alain and Akari help keep me around that, through force of will
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

Dropped Ghost after 1 ep but may go back to it. First Rider I dropped. That cheap looking ghost prop just looked too childish. Ex-Aid is looking like it is the same. But I stayed because:

1. I miss multi-rider; haven't had one of those in a while.

2. Gaim and Fourze showed me that they can turn things around. In a way Ex-Aid reminds me of them with its shitty childish start with ugly as hell suit designs. (gotta say Ex-Aid out-ugly all previous designs though.) I am really hoping they pull a Gaim here and pull me in later.
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

I think I'm finding myself enjoying the series more than I thought I would. I'm still not a fan of the super deformed Lvl 1 forms but I understand the purpose of it. The main thing I find myself sticking around for is what our late friend Lazar wanted to know: the mystery of the Bugsters.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

Mostly the mystery.

What is Parad ultimate goal?

Kamen Rider Chronicle?

Bugsters?

Who else might die? Cause they show us that they can kill them off.
sc_rangerdanger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by sc_rangerdanger »

Well considering this is actually my first Kamen Rider serious I've watched( I know I know lol)

based on that, any good suggestions on ones to watch and/or stay away from?
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

sc_rangerdanger wrote:Well considering this is actually my first Kamen Rider serious I've watched( I know I know lol)

While I haven't come close to seeing all of these, here's my basic rundown:

The often-overlooked Showa era (1971-1989) can be pretty campy, but it's generally darker than most of the newer ones, and they're very continuity based. The first phase of the Heisei Era (2000-2008) have usually darker shows, and while several of the later ones have comedy, they generally portray more realistic battles/characters. The series in the second phase (2009-present) have more evident themes than their predecessors (based on rockets, ghosts, video games, etc) and are usually more lighthearted and comedic, although several of them turn more dramatic as the show progresses.

As for individual series, here's a list of polls for each show along with its rating (although, best be warned, the polls for individual series will quite likely have spoilers in the comments): viewtopic.php?f=221&t=16926
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
sc_rangerdanger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by sc_rangerdanger »

Mxylv wrote:
sc_rangerdanger wrote:Well considering this is actually my first Kamen Rider serious I've watched( I know I know lol)

While I haven't come close to seeing all of these, here's my basic rundown:

The often-overlooked Showa era (1971-1989) can be pretty campy, but it's generally darker than most of the newer ones, and they're very continuity based. The first phase of the Heisei Era (2000-2008) have usually darker shows, and while several of the later ones have comedy, they generally portray more realistic battles/characters. The series in the second phase (2009-present) have more evident themes than their predecessors (based on rockets, ghosts, video games, etc) and are usually more lighthearted and comedic, although several of them turn more dramatic as the show progresses.

As for individual series, here's a list of polls for each show along with its rating (although, best be warned, the polls for individual series will quite likely have spoilers in the comments): viewtopic.php?f=221&t=16926

Wow! thanks for the response... I will give these a look and decide. Appreciate the help.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Mostly for multi-riders and gaming theme otherwise I am not too sure definitely not for doctor drama i was going to skip this because of doctor drama actually but thank god it is not that heavy on it so I can bear with it at the moment. Over all this reminds me gaim
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm just easily amused. I barely notice any of the complaints other people have about pretty much any show.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Honestly, the game theme and characters. I see a lot of good build-up for the story in Kamen Rider Chronicle. Also, this is not Ghost, so we only can go uphill from here.
NOMarfo

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”