Kamen Sentai GoRider 02 Released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

GoRider ☆☆☆☆☆
60%
YonRider ☆☆☆☆
32%
SanRider ☆☆☆
4%
NiRider ☆☆
No votes
IchiRider ☆
4%

Total votes: 25
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Kamen Sentai GoRider 02 Released

Post by xiiliea »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Was a little disappointed that the villain gets revealed, just like that. I was expecting more detective work to find out who the culprit was.

Noo... why, Kenzaki?

And looks like Emu can't clear games with no continues after all.

P.S. After some tests, we decided to record in 1080p. This means we have HD now! We also rerecorded Maze 1 and included the new recording as a v2.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Kamen Sentai GoRider 02 Released

Post by PHurricane »

I thought Kenzaki was suspicious because he's technically Undead, not dead-dead. And wasn't he the villain in one of the previous spin-off net series? That said, it looks like Kenzaki isn't Kenzaki, just the real mastermind posing as Kenzaki.

The world they're stuck in being part of a game makes so much sense that I'm embarrassed I didn't figure that out myself. I'm enjoying this nice little diversion to Ex-Aid's main plot with characters that I've enjoyed but are unfortunately dead.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Pretty good! I'm liking this reunion of Riders. Everyone's getting a few juicy moments here and there. The mystery is fun. That betrayal by Blade is brutal, even if they foreshadowed it in the last episode. I'm digging it.

I'm a bit more hopeful about Toei doing small stories again. I think the key is small stories that are self contained. Not just bits and pieces they cut off the main story to resell piecemeal in other places like with Ghost or Ex-Aid.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is it odd that the fighting feels a bit superfluous? The random Shocker fights don't feel very well integrated into the story. Even after the revelation here in part two that the Master is doing it because he revels in the despair of the dead riders, there doesn't seem to be a purpose to any fighting other than wiping them out at the end. Until then, the series is closer to a drama than a Toku. Which I'm okay with, but it means the series would flow better if they either cut back on the fighting, or came up with a better reason for it.

In any case, I wasn't thinking the villain would be any of the riders, so that does come as a surprise. However when said villain can apparently perfectly mimic Kenzaki, I'm not sure we had a fair shot at figuring that out.

As for the character moments, I must admit I got a smirk out of Youko putting Kaito in his place. The two of them are practically a married couple now, which allows Kaito to yield because he's wrong but legitimately maintain his grumpy demeanor.

Finally, can someone explain the GoRiders to me? They're unique to this series, right? So why is Toei teasing it out to the very end? I'm starting to feel like a dog having a tasty bone waved in front of its face one too many times. The name of the series is Kamen Sentai GoRider, so let's go already. They're not a secret, so there's no reason to be holding back like this...

Production Observations

Let's talk about snow. I cannot think of the last time we had a Rider fight in the snow, to the point where I want to say it never happens. However as KR is a year-round production, so surely it has to snow during production, right? How much snow does Tokyo get? Or, does it not snow in Tokyo?

The fact that we got a fight in the snow is, in my opinion, fantastic. Because it never happens, it's something new to see. However I get the distinct impression that it wasn't planned, otherwise we wouldn't have the rather obvious continuity error with the first part of the fight being in the snow and the second part being in the dry park. If nothing else, this points to the filming schedule being rather short and rigid: they most likely needed to complete filming in X days, weather be damned, hence they had to stage a fight in the snow. And on that note, poor Iijima Hiroki; having to be on your hands and knees in the snow has to be a rather miserable experience.

Meanwhile I'm also really curious whether Lazer slipping on his landing was actually planned, or if it just happened and the production rolled with it. I rather liked the moment (Kiriya's a bit of a clown), but it's so unexpected and random that I have my doubts it was meant to happen.
PHurricane wrote:The world they're stuck in being part of a game makes so much sense that I'm embarrassed I didn't figure that out myself.
Ditto. Given it's an Ex-Aid story, we should have been expecting this. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it really seems like a pity that Go Rider isn't better. With this cast, this has the potential to be super good with the right amount of polish. As it is, it's still entertaining, but I do mentally check out a bit when they start fighting the recycled Shocker guys for the billionth time. The lack of any emotional or character connection to the "villains" make the fights feel especially hollow.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Production Observations

Let's talk about snow. I cannot think of the last time we had a Rider fight in the snow, to the point where I want to say it never happens. However as KR is a year-round production, so surely it has to snow during production, right? How much snow does Tokyo get? Or, does it not snow in Tokyo?

The fact that we got a fight in the snow is, in my opinion, fantastic. Because it never happens, it's something new to see. However I get the distinct impression that it wasn't planned, otherwise we wouldn't have the rather obvious continuity error with the first part of the fight being in the snow and the second part being in the dry park. If nothing else, this points to the filming schedule being rather short and rigid: they most likely needed to complete filming in X days, weather be damned, hence they had to stage a fight in the snow. And on that note, poor Iijima Hiroki; having to be on your hands and knees in the snow has to be a rather miserable experience.
I double-checked the credits, the amusement park scenes were shot at Tobu Doubutsu Kouen, which is about maybe a 2 hour drive north-ish of Tokyo proper. I've actually been there in person so I'm honestly irritated I didn't recognize it myself.

But there was only one time in around January when it was snowing in that area, and that was only for about a day or two. So I would assume that your hypothesis is correct and they had to stick to a schedule.

Plus, looking at the calendar for the park itself - http://www.tobuzoo.com/info/ They're open every day from 9:30-5/5:30 which is all the good lighting times, but they're closed Monday and Tuesday from December to February. So likely they were shooting this January/February on a couple Mondays/Tuesdays.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote: Production Observations

I double-checked the credits, the amusement park scenes were shot at Tobu Doubutsu Kouen, which is about maybe a 2 hour drive north-ish of Tokyo proper. I've actually been there in person so I'm honestly irritated I didn't recognize it myself.

But there was only one time in around January when it was snowing in that area, and that was only for about a day or two. So I would assume that your hypothesis is correct and they had to stick to a schedule.

Plus, looking at the calendar for the park itself - http://www.tobuzoo.com/info/ They're open every day from 9:30-5/5:30 which is all the good lighting times, but they're closed Monday and Tuesday from December to February. So likely they were shooting this January/February on a couple Mondays/Tuesdays.
Oh wow, thanks Luna! I was curious what the park was, but by the time i reached the end of my post I felt like I had already thrown out enough questions. :P

Given what's happening, I wouldn't be surprised if they filmed this over four days: two for the actors, two for the stunt fights. Which seems quick for a 90 minute feature. But then the fighting is Toei-standard, and the dialog isn't very rapid.
takenoko wrote:Yeah, it really seems like a pity that Go Rider isn't better. With this cast, this has the potential to be super good with the right amount of polish. As it is, it's still entertaining, but I do mentally check out a bit when they start fighting the recycled Shocker guys for the billionth time. The lack of any emotional or character connection to the "villains" make the fights feel especially hollow.
In retrospect, I think one of the things Yongou did right was killing Go. Not just because at that point in the series it was rather cathartic, but it immediately gave the Drive crew a stake in the matter. Though admittedly, I'm not sure Yongou is a fair comparison. This clearly is a smaller budget affair.
Kamen_Rider_Oblivion
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: "subete wa jakuten ga aru!"

Post by Kamen_Rider_Oblivion »

Before this at KR Drive ova they made Faiz as "villain", now at KR ExAid ova they made Blade as "villain" too.
Hmm.... I see... maybe now Toei have trend to make "old heisei rider" as cameo villain, eh? lol
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Kamen_Rider_Oblivion wrote:Before this at KR Drive ova they made Faiz as "villain", now at KR ExAid ova they made Blade as "villain" too.
Hmm.... I see... maybe now Toei have trend to make "old heisei rider" as cameo villain, eh? lol
Are you talking about the Kamen Rider Sangou movie? It's been a while since I'd seen it but I remember it being the "true ending" to Faiz' story which was nice.

Speaking of true endings, I like how this episode, or rather series, acts as a sequel to the Agito, Blade, and Gaim series while being a side story to EX-AID simultaneously. I'm enjoying the dialogue and character interaction between the Riders. Especially the discussion between Kaito and Yoko, where Yoko learns that Kaito had died after her. It's something we could have never gotten if it weren't for this series.

Emu getting brutally stabbed was awesome to me. I love this Rated R spin-off stuff, just like Emu getting totally mauled to a bloody pulp in Episode 1 of Kamen Rider Brave. I wished Kamen Rider were just normally this brutal and bloody. Then again, that's why we have Kamen Rider Amazons.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

He was referring to Kamen Rider Yongou not Sangou which was the Taisen movie of that year.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Now this miniseries is getting better than what I had expected, especially when I saw Kento Shimoyama's name on this series but there's just something off, now I wonder on how he can handle Dino Force Brave/Kyoryuger Brave is since it's mixed on me so far, the 10 minute run time is also not helping it
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kamen_Rider_Oblivion
Quote: "subete wa jakuten ga aru!"

Post by Kamen_Rider_Oblivion »

The "sentai" theme in this spin-off seem abit forced for me, I heard there are just 3eps, but the sentai just shown up at next last 3rd ep.
_
This story take part at what ep in tv show???
But seeing Snipe fight just like that, I guees this happen before he got his KanColle form lv50.
Or even more long ago before Emu got his MightyBroXX lv10?
Because if he already invoke his Bugster, there no way that his Bugster not remember anything.
In Drive-Faiz spinoff, when Tomari died he have amnesia when re-spawn, but Belt-san still have record shown that indeed Tomari' heart ever died once.
_
Then for now I can guess who is the mindmaster that mimic Kenzaki. The way that he mocking the dying Emu somehow remind me of "that person" :idea:
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, one of the promo for the movie already said who he was, kind of. Just look at the clothing at the characters and there is only one that fit.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

totally enjoying this.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

From the splash pic. Is Lazer's actor really that short? I don't believe it.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”