KR Ex-Aid 16 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 19
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Ex-Aid 16 released

Post by redfarmer »

If Taiga and Nico end up being another Daisuke and Gon from Kabuto, I'm all for it. I guess we shall see.

But, yeah. This is continuing the trend of better episodes, though the writing is still so weak. Parad wanting to fight Emu just came out of nowhere. Would have been nice if they'd taken some time out in early episodes to establish them as rivals. That's the bad thing about this series: it just throws things at you out of nowhere and expects you to just accept them. That seems to be a theme in toku this year, one that I hope doesn't continue as I'm really hoping that Kyuuranger reverses this trend.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I think this episode wasn't quite at the level of the last few (pun not intended). It looks like TOEI have more or less tossed the impact of Kiriya's death aside, and I'm having quite a hard time finding Poppy funny. The issue of separating the Bugster from Emu without telling him is interesting, but it feels like the writers had to actively look for it as a means to have Hiiro and Taiga to attack Emu. That said, one highlight for me was Hiiro trying to explain what was wrong to Emu and instead coming up with a completely fake explanation; I like it not because of Hiiro's decision, but because Emu actually thinks Hiiro's that bugged at him for something that trivial. Hopefully the show will get more into this, but it's more likely that the real reason will show itself.

Nico had a lot of potential early on, so part of me wants to cut her appearance in this episode from continuity. Despite her earlier ambiguity, they seemed to have destroyed her as a solid character by having her entire motivation for hating Emu be that she's a sore loser. I suppose I could understand if the loss ruined her career or if Emu acted really mean to her afterward, but they've really reduced her to kind of a spoiled kid. I suppose the decorations back in CR should have tipped me off that her reason wasn't very serious, but I had some pretty high hopes for her that got thrown out the window this episode.

Preview:
Spoiler
Hamburgers. I think I'll continue to watch the show, but as another member said, it's starting to feel like a chore.

ViRGE wrote:Boy, usually when the main rider gets a new form, he gets a few episodes to kick ass. But Ex-Aid is having none of that; Mighty Bros XX got one curbstomp episode, and now we've established that the more powerful Paradox has nothing better to do than beat on Ex-Aid. Meanwhile poor Snipe and Brave are badly outclassed. If this show is going to have this rigid power hierarchy, then Snipe and Brave need power-ups.

And poor Dan. His trump card of a zombie game isn't working out so well; he can't die, but he can't beat Ex-Aid, and his partner who can beat Ex-Aid takes directions about as well as a cat. Paradox being level 50 really throws off the balance for all sides.
That's actually one of my biggest issues with Ex-Aid: so far, we've hardly had a single episode that doesn't have a rider in a new form (11 didn't introduce any new forms, and while this one technically didn't either, it did have Taiga L5, which could still count as a new form), and they level up too often to care. Paradox's intro last episode was presumably supposed to startle and unnerve me by how thoroughly he beat the others, but I didn't feel anything because we've already had that with Genm L10, and with Genm L3. Sadly, I think it'll only be a matter of time until Ex-Aid gets to Level 100.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't even remember Taiga getting the Monster Hunter Gashat. Why is he able to use it with no problems by himself?
Mxylv
Humongous
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

He got it around 16:45, but it didn't help against Genm.

Come to think of it, I'm also not sure why L5 was designed for four players while L10 seems to be for two.
Watching:

Watched:
Donbrothers
When in doubt,
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

takenoko wrote:I don't even remember Taiga getting the Monster Hunter Gashat. Why is he able to use it with no problems by himself?
I'm wondering that as well. Could it be because of the Bugster within him that causes him to have trouble with it?
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

This is just my theory about Paradox, Poppy and M/Emu. First neither Hiro nor Emu made any comment about Poppy being a bugster they were just 'We already know it' now from what we see so far to become like that Poppy should kill a human but she was like i am a good busgter than I remember something It is called Bugster virus during show. What is these Bugsters are like bacteria there are good and bad bacteria's and what if their form are already set in place? It could explain how paradox and Poppy retain their humanoid forms because they are human look like bugsters and probably good bacteria's which means they are not harmful to body. M/Emu's bugster is probably same but instead of walking around on its own it resides in Emu's body and enhancing him one way or other high level stress however might be turning good bugster to bad bugster which some drugs or medicines can do to actual bacterias. In other words they are not virus but bacteria.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Why is he able to use it with no problems by himself?
Emu's issue seemed to be that he's an emotional basket-case, which made it hard to use that gashat. Taiga has his head on straight, even if he is a dick.
Mxylv wrote:Come to think of it, I'm also not sure why L5 was designed for four players while L10 seems to be for two.
I don't expect a practical, in-universe explanation. Production-wise, it's clearly a homage to Monster Hunter, hence it needed to be for 4 players.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Also, Taiga Dragon Hunter's back is different from when Ex Aid used it. The head of level 1 is now covered by the backside of the dragon.

Nico is h-o-rrible. Stop shouting!!! >:(

The concept of a Bugster defending Ex Aid is interesting but the story around it just falls flat.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

It's not so much Level 5 that's meant for 4 players, it's Drago Hunter Z that was meant for 4 players.

Also why did I not catch the Monster Hunter reference.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Mxylv wrote:
Come to think of it, I'm also not sure why L5 was designed for four players while L10 seems to be for two.
Emu designed the game himself, so Dan was unaware.
NOMarfo
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Another good episode. Nico's reason was honestly pretty vain, even Asuna reacted flabbergasted that she had such a simple reason to hate Emu.
But I don't hate Nico as she's working really well with Taiga (and may provide a morality pet for him (not that he would ever admit it, being a dick and all)).

Spoiler
Looks like next episode will be the good monster who will tragically die episode.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Mxylv
Humongous

Post by Mxylv »

Philip Aldraine wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't even remember Taiga getting the Monster Hunter Gashat. Why is he able to use it with no problems by himself?
I'm wondering that as well. Could it be because of the Bugster within him that causes him to have trouble with it?
I'm not sure it would cause problems for Emu, since the Bugster seems to be what enabled him to survive using the double gashat.
Watching:

Watched:
Donbrothers
When in doubt,
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:
Spoiler
Looks like next episode will be the good monster who will tragically die episode.
That didn't happen in Ghost though,
Spoiler
somewhat.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”