KR Ex-Aid 20 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Ex-Aid 20 released

Post by takenoko »

redfarmer wrote:you don't need to bring it up every single episode as if your audience has the attention span of a sugar-crazed ADHD toddler.
/me pauses eating his sugar frosted bomb bombs, before proceeding to shovel them in his mouth and drinking the sugar milk
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I really like Snipe lv. 50 I love the hat, reminds me of the Colonel from Megaman. Also I like the battleship motif but the implementation was lacking, I think they should have gone with more noisy shooting, snipe being pushed back and stuff like that to make it look more destructive but I guess that is more an american way (Like in the Kuratas vs Megabot thing). Also, If im not mistaken they said: "Let's battleship" or something like that, I hope this guys hire a competent translator to avoid this type of mistakes.

The theme being played at the end sounds really cool, but i think they should save it for more dramatic situations. Anyway It reminds me of Amazons, which might be good.

Speaking of themes, What are the posibilities of having a torrent pack with all the music videos? To make it easier to get them, without having to DL a large pack of episodes and movies sometimes.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I swear, someone from Toei is lurking on these boards.

Someone commented about Hiiro never failing. Taiga confronts Hiiro about the danger of never failing.

Someone complains about the level 10 Dangerous Zombie being a poor choice for a main baddie to be using at this point. Suddenly, we learn that Dangerous Zombie isn't your normal level 10 gashat but a variable (Incidentally, this sort of makes sense, since DZ gives the user undead powers, which means the only way to kill him is probably to heal him - not to mention zombies in video games tend to evolve new powers over time, ala Resident Evil and even many browser-based games).

Many people have been complaining about the shoddy J.J. Abrams-style camera work and lack of actual drama in a medical drama. All of a sudden, we have greatly improved camera work and a much bigger focus on drama and character development.

So yeah, either Toei just has really great timing, or someone's been paying attention and taking some really good notes.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So one other thing I wanted to comment on was the fact that the OP is still missing after however many episodes. It strikes me as kind of odd, because I feel that every other time they play it during the episode doesn't really fit, especially when they do it as end credits.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

HyouRetsuzan wrote:aside from another awesome episode of exaid, nobody is rolling in excite-ment seeing kenzaki is back?!!! well.. its just another spin-off but i really am glad seeing him as blade again
Kamen Sentai GoRider is just crazy enough that it might work. The Dead Riders Society.
Catastrophe wrote:So one other thing I wanted to comment on was the fact that the OP is still missing after however many episodes. It strikes me as kind of odd, because I feel that every other time they play it during the episode doesn't really fit, especially when they do it as end credits.
It's gone and not coming back, I suspect. Nothing against the OP, but I'm happy to lose it in exchange for the extra minute of footage.

I do agree though that it leads to Excite getting inserted somewhat haphazardly, since it apparently needs to be used every episode.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Snipes level 50 is pretty cool and I'm glad that Hiiro has the maturity to trust Taiga even though his emotions would tell him not to.
One thing I forgot to mention was that while Brave with Taddle Fantasy is an evil overlord who controls minions so is it also fitting with Hiiro being a doctor because doctors can use bacteria to fight diseases (I know that there's a difference between bacteria and virus, no need to point it out).

Overall so did I like this episode. The spinoff with the dead Riders is interesting...
Spoiler
Blade died in his show?
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

As a dark lord he has minions, as a doctor he has the two nurses at his command. Speaking of which, aren't they due to show up again soon? They're named characters, oddly enough.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

god knows if they'll ever appear again but I'm hoping they do
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

takenoko wrote:As a dark lord he has minions, as a doctor he has the two nurses at his command. Speaking of which, aren't they due to show up again soon? They're named characters, oddly enough.
Sounds like the two nurses have gotten affected by the dreaded Chuck Cunningham syndrome.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

Ex-Aid is getting good, hope for the best, though I still feel the urge to worry with this season since the villains are basically covering so little of their sleeves.. I hope the level X and Kamen Rider Chronicle would bring much to their table..
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I think my biggest issue with this episode is that I'm not sure I can see Snipe handling L50. Given that Brave, who has willpower as one of his defining traits (and he's been working with gashats for a long time) had trouble with it, I think a relatively out-of-practice, unliscenced fellow would struggle a lot more with such a Gashat (also, on a less important note, how does he remove the gashat without hands once he's done?).

That said, the rest of the episode felt pretty decent. I liked Hiiro's throwing aside his personal agenda for the good of the patient, and the ending note was also nice (although I thought we already knew Zombie's current limits--he can never get really beaten, but he can get the stuffing kicked out of him a lot). Possibly my favorite point of the episode is how Emu's recovery here compares to his redemption last episode: earlier Emu overcame his M self by learning from an honorable doctor's example, while here, he recovers by seeing what's wrong with a less honorable one, almost acting as a foil for Snipe.
Spoiler
It looks like there won't be a new form next episode? I'm hoping so.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I do like that they explain Taiga's desperation being a source of his power. It makes his mission seem a bit more suicidal and hopeless, which is a nice bit of characterization.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Mxylv wrote:I think my biggest issue with this episode is that I'm not sure I can see Snipe handling L50. Given that Brave, who has willpower as one of his defining traits (and he's been working with gashats for a long time) had trouble with it, I think a relatively out-of-practice, unliscenced fellow would struggle a lot more with such a Gashat (also, on a less important note, how does he remove the gashat without hands once he's done?).
Well, apparently as he himslef said, he has experience with betas, so he actually has more experience in dealing with them.

Come to think about it, it seems like Taiga was screwed over by others. he was given a beta gashat to fight the virus, and when he was outmatched they took away his license. He might be doing all the "there is no need for other riders" thing to protect others from what happened to him.
domoon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by domoon »

NURSE ASUNA IS THE BEST!!!!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Wow. So Snipe lvl 50 is basically Strike Freedom Gundam....
What a shame the OP is not shown much anymore considering the song is quite a hit in toys store in Osaka now....

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”