KR Ex-Aid 20 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 20 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Brave Level Shirtless

Last week's poll rating: 4.6 / 5 (20 votes)

Fine episode. No real complaints here.

Snipe Level 50 reminds me of Gundam Heavy Arms.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 20 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Good on Hiiro to consider Taiga to be an invaluable rider despite emotional disagreements.
Snipe Level 50 reminds me of Gundam Heavy Arms.
Seems Snipe's new form is a shout-out to Kantai Collection. Ok, I now get the appeal of that franchise...
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Nico seems to be dead weight on the show now.

I would've preferred to have Snipe Level 50 take more design inspiration from Macross carriers.

Emu's condition has very interesting implications with respect to Mighty Brothers. It is easy to assume that Emu's attention is split between both bodies but that doesn't seem to be the case. Sometimes, one half will talk to the other half as if they were independent. Other times, they can act in unison as if they have a mental link. One possible explanation is that the form gives M one body and Emu the other body. Since they have existed together for so long, they are conditioned to act like twins. Just like twins, they have distinct personalities but have enough shared life experiences to unconsciously sync up.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Yea, another solid episode by Ex-Aid standards, I hope they keep this ball rolling at a steady pace up hill.
March is general mid form, right? Hope that's a good one.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Good Episode, but let me say this:

Ex-Aid has finally gotten to a level of a standard KR series for me, something that didn't happen for 2 KR seasons!
NOMarfo
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Snipes upgrade is kind of uninspired compared to Braves. Braves seems like a natural evolution of Taddle Quest, and has some really sweet abilities tied in with it. Snipes is just more guns and that's it?
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

Catastrophe wrote:Snipes upgrade is kind of uninspired compared to Braves. Braves seems like a natural evolution of Taddle Quest, and has some really sweet abilities tied in with it. Snipes is just more guns and that's it?
While I think that Snipe upgrades make him pretty strong right now, his Lv2 is ground combat, lv3 is air combat and lv50 sea combat, he's pretty much Yamato right now where he can fight in any combat area. It also shows how he evolved from gun -> aircraft -> battleship which scale up his power abilities. Just wondering if he would possibly reach space combat or mass destruction weapon or not.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I mean, thematically for the military thing it makes sense, just design wise I don't feel like it gels as well with his base form as Brave and Taddle Fantasy.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ex-Aid seems to have found its groove and figured out how to stick there. We've been on a stretch of enjoyable episodes, and this latest one adds to that pile.

Even when the show isn't moving the main plot along with the Bugsters and KR Chronicle, it's finally doing a good (enough) job with the drama. It's not ER with guns, but I felt like Hiiro and Taiga were handled well here, resolving their immediate conflict in a believable manner while tying it into their history. And Emu being afraid to transform is a nice touch given all that he's gone though. It's not the usual heroic faulter of "I got beat and now I'm afraid of losing again" but rather it's a reasonable fear of outright losing himself. (The irony of course being that going by the hints dropped so far, it's the Bugster M who is actually at risk of being lost)

Also, I'm just loving bossy Asuna. More of that, please! (I wish they would have kept her around the whole episode, rather than going back to Poppy)

Meanwhile, it looks like all of this is taking a physical toll on the heroes. We knew from last week that Taddle Fantasy was draining, but outright injuring Hiiro is another thing entirely.:o Taiga seems okay, but we'll see. And Dan is looking rough for wear as well; Dangerous Zombie may be unkillable, but having Ex-Aid kicking his ass again appears to be leaving its mark.

Finally, Level X is not the same as Level 10? Interesting... That means Dan has something going on, of course. But Mighty Bros has also been described as double-X. So whatever makes Level X special seemingly applies to Ex-Aid as well.

Random observations: Man, looking at the snow on the ground the actors must be cold. The guys at least get to wear pants (the poor ladies!), but it's still not much to keep you warm. Suffering for art indeed.:o Also, I really love how Taiga's eyes bug out whenever he talks about taking/stealing Gashats.
Catastrophe wrote:Snipes upgrade is kind of uninspired compared to Braves. Braves seems like a natural evolution of Taddle Quest, and has some really sweet abilities tied in with it. Snipes is just more guns and that's it?
I'm not very impressed with Bang Bang Simulation either. Thematically I get where they're trying to go: more guns. But rather than looking like a naturally stronger Snipe form, its bulk ends up being distracting. Taddle Fantasy did a better job in this.

I do however like the hat that Snipe gets. It screams "yachting" on the front and "shoot everyone" on the back. :P

Oh, and did I miss it, or did Snipe not get back his level 2 and 3 Gashats this week? Hiiro at least got his toys back when he got his Level 50 form...
Arigomi wrote:Emu's condition has very interesting implications with respect to Mighty Brothers. It is easy to assume that Emu's attention is split between both bodies but that doesn't seem to be the case. Sometimes, one half will talk to the other half as if they were independent. Other times, they can act in unison as if they have a mental link. One possible explanation is that the form gives M one body and Emu the other body. Since they have existed together for so long, they are conditioned to act like twins. Just like twins, they have distinct personalities but have enough shared life experiences to unconsciously sync up.
As best as I can gather, Mighty Bros XX splits the personalities, but each one gets their combined skill set. It's admittedly a bit forced; the writers need a way to advance the Bugster plot while allowing both halves to fight equally as well.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

5 of 5. Wish I could vote twice.

Something's new about the camera work in this episode. Whether there was a Director of Photography change or something in the camera equipment, a good portion of the shots in this episode were not "Toei Toku" shots where the cameraman was drunk in an earthquake. The scene of Hiro on the hospital bed was the most obvious, and a tremendous departure from the framing of recent years. The lighting was great, too, and gave most of the shots a much more serious look instead of the Sentai-esque stuff that started up during Drive. I love it, hope it sticks around for the rest of the series.

Also, at what point do they add so much floppy-prop suit extras that the suit gets re-used as a Sentai mecha in the future? Both the Jet and Battleship forms for Snipe have been really Megazord-ish...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

aside from another awesome episode of exaid, nobody is rolling in excite-ment seeing kenzaki is back?!!! well.. its just another spin-off but i really am glad seeing him as blade again
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Not much to say. Snipe has now upgraded into a Gundam. That is all.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Action is good. But plot is going stale. It's that part of the season again -- the limp middle. All those rollercoaster scenes were there to run the time down :(
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I'm starting to understand why they added Nico into the story and have her pair off with Taiga, Like Taiga said, he knows the weight and damage the Gashats can do, he's not being a dick for trope sake, he's being harsh to make sure no one else suffers from it, we saw glimpses of the regret he carries during his conversation with Hiiro and during the henshin sequence into lv 50, the strain of the proto-gashat on his body in the past caused him to lose to Graphite's infection and thus lose Saki. However, since Nico came in we've started seeing cracks in Taiga's personality and eventually I think he's going to end up changing his outlook probably to do with something happening to Nico.

Moving on from theory crafting, while Lvl50 Snipe isn't as impressive as Brave's I do like the theme of it, but i hope we get a better fight for him next episode. Emu's scared mentality thankfully was written well and thus believable and normally i would be groaning about the infected's fear, i did experience that with someone last year when they took me to Universal studios Osaka so i can't really complain. I did like Parado's mentality when fighting Brave, Dan is a evil dick for evil dick sake, Parado just wants to have fun and fight a equal opponent.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Good episode. Ex-Aid seems to have finally grabbed my attention after a very slow start. Emu's fear about the Bugster reappearing seems to have been a false flag in any case, and I wish it hadn't just taken a lecture from Taiga to overcome it.

Parado and Dan sitting around talking about completing Kamen Rider Chronicle is getting old fast. We get it: the two of you have a dastardly evil plan in motion. Now either reveal some more about that plan or leave it alone for awhile. You don't need to bring it up every single episode as if your audience has the attention span of a sugar-crazed ADHD toddler.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”