KR Ex-Aid 25 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
84%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 32
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 25 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Kamen Rider Go?

Last week's poll rating: 3.64 / 5 (25 votes)

No lie, that was an amazing episode. It was only setup too. For the most part, the Riders don't do anything except try to understand this new world that they are now in.

At first, I thought that this was a more gentle Kamen Rider Chronicles than the one Genm had envisioned. His version sounded like random people would turn into Riders, but at least Parado's version is opt-in.

Turning Poppy into a navigator character was pretty brilliant. Especially in that brutal part at the end when she explains to the defeated players that they're going to die. That was an amazing moment.

Also love the fact that the player characters can steal the weapons and Gashats from the Riders. It's an interesting scenario since the enemy's no longer random mooks to be trounced over, but actual people.

Oh yeah, opening song is back. Why was it gone in the first place?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 25 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

May I suggest the alternate title be Kamen Rider Online?
Spoiler
Because KR Chronicle works just like Sword Art Online, the videogame. I've only seen season 1 of the anime though.

Parado, maybe add the data, time of death, location of death and names of the dead players, kinda like how DOOM's Ultra Nightmare mode does it?? Doomguy ain't afraid of you or your upgraded form.

Cool. Poppy gets her Bugvisor and the Tokimeki Crisis gashat. May I see Graphite fight again??

That said, updated opening is good.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, and I wrote this in my notes:

"There is no continue. Cherish your one and only life!"

Thanks, Poppy. I'll remember that.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I really liked this episode. I can't believe they mass produced Kamen Rider Chronicle so fast. So if they can just transform by pressing the button what's from stopping them to use it for their own gain? It's kind of like those several episodes in Kamen Rider Gaim where people used the lock seeds for themselves.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so, to start with, notes about the opening:
1) they left in a spot for Kiriya. touching tribute? cruel reminder of what we've lost? empty space to be filled should something crazy happen to bring him and/or dan back to life somehow? talking all bets!
2) so, we see Saiba in the rotation henshin, and it looks like she turns into a Player Rider. does she end up seeing this as her chance to take Emu on directly, or does she end up a good guy and help fight?
3) gee, look at all these characters in silhouette. I wonder if they'll be filled in after showing up in the series? /sarcasm.
4) in one scene, poppy's rider form's eyes are blue, even though the next episode preview shows them as red. eventual return to good guy status?

as for the episode itself, I really liked the setup. it's interesting, and I'm curious just how far they can take this premise.

also, stealing this from facebook to share here:
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

So begs the question if KR Chronicle was real would you guys actually make it all the way to the end? For me I think I would probably make it to the third or fourth level of the pyramid only to die by Para-DX or Graphite
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

Poor Ride Players... They didn't even got the rider gauges to estimate their HP levels. How can you predict your game over then? Parade is straight savage. Mass murder at its best.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Man, this series has now had a number of great episodes. But I think this qualifies as the most brutal episode of the series. And the heroes didn't even do anything to cause it!

I get that last week's episode was needed to setup this episode - which in turn was even more setup - but this episode has Ex Aid firmly back on track. So many little hints to pick apart, so many important (if a bit predictable) developments. Everything is moving at a good pace, the characters are firmly in character, etc. I'm going to bawl like a baby when this series is done, aren't I?

On a side note, I just checked, and Takahashi Yuya has written every episode in this series. That has to be a brutal workload, but damn if it's not paying off handsomely.

I'm not sure this episode has any single point of awesome, but everything was handled so well. The Ride Player reveal, the fact that playing Chronicle gives them Game Syndrome, Poppy as the navigator, the game framing the Kamen Riders as villains to be defeated, Ren basically doing nothing to deny that he's up to no good, Salty being a punk, and of course, Paradox's execution of all of those poor Ride Players. Setup episodes are always so much fun since they get the luxury of spawning all of these new threads.:D
takenoko wrote:At first, I thought that this was a more gentle Kamen Rider Chronicles than the one Genm had envisioned. His version sounded like random people would turn into Riders, but at least Parado's version is opt-in.
Is it really opt-in when no one tells you that the game will kill you? :?
Also love the fact that the player characters can steal the weapons and Gashats from the Riders. It's an interesting scenario since the enemy's no longer random mooks to be trounced over, but actual people.
And the worst part is that if the Riders defeat the Players, they'll still kill them. Future episodes will obviously solve this problem, but damn, Parado has worked the Rider into the ultimate Catch-22. No matter what they do, people die.
Oh yeah, opening song is back. Why was it gone in the first place?
Because it gave another minute to the episode. I like the OP, I like the song, but I'd personally rather have the minute, especially in a series as awesome as Ex-Aid. Their little trial over the last quarter has proven that the series doesn't need a full length OP every week, as cool as it is.
Conan_Edogawa wrote:so, to start with, notes about the opening:
1) they left in a spot for Kiriya. touching tribute? cruel reminder of what we've lost? empty space to be filled should something crazy happen to bring him and/or dan back to life somehow? talking all bets!
2) so, we see Saiba in the rotation henshin, and it looks like she turns into a Player Rider. does she end up seeing this as her chance to take Emu on directly, or does she end up a good guy and help fight?
3) gee, look at all these characters in silhouette. I wonder if they'll be filled in after showing up in the series? /sarcasm.
4) in one scene, poppy's rider form's eyes are blue, even though the next episode preview shows them as red. eventual return to good guy status?
This new OP is as spoilery as all hell. It's seriously not cool. It spoils the fact that Poppy is getting a Rider form (way to ruin the end-of-episode revelations, jerks!), it shows Saiba transforming, and there's clearly another Rider in there somewhere (which from the hair, is probably the next Ex-Aid form?). If they want to bring the OP back, that's fine. But did they have to spoil all of this? :x

Good eye though on the empty spot for Kiriya. I didn't notice that the first time, and even after looking for it, it took me a couple of times to see what you meant. It's fairly subtle.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>This new OP is as spoilery as all hell. It's seriously not cool.

Haha, maybe Toei's given up on subtlety in this age of information.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I mean if you're the true fan, you would have saw the magazine scans with all the recent developments ahead of time.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Nothing really i can say that hasn't been said, apart from this...It's episode 25 and already it feels like we've entered the final arc, I hadn't realised that we got a new intro as i normally skip past it so after i finished and came here i watched it again just for the intro. I really am hyped for the remainder of this series, it's going to be one hell of a ride
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

I guess playing Kamen Rider Chronicle is extremely dangerous, the Bugsters are protagonists while the Kamen Riders are antagonists (WHICH IS I DON'T LIKE!!!)

Rules:
1. Any player may participate (CERO: A, ESRB: E, PEGI: 8 )
2. Players can steal Gashats from the Kamen Riders and use them for weapons (one Gashat per player only)
3. Defeat a high-leveled Bugster to proceed to the next level and aim to the top
4. This is a YOLO mode, if you receive a Game Over you'll disappear and die

Platform: GES (GENM Entertainment System) (parody of NES) & GENM BOY (parody of Game Boy)

Question to all of you: Are you gonna play this game?

Spoiler
Poppy is receiving a Toki Meki Crisis Gashat and a new Gashacon Bugvisor at the end, next episode she will be transformed into a Kamen Rider. Remember the intro that her eyes were blue, while in this preview is red thus it represents she's been brainwashed. Hopefully, Emu will reprogram her using Maximum Mighty X because I can't stand Poppy become evil. Even though she's Bugster and one of the keys for Kamen Rider Chronicle
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote:I mean if you're the true fan, you would have saw the magazine scans with all the recent developments ahead of time.
I'm a terrible fan then. I avoid those things specifically so that I'm not spoiled (and is why I appreciate the fact that you guys don't allow it here).
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Not only magazine scans, but toy scans a few months prior. Love seeing them, though surprises wouldn't be half bad.
Kind of wish the return of the opening would have worked in the second part of EXCITE? Someone on tumblr used the new opening with the second part and it was pretty good.
Dunno if the lyrics fit, haha.

How about that cinder block of a console at 7:07 with Mighty Action X? Haha, oh boy. I wonder how marketing sold that in 2016.
Also Ren... is interesting. Wonder what villain he'll turn out to be, unless it's just the human connection for the Bugsters.
Is he the final boss or would that be Graphite, who's probably the Drago Knight Hunter bugster?

Man the next...23 episodes are going to be something for sure.
Also are we finally at the "darker" point (if you want to include specials) that people were touting this series would be? Or is that the usual hype drumming for any Kamen Rider?
I don't really give much attention aside from places that post scans until I watch the first episode of a series through you all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/159256 ... from-25-if

I made this comparison using episode 14 (the last old opening) with the current one from 25. If someone can rework my avisynth script so that they're next to each other or something, I'd appreciate it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”