KR Ex-Aid 17 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆
14%
☆☆
11%
4%

Total votes: 28
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Re: KR Ex-Aid 17 released

Post by fenrir »

in reference to Gaim, it seems that Dan & Parado relationship gonna starts turns out into Micchy-Redyue Relationship. both kinda dislike each other and trying to use each other, and the non human chara losing respect of the human chara more and more each day.

i give the episode 3/5. action was fun. drama is ok. and ya kinda give Dan a character moment by make him such a jerk.

positive = i DO REALLY LIKE Taiga & NIco weird and funny relationship now. IT REALLY WORKS!!! hehehe :D
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Average episode I guess. They've done the 'not all the monsters are bad' plot way better than this before. The tone is similar to the Christmas episode where it is stupid and full of gags and then gets dark quick.

I'm not really sure what the point of having the LV4 gashats is considering they were obsolete like 7 episodes ago. Gotta make that cash I guess and I've heard that the sales for this series is good so far.

I don't get the bit at the end with Pallad-OX being angsty with Dan about killing the Bugster. I mean, it would make sense, if he hadn't done it himself last week.

Did like the insert song though. And it wasn't rider girls!
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

Did my ears deceive me or did i hear an Access song playing during the final fight? Can anyone confirm?

I liked the episode, and i was mildly surprised that they used the Juju burger Gashat in the series, i thought it was gonna be a movie extra, so yeah, awesome. :D
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

I'm really intrigued as to how this series will progress. I mean damn Dan is savage. He only cares about him making the games and doesn't care that the Bugsters are part of it. I have a feeling that there will be tension between Parado and Dan.

Level 4 Ex-Aid on skates?! That's an interesting twist. I applaud the suit actor for that.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Perhaps the best part of the episode is the reveal that the Riders can now skip straight to L2. That said, despite my expectations the episode ended up pretty well. Burgemon confronting the fact that he's meant to be a villain and his subsequent attempts to be one are both very well done, especially given the comedy the episode started with.

Perhaps the most disturbing part to me was the sequence with Burgemon's death, especially since is gives several potential implications concerning Bugstars and artificial intelligence (Does the Burgster have free will? Could it have a soul? If so, can humans create souls? To what extent has buggy video game AI exceeded government-class AI? Do Burgsters dream of electric burgers?).

Anyway, if anyone wanted a gif of a cannabal hamburger, here it is:
Spoiler
Oh look, more moral implications.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I have no idea what to rate this one. The Tsukura and Burgermon thing was almost like watching Yakumo with his Lawnmower again...just awful. Remove those two and it was a pretty good episode though. Dan's becoming the EA Games of Ex-aid though: "Without my approval, no games shall be created!!"

Is Paradox the first rider to not have a driver belt at all? I only just noticed in this episode that his Gashat starts the henshin sequence and then he just puts it in a holster. I tried but couldn't think of another Heisei Rider that didn't have a belt or some strange thing, like Necrom.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, that's weird about Paradox. I mean, TheBee was a bracelet transformer, and Sasword had his sword?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

mholden020 wrote:Is Paradox the first rider to not have a driver belt at all? I only just noticed in this episode that his Gashat starts the henshin sequence and then he just puts it in a holster. I tried but couldn't think of another Heisei Rider that didn't have a belt or some strange thing, like Necrom.
Delta talked into his phone thing and put it in a side-holster, if you mean like that.
Mxylv wrote:Perhaps the best part of the episode is the reveal that the Riders can now skip straight to L2.
Eh, I think most saw that coming. Toei keeping up the L1 suits for the whole show would've been more surprising.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

If it had just been the Burgermon plot, it could have been a better than average good monster episode. The stuff with Dan and Parado showing up at the end felt tacked on, just another excuse for them to lawnmower over everyone, and it really served no purpose unless it's foreshadowing a rift between the two. So, the usual for Ex-Aid: ideas that could have been good are run over by gratuitous action for action's sake.

Do you expect me to believe Emu went back to the CR and still didn't bring Mighty Brothers X with him?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Gills looked more like a 'monster shift' than a henshin, if you know what I mean. The belt doesn't even really do anything.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Is it just me or does Burgermon seem like a scrapped Ghost monster, that was moved to Ex-Aid instead?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote:Oh yeah, that's weird about Paradox. I mean, TheBee was a bracelet transformer, and Sasword had his sword?
I guess they are going with the plug in and play game theme. But it kind of looks weird him just standing there holding the Gashat and not doing anything.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Honestly, I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would.

Dan is becoming an excellent villain. I can understand why people don't like him, but the villains who are willing to be dicks make the best villains for me.

The question of morality was handled very well.

JuJu Burgers looks cool, but the Ketchup and Mustard guns bug me. Ah, damn it pun not intended.

On the subject of Kamen Rider Games, where the hell is the big AAA game? Are they waiting for the Switch to come out?

Probably the best of these since Drive.

Spoiler
How will he come back to life next week?
NOMarfo
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, actually i think i understand why the change from comedy to serious in this case, it's for making the people to like Burgermon, you see him as a funny guy who only wants to live happily, all his appareances are comedy and love related, and then boom, he gets murdered. BTW, Asuna's facial expression was great, she should have remained silent or say something better than her "Hidoi" or at least in a different tone, she sounded like she was telling a kid to not be mischievous, not a reaction to a friend (even if they just met) getting kiled.

Draccy wrote: Feels like Parado is still amazed at how terrifying Dan can be, yeesh.
Actually I think that he is beggining to dislike him, since Parado knows that if Dan pisses him off he could kill him easily, I doubt he would see him as terrifying.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Gallus Faberge wrote:Did my ears deceive me or did i hear an Access song playing during the final fight? Can anyone confirm?

I liked the episode, and i was mildly surprised that they used the Juju burger Gashat in the series, i thought it was gonna be a movie extra, so yeah, awesome. :D
"“Wish in the dark” is sung by Hiroyuki Takami of the group Access/AXS, the lyrics were written by Moritsuki Cass and Mio Aoyama, Takehito Shimizu serves as the song’s composer, and the song was arranged by Toru Watanabe."
NOMarfo

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”