KR Ex-Aid 28 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2017 12:06 am

☆☆☆☆☆
83%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 30
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 28 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - A Poppy Pi Po Panic

Last week's poll rating: 4.4 / 5 (20 votes)

I really enjoyed that episode. It was a bit clunky here and there as Ex-Aid tends to be when it gets "serious" but at least the drama felt believable this time. There's been way too many times that the drama felt forced, but at least the stakes felt like there was something there this time.

That ending is such a cop out though? All you needed to do was win back her smile? Really?

And things started to get silly again, until that last minute reveal. That was a good cliffhanger. I don't think they let out any hints at all, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. I only really remember the red eyes from when he made the twins... Did the twins ever fight Parado? Because it'd be an amazing twist if Parado was one of them all along?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 28 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

While I like that Poppy's back with the heroes, the wham ending was not a surprise to me. I didn't say anything until now, but I called it.

1- Red and blue are inverse to cyan and orange, respectively.
2- Our villain was missing in Episode 19 until the very end of the episode. That time, Emu was M.
3- Notice in said previous episode that M wants to have fun rather than fulfill his responsibilities as a doctor. Then notice our villain in this episode.

Yuya Takahashi, sort of predictable, but you still have my attention.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Parad really isn't having a good day this episode

Poppy meanwhile is having an existential crisis, with a hint of Toku Meki Crisis to spice things up, and i like it.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

That Maximum Gamer is really handy. Poor Parad couldn't even move lol... Nico continue to be a badass. Funny that Poppy is so scared of her. :lol: :lol:
Boukensilver06
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Boukensilver06 »

takenoko wrote:That was a good cliffhanger. I don't think they let out any hints at all, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. I only really remember the red eyes from when he made the twins... Did the twins ever fight Parado? Because it'd be an amazing twist if Parado was one of them all along?
Parado actually fights the twins in episode 16, so it makes me wonder. I don't think Parado literally means he is M in this case because of that fight. Maybe a copy or duplicate of him from the same game M is based off of?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh does he? That's a bummer then, since that'd be an amazing reveal. It's also a bit less satisfying, since that means there's three parts of Emu. His "normal" doctor self that started recently. His childhood gamer M self, which is the Bugster DNA for some reason? And then Parado, who is also his gamer self??? Well, next episode can explain it, I guess.
Boukensilver06
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger

Post by Boukensilver06 »

Hopefully it doesn't become that complicated. I'm still betting on my theory that Parado and M are clones from the same game.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So if I remember correctly from the explanation that Dan gives, Emu is patient Zero which means that all the bugstars originate from him.

My theory is that the M personality (which isn't really that independent and acts like cocky Emu) and Parad where originally the same and the operation they talk about that Dr Pacman (I think it was) does separates all the bugstars from Emus body, but sunders 'M' into the part that stays with Emu and Parad.

It would explain why Parad is obsessed with him and the mirroring they show in the opening. It was a pretty good twist to be honest because the foreshadowing was minimal.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Ex Aid is definitely getting juicier at this point in the game than Ghost was. as cool as I thought Ghost was, I'm glad to see Ex-Aid is proving to be so much better.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Best part of the episode was Ex-Aid just not giving a fuck about Para-DX. It's funny watching the fact he was the highest level player for so long and now he can just be brushed off.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

A thought just occurred to me in regards to Poppy. What it her human form as Asuna is the woman she replaced when she as born? That could've led to some interesting character episodes for her.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

after hearing the reveal, I realized there have been a few hints, actually. in episode 19, after Dan reveals that Emu is patient zero, when his disease flares up and he switches personalities, Parado disappears and isn't seen again until Emu is back to normal. also, everyone says "henshin" but leveling up is always a unique phrase, like "skill level ___" or "grade ___" or "____ gear", but both Emu and Parado say Dai Henshin.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Daggum, that was a heavy episode. It's easily the heaviest episode since Lazer died, and well, that was Lazer dying...

Just from how last week's episode ended, I figured we'd get a Poppy episode this week. In fact I'm a bit disappointed that it was wrapped up so handily in a single episode. Still, as Takenoko already noted, the drama was done extremely well here.

I liked how even though Emu could undo Poppy's brainwashing with his Maximum powers, he couldn't just God-mode his way through all of this. Restored Poppy still had to contend with the consequences of her actions. And not just how she infected current players with Game Syndrome, but how she cost someone their life when she was initially created. Even though all of this was involuntary on her part, she was still an enemy character (or rather, target) in KR Chronicle and she was still the key to curing those players infected with her strain of the virus. Brave and Snipe were right to try to eliminate her, if short-sighted in the process.

They actually went a slightly different route than I was expecting. Since we know that fully realized Bugsters can be restored, I was expecting her to be eliminated, Emu to have a break down of sorts, and then someone (e.g. Parado) restoring her. Instead the ending we got is a bit of a cop-out - since she's a friendly NPC instead of a hostile NPC, restoring her smile beats the game? - but I really like that Emu won the day with words instead of weapons. It's still KR, after all.

I still want to see a little more development on Poppy, but I understand that she's a supporting character. I still want to know just how she came into being; why she was apparently one of the first Bugsters, for example. And why is it just now that she seems to be internalizing that her creation killed a person? Or for that matter, how she ended up working for the Ministry of Health after all of that. But another day, perhaps. She's a very powerful Rider, taking out Brave Level 3 in one shot, and the stupid spoilery OP makes it pretty clear that we should expect to see KR Poppy again at some point. So wherever her driver got chucked off to, someone's apparently going to retrieve it.

As an aside, while I'm not a fan of her Rider form, I liked the fast henshin this episode a lot more than the original henshin. That and the bassline song they're using in her fights have been some excellent style choices on the part of the crew.

And even though Emu's goal in shooting her earlier in the episode was to reprogram her, I liked how he didn't hesitate. 10 episodes ago Emu would agonize over the decision in the field. Now he's found his resolve, and even though the final resolution involved him stopping everyone else from destroying Poppy, he didn't hesitate on doing that either. He's still a big softie, but he's to the point where he can decide what to do and then commit to following-through on it. He's growing as a character, and in a way that feels natural.

Meanwhile we finally get to see Brave's level 3 form again, though he doesn't do a whole lot. I imagine it's mostly for thematic reasons since it uses the Gashat for Poppy's game, but it's still nice to see it again. And speaking of which, it felt very in character for Hiiro to immediately realize that the fastest way to curing the patient was to eliminate Poppy, even though he doesn't really hide the fact that he isn't happy with that solution.

I'm not sure what to make of Taiga and Nico though. They don't play big parts in this episode (since they aren't in the CR, they don't have Emu and Hiiro's relationship with Poppy), but the fact that we open up to Taiga casually lounging around on her bed is just weird... (especially given last week's dirty old man discussion here)

As for Parado, up until now we haven't really had him interacting with MMX Emu much, so I'm glad we're getting that now, and it's every bit as amusing as I was expecting. KR Paradox is no match for MMX, and this episode gleefully plays with the concept, having MMX bat him around like he's a minor nuisance. I think the show is trying to dodge the fact that MMX could easily destroy Paradox at this point - and arguably it's something that Emu should be doing, going on a rampage eliminating all of the Bugsters - but i can forgive the hesitation there in exchange for the reveal we got at the end here. M is the Father of all Bugsters, as far as we know, so it makes sense that there's a connection between M and Parado. Never mind the fact that Parado has never hesitated to single out Emu/M from the very start. Whatever happens, it's going to be interesting.

Finally, does anyone know how this show is doing in Japan, both in terms of ratings and toy sales? Everything is going so well and this series has been so good, that I'm curious if it's a commercial success for Toei as well. I want to see more KR series like this (as hard as topping Ex-Aid seems, right now), and I can only imagine that will hinge on how well the series does commercially.

PS No front page post yet?
Zerato wrote:A thought just occurred to me in regards to Poppy. What it her human form as Asuna is the woman she replaced when she as born? That could've led to some interesting character episodes for her.
A few of us have been wondering that for a while, but this episode in particular puts a fork in that idea. Graphite was realized by killing Hiiro's girlfriend. He obviously looks nothing like her.:P So it appears that the human forms of the Bugsters are not based on the human host they kill.
Kurokage X wrote:Poppy meanwhile is having an existential crisis, with a hint of Toku Meki Crisis to spice things up, and i like it.
That is a terrible pun and you should be ashamed proud of yourself. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh! I thought it was weird for Brave to use DoReMiFa form at this point (has he used it since he got it?). Wouldn't it have been amazing if instead of *gags* retrieving Poppy's smile, Emu realized that instead of fighting Poppy, he had to convince Brave to use DoRemIFa's form and beat her in a dancing/rhythm game instead? Imagine the drama as Brave bulks and insists that killing her is the only sure way, while Emu argues for friendship, and whatnot. Toei, let me edit your ideas!

Didn't realize it was released. I'll update the front page now.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

Welcome home, Poppy/Asuna :D

We need to see you more in that nurse outfit, suits you more :P

Now, in Parado and Emu case,
Spoiler
if as allegedly Emu is the human and Parado is the bugster, imo makes M is a blank personality that created inside Emu that Emu thought was just his personality change but M actually who Parado should originally exist as in the first place, probably... As in the last scene, instead of becoming M as usual, now it is Parado...

And probably why the twins able to fight with Parado because that M is the manifestation from Emu instead of his own being, but now with Parado in the run, taking over his original place, make him one of the twins, based on the preview

Probably, agghh I'm confused, let's wait for the next week episode for the definitive answer...

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”