KR Ex-Aid 21 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:01 am

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 21 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Suwa Tarou steals the show

Last week's poll rating: 4.52 / 5 (25 votes)

Yay, is it time for another cameo from Suwa Tarou? Man, his body acting in this episode are hilarious. Like when he goes Bugster the first time, or when he unbugster and is just scrambling around in a bathrobe.

What are you talking about, Hiiro? Solving mysteries about why diseases happen and why people are sick is all doctors do.

Man Dan is yucking it up with the villain voice and laugh. But that's fine, it's one of the more enjoyable bits of the show.

Is that a new filming location? The wall of the area behind them looks really unique.

The action in this series is kind of tiresome sometimes. All they ever do is trigger their finishing moves and clash them against each other like children smashing together their GI Joes and seeing who falls down first. It's brainless and boring.

Good episode all around. Hiiro's actions are questionable, but if he's just doing it out of fear that Emu will end up like Kiriya, then I can kind of see that. It just seems like we're tying up all the loose threads and it's become a stronger plot for it.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 21 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

How long until Scrappy!Saiba gets the boot?? Do I have to beat her in Tekken 7 again with Lars??

Nice episode, though production crew, STOP with the Finisher-Clash system.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Genm... My goodness. This is going to be really good, I can tell.
NOMarfo
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Dan is just a dick with a god complex? Kind of lame motivations to be honest. I hope something happens with him soon. It's kind of lame having him get hit and then resurrect over and over. Taiga has the right idea, hopefully it plays out into something.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

All things considered this wasn't quite as much of a high-stakes episode as some of the previous ones, so it was a bit calmer. But it was still an enjoyable episode that managed to do a good job of splitting the focus between character development and moving the overall plot forward.

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that given what happened with Kiriya, the revelation from Dan Sr. wasn't very earth-shattering. We already knew that Dan's scheming is the reason he's in the jail; the only new revelation is that we now know where the bugsters come from. Which actually feels like it should be a bigger deal? But this series has done such a good job focusing on where it is and where it's going, that where it's coming from generally isn't important. Either way it's a surprisingly low-key reveal. That they'd tie it all in to Y2K is unexpected, though. I can't decide if it's brilliant in its pulpiness or lazy in the fact that it's a 20 year old trope.

More importantly, this episode gives Emu a chance to reaffirm his desire to be a hero, and it doesn't feel forced. The series has never shied away from the fact that a lot of people have died from the Bugster virus, but it hasn't really been in the forefront until now. And perhaps equally as important, while Hiiro stopped being a jerkass a dozen episodes ago, it looks like he's finally warming up to Emu as a doctor.

Side note: did anyone else notice that Emu no longer gets exhausted using Mighty Bros XX? I guess that's a consequence of what he went through a few episodes ago, though it's not addressed directly.
takenoko wrote:Is that a new filming location? The wall of the area behind them looks really unique.
I guess it is? I agree I don't recall seeing a quarry with such geometric walls before. On the other hand, maybe it's just part of one of the regular quarries we haven't seen before? (Side note: damn, they really blew the hell out of that quarry with the last explosion this week)
The action in this series is kind of tiresome sometimes. All they ever do is trigger their finishing moves and clash them against each other like children smashing together their GI Joes and seeing who falls down first. It's brainless and boring.
Agreed. And I don't mind the occasional clash, but they overdid it in this episode. Also, I wouldn't mind if they stopped having the level 30 Bugsters always revert to humans to end the first fight. I get why the fights are two parts, but it is very formulamatic to have the first fight always end in the same way.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Say, I was wondering if someone could stop subbing the parts for when the announcements for the finishers, its just that in the show they had already made pop outs for them already, it just seems a waste of time unlike from the previous Kamen Rider seasons. Although I am grateful when you translated the finisher for the Famista game for the second Genm Trick though.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Slow start for the series, but seems to be going well right now.

You know, its kinda sad what Genm said about games and entertainment, made to give people dreams and adventures to unsatisfied people, mainly because it's true lots of times.

I was just thinking Genm Lv X will make a badass S.I.C. Figure.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I will give it a 4... after 21 episode and being in the middle of the series I think that they have lost too much time in this kamen rider chronicle ultimate game bullshit. I think that there is even more that Kuroto have not revealed yet and we will see what happens next. Time for Emu to get this LV 50 because Mighty Brothers X is no longer effective.

Off topic: Kamen Rider Decade and Den-O blu ray commercials were great and I will forever be in love with Yuriko Shiratori... I wish Den-O kept the original actors but they never got back :(
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

While I'm glad they're successful, it's too bad we'll never see the original Ryoutarou, Tendou, or Gentarou again in Kamen Rider.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I know two of them may want to return but their agency barred them from returning, for Gentarou I have no clue and as for Tendou, sometimes I wonder if he doesn't return under his own volition
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Tendou basically retired from acting altogether. He still does a little here and there but nothing but bit parts, nothing major.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Nice episode, it seems level X is an unknown variable (X is not equal to 10)

Does, Ex-Aid Mighty Brothers XX and Genm Dangerous Zombie are on the same level

For Kamen Rider Genm Part 2, they use Gashats based on real video games (since Bandai and Namco merged on the same company)
Ex-Aid: Good choice for choosing Pac-Man, if he hits by Double/W its an instant kill. That's why he's running until he gets the Power Pellet (Power Cookie). I suggest that Ghost is his opponent in place of Double/W
Brave: It's okay for choosing Famista (Family Stadium), but I suggest for Tower of Druaga instead
Snipe: Xevious definitely fits for him, I have nothing to say.

What's next, Gashats from Nintendo, Capcom, Sega, or Sony? That would be very expensive.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

takenoko wrote:While I'm glad they're successful, it's too bad we'll never see the original Ryoutarou, Tendou, or Gentarou again in Kamen Rider.
Tendou and Gentarou too??? WHY? those are 2 of the best main actors of the latest years
Final Vent!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kurow wrote:
takenoko wrote:While I'm glad they're successful, it's too bad we'll never see the original Ryoutarou, Tendou, or Gentarou again in Kamen Rider.
Tendou and Gentarou too??? WHY? those are 2 of the best main actors of the latest years
Tendou's semi-retired, Gentarou is one of the hottest stars right now, they can't afford him.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
Kurow wrote:
Tendou's semi-retired, Gentarou is one of the hottest stars right now, they can't afford him.
Huh. He's a fine actor, but I never would have guessed it would be Kamen Rider Pompadour that becomes the breakout star. :shock:

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”