KR Ex-Aid 14 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:03 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
78%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 23
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Ex-Aid 14 released

Post by redfarmer »

I've been hesitant as I've been critical of Ex-Aid to this point, but I think, between this and the last episode, it's beginning to get better. It's still not a great series but it's at least making me want to tune in. That said, the subplot about cancer was horrible; as others have said, it was ethically questionable and scientifically unsound. If cancer was that easy to cure, it wouldn't be as serious a condition as it is.

I also feel it's a mistake to let Emu use Lazer's gashats like power-ups. Not only is it pouring salt in the wound of those still pissed of about Kiriya's death, but it begs the question why it doesn't change Emu into a motorcycle if it did that to Kiriya.

I can't believe that Dan or even Parad is the primary villain. They keep giving Dan power-ups for the sole purpose of giving Emu power-ups to defeat him. It's getting old and predictable.
8lackz wrote:The decision to translate said Im Gamer M and Im Emu... Feels like you give me a spoiler about two different personalities.

i mean if it both are writen normal Emu, it might give a big "woaah" as learning and awesome moment later.
making the viewer learn with Taiga Deduction.
It's that way it is in the Japanese. If the Japanese would naturally realize it by what's there in front of them, then it's not a spoiler. You can't create plot twists by not translating random stuff.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

redfarmer wrote:I've been hesitant as I've been critical of Ex-Aid to this point, but I think, between this and the last episode, it's beginning to get better. It's still not a great series but it's at least making me want to tune in. That said, the subplot about cancer was horrible; as others have said, it was ethically questionable and scientifically unsound. If cancer was that easy to cure, it wouldn't be as serious a condition as it is.

I also feel it's a mistake to let Emu use Lazer's gashats like power-ups. Not only is it pouring salt in the wound of those still pissed of about Kiriya's death, but it begs the question why it doesn't change Emu into a motorcycle if it did that to Kiriya.

I can't believe that Dan or even Parad is the primary villain. They keep giving Dan power-ups for the sole purpose of giving Emu power-ups to defeat him. It's getting old and predictable.
8lackz wrote:The decision to translate said Im Gamer M and Im Emu... Feels like you give me a spoiler about two different personalities.

i mean if it both are writen normal Emu, it might give a big "woaah" as learning and awesome moment later.
making the viewer learn with Taiga Deduction.
It's that way it is in the Japanese. If the Japanese would naturally realize it by what's there in front of them, then it's not a spoiler. You can't create plot twists by not translating random stuff.
My guess is Emu is patient zero of game syndrome and his bugster is special in a different way than pippipipipopop whatever her name is and from paradox. Probably M will be the last boss more like in a way of drive ending duel type: Emu vs M. for the reading of Emu and M being same there is slight different Emu reads the u at the end while M just reads like Em silencing the u in japanese some words ending with u can be altered this way mostly ones that ends with ku or su reads as k or s i might be influenced by subtitle but when they were speaking i felt they were talking this way too M saying em and Emu saying emu.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

Draccy wrote:Anyway, good episode. 4 stars.
My only gripe was going from bickering about who was who, and what enemy should take focus to expert co-op fighting at the end was a bit meh.
No internal struggle? No M is the first to detransform and somehow becomes the dominant personality? Hmm.
Well, Bugster Virus +. Now is this due to the gashat, or is that the extra personality?

Man, eyeless bike stung a little.
I feel like after that scene Emu started acting more confident, which may have been something (or nothing).
Dengar wrote:Well, this episode comes just short of confirming the hypothesis that "Genius Gamer M" is a Bugster.
Just comes short? It literally confirmed it.
redfarmer wrote:I also feel it's a mistake to let Emu use Lazer's gashats like power-ups. Not only is it pouring salt in the wound of those still pissed of about Kiriya's death, but it begs the question why it doesn't change Emu into a motorcycle if it did that to Kiriya.
It was already established that Gashats can be used for what they provide without using them to transform. Taiga did this with Gekitotsu Robots back in the one episode he stole it for. Emu didn't use Bakusou Bike to transform, he activated the Critical Strike, which summoned the bike for use. In-Universe, I'd say this was probably it's intended purpose, as even when you transform you can't drive yourself. Kiriya blackmailed Genm to become a rider, so he got an effectively unusable Gashat.
redfarmer wrote:I can't believe that Dan or even Parad is the primary villain. They keep giving Dan power-ups for the sole purpose of giving Emu power-ups to defeat him. It's getting old and predictable.
You gave me the perfect excuse to bring up Gekiranger, which I recently watched. Gekiranger effectively does this, but it's super well done. Both sides push each other to get stronger throughout the entire series, and it's always well-written into the plot. Ex-Aid really does a poor job of making the upgrades feel important.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

DaVinci030 wrote:
MagusKaiser wrote:random question though are you guys gonna sub and release excites music video?
If the official lyrics are out, then we're working on it.
makes sense, although I guess my idea that emu might have a natural resistance to the bugster virus was way off since he tested positive
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:It's also bad drama as well. "Have a fatal condition? All you need is magic surgery or a man who's magical." Not only was there no tension about whether or not Hiiro would be successful, it was so clinical and full of medical terms that I got bored and zoned out since I couldn't follow what he was doing. We're in a hospital. I want the blood. You've given me a taste of Kiriya's blood. I just want more. More!!
It's still a superhero show in the end. Temper your expectations. Japan may be okay with showing blood, but that amounts to small cuts and such. They aren't going to show you a guy sliced open for surgery.:o
Mxylv wrote:In terms of literal blood, I'm not sure how much would be allowed in a kids' show. In terms of death, though, I think this is the first time we've actually seen Hiiro (or any of the other riders) actually perform a real surgery. As much as the show's lacking in realism, it may seem rather off to lose a patient for the first time that we see such a surgery.
I downloaded a few OOO episodes recently, and specifically in episode 24 there was a scene where the secret base was collapsing. One of the sisters wound up with a large shard of metal in her side. Zoomed right in on it as Akira "The Fighting Doctor" Date assessed the wound. Quite a lot of blood there. So at one point, they could show something that bad. So... yea, in a series dealing with doctors and they can't go a little further?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Draccy wrote:
ViRGE wrote:It's still a superhero show in the end. Temper your expectations. Japan may be okay with showing blood, but that amounts to small cuts and such. They aren't going to show you a guy sliced open for surgery.:o
Mxylv wrote:In terms of literal blood, I'm not sure how much would be allowed in a kids' show. In terms of death, though, I think this is the first time we've actually seen Hiiro (or any of the other riders) actually perform a real surgery. As much as the show's lacking in realism, it may seem rather off to lose a patient for the first time that we see such a surgery.
I downloaded a few OOO episodes recently, and specifically in episode 24 there was a scene where the secret base was collapsing. One of the sisters wound up with a large shard of metal in her side. Zoomed right in on it as Akira "The Fighting Doctor" Date assessed the wound. Quite a lot of blood there. So at one point, they could show something that bad. So... yea, in a series dealing with doctors and they can't go a little further?
Because medical terminalogy would be boring for kids but an accident or fight is not especially for japanese so this show won't get to the level 'doctor drama' people are expecting from it. there is also problem being this is a kid show and 'house wive moms with nothing better to do' usually bicker about censorship combat damage is alright since it gives the message of 'be careful or you will be hurt' operational one is not.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Greenstalker wrote:Because medical terminalogy would be boring for kids but an accident or fight is not especially for japanese so this show won't get to the level 'doctor drama' people are expecting from it. there is also problem being this is a kid show and 'house wive moms with nothing better to do' usually bicker about censorship combat damage is alright since it gives the message of 'be careful or you will be hurt' operational one is not.
Nah dude the housewives' shows are on at 2. And tbh, most Japanese are of the mindset "oh I don't like it I'll turn it off" so you don't get that Million Mom's bullshit.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Loved this episode (Especially the end fight) but what the hell does Nico want? Been 3 weeks and she seems useless.
NOMarfo
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Is it just me or is cyan Emu taller than orange M? Just like in Super Mario??
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm still wondering who the suit actors are. Which one is Seiji and who's the other one?

Edit: Okay, just looked it up. According to the Japanese wiki which cites Uchuusen, Takaiwa plays XX R while Watanabe Jun plays XX L. Right and left? Guessing that's viewer perspective?

Takaiwa is 175 cm while Watanabe is 176 cm.

TLDR:
Right/Cyan is Emu (boku) played by Takaiwa Seiji
Left/Orange is M (ore) played by Watanabe Jun
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

takenoko wrote:I'm still wondering who the suit actors are. Which one is Seiji and who's the other one?

Edit: Okay, just looked it up. According to the Japanese wiki which cites Uchuusen, Takaiwa plays XX R while Watanabe Jun plays XX L. Right and left? Guessing that's viewer perspective?

Takaiwa is 175 cm while Watanabe is 176 cm.

TLDR:
Right/Cyan is Emu (boku) played by Takaiwa Seiji
Left/Orange is M (ore) played by Watanabe Jun
Made a response to when you asked in the episode 13 thread, but I enjoy the extra info about their height, haha.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just thought of a dumb mnemonic for remember which is which. Ore is (Ore)enji. While (B)oku is (B)lue.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote:Just thought of a dumb mnemonic for remember which is which. Ore is (Ore)enji. While (B)oku is (B)lue.
that might be how they colored them as well so kids can use those same mnemonics.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

So, is there still debating of having Parad's rider name as Paradox or Para-DX? Cause we have seen the rider names on computer screens in the series a lot and if his will be on in with his name as Para-DX as well as if there is going to a a special for him like the others later on and his title logo will have as Kamen Rider Para-DX, what will you do?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Para-deluxe?

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ex-aid/rider/para-dx_top/
Oh I see. Honestly, if I were the translator, this seems like the kind of minor thing I'd just roll with. But I think we're going with Paradox, which works just as well. If it appears on text in English in the show (which tends to be unlikely) we'll just ignore it since it's mostly inconsequential.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”