KR Ex-Aid 27 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
52%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 27 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Nico official spelling confirmed

Last week's poll rating: 4.46 / 5 (24 votes)

Alright episode. I like that Nico finally feels like she has a purpose in the series. I honestly still feel like her and Taiga are some of the weakest parts of the series (and his origin being split off into the Snipe spin off doesn't help). But this was alright. I honestly like Nico, she's cute and an interesting character dynamic. A gamer like M, but without the doctor aspect. It's just the setup is kind of poor. I mean, there's a scene of her eating popcorn and Taiga drinking a soda together. Taiga, maybe you shouldn't hang out with teen girls in your creepy abandoned hospital, you dirty old man!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 27 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Suwabe, what happened?! I thought you're able to seduce Nico?! Yeah, Emu should pwn you with one of Lars' signature combos, because Tekken.

Well, good luck being a Ride Player, Nico-chan.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing that frustrates me most with this episode, is that we've already had it. Like there was that original arc of hers where she realises that this shit is real and it's not a game and we've regressed completely now to the point that we got the opposite result that she's going to play and put her life at risk? Doesn't really make any sense.

Liking Hiro more and more though. His straight man while the crazy shit was going down was great.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Nico never lost her desire to help, though. I mean, when she learned she couldn't use the Driver, that kind of put an end to the whole "I'm gonna be a Rider" plan. But if you rewatch that very story arc, she still fought back (by beating the Bugster with a broom) and ended up becoming a sort of field nurse, getting innocents off of the battlefield. She gave up on defeating M when it was discovered Emu/M was the original host for the virus (meaning she no longer knew whether it was the host or the Bugster who was her real nemesis). But as Chronicle is a gashat usable without the compatibility surgery or a Driver, she's found a way to finally fight.

It's just like the discussion during the episode: Taiga never considered that Nico wanted to be an active part of the battle. He never thought of her as an equal or even a comrade. She was just some girl who hung out with him that he took an understandable liking to and frequently had to protect since she had a life ahead of her. Nico never stopped wanting to be a Rider, she just never had the ability to do so before now. Had Chronicle or an equivalent existed during her intro arc, she would have been a Rider all this time.

I found this to be a great ep, not only because I love Nico and have been waiting to see what she can do (and she killed it!) since her introduction. I also really like how this episode started driving home what we already were told about Taiga. His life is over, so he fights so others can enjoy their ongoing lives... well, until this episode when he realised he has something to lose after all. I'm really interested to see where this budding romance goes...

The Bugster theme was also interesting, although I agree with Nico that it uses WAY too many hearts. But that brief moment with Poppy made it worth the annoying graphics. also, the way Nico defeated a Bugster who uses words to seduce by insulting him was especially priceless, since it was a classic Liesure Suit Larry moment.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I guess I didn't pay as much attention to the opening as I thought. I knew Nico transformed, but for some reason I thought she had a unique Rider form. I didn't know she was just one of those generic brown guys.That's probably my only real disappointment in this episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That wasn't Ex-Aid's strongest episode, but thematically I appreciate where they were going by tying the Bugster reveal to Taiga and Nico's situation. The Taiga/Nico bits were great; what set the episode back was the wacky way that the Big 3 were defeated. It was an awkwardly non-serious fight in a serious situation.

I'm not sure if it would have been possible for this episode to have come earlier, but i do wish they hadn't left the Taiga/Nico thread hanging for quite so long. It's only actually been 11 episodes, but it feels like forever.

Otherwise, Ashki's analysis is spot on. Nico never stopped wanting to be a Rider, but the reason has changed. It has become less selfish (not unselfish, but less selfish). She also makes for an interesting Rider since she has Emu's game skills and greater agility, but I think the fact that she doesn't get a unique form is a dead giveaway that we won't be seeing her too often. Maybe another couple of episodes, and then they throw in a reason to have her stop? Besides, Toei doesn't have a good suit actor to play her Rider form. The dude playing her is A) a dude, and B) too tall. The actress is so short that they always put her in platform shoes, and even then the Rider is still taller.

Also, I really liked the location where they shot the second fight. KR fights in fountains aren't new, but they're rare. More significantly though, this is the first time they've used such a large fountain. Having a fight going on there, and then everyone standing/laying around in said fountain is a nice change of scenery. It's not a glamorous place, and it's not meant to be. Though given when this would have been filmed (February/March), I don't know how those poor sods didn't freeze half to death.

PS Poor Hiiro, I think his cake gets stolen more often than he successfully eats it :lol:
takenoko wrote:Taiga, maybe you shouldn't hang out with teen girls in your creepy abandoned hospital, you dirty old man!
Have ages been assigned to their characters? IIRC the last time I looked this up, Taiga's actor was 21 or 22, only a few years older than Nico's actress. I guess the sizable height difference between the two makes any age difference look more pronounced. Though I suppose it wouldn't preclude Taiga being a dirty young man. :P
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The Riders have beat up the Bugsters before but they didn't receive any Gashats as rewards. And Poppy said Nico is the first to defeat a Bugster.

Maybe because they're part of the game as "rare characters", they can't actually beat the game themselves.

So maybe why Nico is just a "generic player rider" and not another special Rider form, is because they need an actual player to beat and win the game, and not another "rare character".
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That makes sense actually. Otherwise the main riders would be able to stomp over pretty much every Bugster with ease.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Taiga, maybe you shouldn't hang out with teen girls in your creepy abandoned hospital, you dirty old man!
Have ages been assigned to their characters? IIRC the last time I looked this up, Taiga's actor was 21 or 22, only a few years older than Nico's actress. I guess the sizable height difference between the two makes any age difference look more pronounced. Though I suppose it wouldn't preclude Taiga being a dirty young man. :P
I guess Emu is a Doogie Howser since he's a young genius. Hiiro too. But Taiga was a doctor 5 years ago already when the Bugster virus thing happened. Assuming he was 22 then, he'd have to be at least 27 now.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Did I miss something? I could've sworn Nico learned Taiga's motivation for being the only rider back in episode 20. Why is she acting like she doesn't understand his motivations here?
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

I hope Nico gets an upgrade later on, really disappointing if she's going to be another Kamen Rider Mage again...
Maybe give her those forgotten Lv3 Gashats, Brave's Lv3 would certainly match with her Ride Player's unique design.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

good episode if you wanna give some romance & love simulation game theme in here. and yes Nico/Taiga perhaps the most suited character to potray it.
i agree Ashki's review is on spot as well.

btw, next episode Poppy/Emu thing?
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

BTW, this still needs a front-page announcement...
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

is it weird for me to ship nico and taiga together lol
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

The Taiga and Nico fan-fiction / fan art have begun.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”