KR Ex-Aid 13 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:22 am

☆☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 31
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: KR Ex-Aid 13 released

Post by Mxylv »

I actually quite liked this episode. While I think it repeated the flashback too often for it to carry much weight, this felt like a genuine, consistent Kamen Rider episode. I didn't notice any radical shift in the storytelling/tone halfway through, and there wasn't even a given moment where I asked myself why I was bothering to watch the show; overall, it was pretty solid drama throughout the whole thing. The girl who appeared with Taiga seemed to disappear from the story rather mysteriously; it'll be interesting to see what her role in the story will be. I actually found Emu likable in this episode; he was believably shaken up, but he wasn't downright traumatized--I think this is a good thing, since he would quite likely end up getting over all the trauma rather suddenly by the end of two episodes. I think the safer route to go is a smaller trauma, but a slower recovery, so I'm glad they played it that way. Overall, I'll give it 5 stars--not because it's perfect, but because I could essentially enjoy the whole episode.

Despite the episode, though, I'm having a bit of trouble with the overall series' Level Up system, primarily because of the predictability it brings; in several battles, I can tell who's going to win by knowing what level they're at. While similar things could be said for other series, I think Ex-Aid in particular suffers from putting equipment in front of skill or tactics (there's no way Dragon Form could beat Dangerous Zombie form because Emu's 5 levels below Dan). I'm also wondering if there's going to be an episode that doesn't introduce a new rider or form; so far, we've only had one episode (11) be purely story-based without a new form.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I think they should have tone down on the flashback to Kiriya's death, unless they want to remind the audience that yes we killed Kiriya, but I love the episode,
Spoiler
especially at the end with Genm going impossible, everyone else shocked by Mighty Bros XX and the MOTW bugster going the fuck is going on too
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

So if it wasn't clear before that Emu is/has a bugster in him, I think this pretty much confirms it. Taiga's reaction face is the best; his eyes actually look like they are popping out of his head. Great episode, my only complaint is about Hiiro telling Emu to focus on the bugster, when he kept going after Graphite. I really can't tell if it's character development or if he's just being a hypocrite.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

I think my favorite part was at the end with everyone having the "WTF" face and we just see the monster just peak his head from the side of the tree like he saying "I'm still here by the way."

I have to give props to the Zomibe Suit actor. He really did a great job getting back up from attacks like...a zombie.

Speaking of Zombie Gemn: How can they defeat him if he always at 0 health? If I was a writer and wanted to add some drama/choice. I would like them to find a 1-time use "extra life" power up from the games and have the choice be: Use it to defeat Gemn (Like how Phoenix Down destroys Zombies in Final Fantasy) or use it to bring back Kiriya?
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

I did not quite like this episode. Before, in a battle, Emu directly attacks the Bugster affecting the Patient-Of-The-Day while Hiiro gets distracted with either Graphite or Kamen Rider Genm. Now it's the other way around?? o_O
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

The one glaring detail for me is that keypad in place of the XABY layout of the Super Famicom controller.

Someone really wanted to bring back phone pad gaming / Atari controller phone pad into the light...

Oh and more Asuna/Poppy blatant comedic expression ignores by the characters. Going back to the previous episode with the kid completely being disinterested in singing and dancing with Poppy is a hammer to possibly US viewers that Toei realizes that mismatched forced comedic reactions is forced, and I am seeing such a tonal down than what it was before.

Something that Den-O greatly influenced in the wrong direction that Kamen Rider series after is still recovering from that.

I would place a bet that with the whole form change thing and power up thing, this will no doubt last for five episodes before a Ex-Aid version of "Magnet States" power-up comes in.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Renigami wrote:The one glaring detail for me is that keypad in place of the XABY layout of the Super Famicom controller.

Someone really wanted to bring back phone pad gaming / Atari controller phone pad into the light...

I would place a bet that with the whole form change thing and power up thing, this will no doubt last for five episodes before a Ex-Aid version of "Magnet States" power-up comes in.
Only time will tell.
Last edited by nanamarfo on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOMarfo
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

The zombie form reminds me of Final fantasy (i think it was 5) zombie form, where the players hp went 0 and they became inmune to damage.

I think it was a good episode, it finally adressed issues that should have been present from some weeks ago.

and finally the talk about the life being compared to videogames kinda made me think in this, that if you gotta compare life to a videogame, it is like those game&watch games, you know, those where you kept playing until you ran out of lives. just like in life, there is no clearing the game, no continues, it is just trying to do your best and having a good time.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

eijiman wrote:I think it was a good episode, it finally adressed issues that should have been present from some weeks ago.
Indeed! Plus, it dropped a few new plot lines to keep from having a stagnant period. With Kiriya's death and Genm's Zombie form showing up in the same episode, we were seriously running up on the possibility of a KR Ghost Episode 15 event where we got jack-nothing for the rest of the season. There were enough things in this episode for them to play with for a while, and I'm looking forward to all of it.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

mholden020 wrote:
eijiman wrote:I think it was a good episode, it finally adressed issues that should have been present from some weeks ago.
Indeed! Plus, it dropped a few new plot lines to keep from having a stagnant period. With Kiriya's death and Genm's Zombie form showing up in the same episode, we were seriously running up on the possibility of a KR Ghost Episode 15 event where we got jack-nothing for the rest of the season. There were enough things in this episode for them to play with for a while, and I'm looking forward to all of it.
The only thing we have to worry about with it being like Ghost (and I say this liking Ghost)'s Takahashi disappearing for a while like Fukuda did during eps. 28-38*. I doubt that'll happen though, Takahashi seems more hands-on to the show than Fukuda did.
*I know he wrote the summer film and those promo shorts but I still can't imagine those taking 10 weeks to write. *talks to the air*
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

any news on who's picking up the poppy room? I have no idea what they're talking about without the subs. :?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

We had someone try it out, but it was too much for him. Sorry! Maybe we should just include the raws with our subs.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This was another good episode, and the end was genuinely funny with the reactions of everybody.
I hope Ex-Aid stays this consistently good. :D
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Very good episode... I just don't understand the hate for this shows.. it just gets better by each episode.

Parado is a very interesting character and in some way I think that he is related to Emu. Looks like Dan is developing a gashat for him so my theory that he would eventually going to be a rider may come true. The question now is that is he going to use Kiriya's belt or he will use something similar to what is Dan using right now.

The brothers remind me to Double Dragon more than anything else. I'm not sure that is the reference is probably the Neo Geo Game of Double Dragon which was a really broken fighting game and on that game Billy dragon was sky blue and Jimmy was orange :P.

Double Dragon (Neo Geo/Arcade) Playthrough as Billy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCXuzqlCyCQ
Final Vent!
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Finally, an episode that actually feels like the Doctor Drama they advertised it to be! Seeing the Doctor get faced with the idea that "You can not save everyone" is always a great trend in Doctor shows. Emu feels realistic, and I really like how Hiiro is his Surgeon teacher because Hiiro was generally the most realistic character of the show, saying how emotions should not get into the way of the patient at hand.

Really like Kamen Rider GENM's Dangerous Zombie. The way the Rider stands back up after falling down is so freaky and very well done. Finally, we get quite an exposition in why Emu is seemingly able to transform. Seems he might have the Bugster inside him. Wonder if the game he was given as a kid was a huge part in this?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”