KR Ex-Aid 28 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2017 12:06 am

☆☆☆☆☆
83%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 30
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: KR Ex-Aid 28 released

Post by PHurricane »

Great episode from start to finish.

I'm going to miss Poppy as the NPC character for Kamen Rider Chronicle. I like Asuna/Poppy well enough, but she was SO perfect for the role of the cheerful guide that teaches you how to play the game and assigns players their next tasks. I wonder if Emu rewriting her memory will have dire consequences for the idiots still playing KR Chronicle by depriving them of information on how to advance.

About the "Poppy smiling clears the game" thing - It was a little bit of a cop-out, but I could have sworn that was brought up before.

Looks like Poppy's driver flew off into the river. That's classic Rider-shorthand for "this character/item/plot point will return". That's good, because Poppy as a Rider was amazing. I'm sure if we do get her back she won't be nearly as impressive as she was the past few episode because that sort of nerfing always seems to happen, but that's fine.

Even though it happened off-screen, I liked that we found out that Nico and Taiga took out Salty and Alhambra. As much as I'd like to see Rider Nico in action, it advanced that part of the plot without making us watch yet another fight using those monsters. Just like Kyouryuuger, I appreciate a good in-story explanation for why the same monsters get reused over and over (rather than the real world reason: to save on costs), but at some point you have to let them go.

Parado being so frustrated that Emu could pin him down and flat-out ignore him rather than fight him was hilarious. No wonder he snapped at the end and revealed the truth.

Kudos to the writers with that reveal. The clues (particularly in Episode 19) make perfect sense in hindsight, but I admit I was successfully distracted by the characters' incorrect theories that the Emu/M split personalities were how his version of Game Syndrome manifested, and he either wouldn't produce a Bugster or his Bugster hadn't yet propagated. Ironically, Hiiro even theorized the correct answer in the middle of that episode - that Emu was possessed by the Bugster - but it was pushed aside in the midst of healing that episode's patient and Taddle Fantasy's debut. Like I think someone else pointed out, there was even a big clue in the opening sequence since episode two - that panning shot from Emu to Parado, like they're standing back-to-back or a reverse mirror. Kind of like Den-O,
Spoiler
which had Hana unblowing the candles on a birthday cake, which foreshadowed the plot point of her birth being written out of the timeline being the key to the junction point
. They even added another hint in the new opening sequence, where Emu seems to command the various game screens after his eyes go red. I love details like that.

Hey, did Parado steal Meteor's catchphrase in the preview for next episode?
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

what i hate from this episode is M too naive and because of that he got posesed by Para-dx. Other than that i'm pretty sastified with this episode
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Parado is such a baby in this episode. I was really annoyed by him in this episode because he kept on trying to get Emu's attention. Next episode seems interesting.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm fairly sure that Parado and M are not the same identity. Them being connected makes sense though.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This episode has several good moments and situations, but I feel like it needed to go a bit deeper. Kind of like how takenoko said that Poppy ideally should have been corrupted rather than brainwashed, perhaps the entire basis of Maximum Might X's reprogramming needs to be rethought (or else saved for the final form or something). There needs to be a human element to both sides, not just one at the climax; I think we needed something like Parado guiding Poppy through her moral issue this episode and temporarily convincing her to fight humans in a way that could hypothetically make sense to the audience, as opposed to just threatening her when he ran out of ways to convince her. This applies to the other side, too: Hiiro telling Emu that he also cares for Poppy before saying that they should destroy her anyway would make for a more powerful scene than just telling him to kill Poppy.

There's plenty of man vs. man / Bugster vs. Bugster conflict here, just not enough man vs. self, nor empathy from those who are wrong. Perhaps this one of the biggest issues I have with Ex-Aid: although it's willing to have moral conflict with the character it focuses on, more often than not the ones who are wrong are just wrong, without any indication that they can understand the position of the person who's actually right. As well, I think the premise of discovering that they didn't have to kill Poppy to clear the game was already resolved, since they discovered that they didn't have to kill the cannibalistic Burgster back in episode 14 or so. Since something from that episode was even shown in a flashback here, I'm surprised they didn't bring it up.
takenoko wrote:That was a good cliffhanger. I don't think they let out any hints at all, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. I only really remember the red eyes from when he made the twins... Did the twins ever fight Parado? Because it'd be an amazing twist if Parado was one of them all along?
Although I thought the same thing, I don't think he's M. At the end, Emu seemed to be acting like Parado, which didn't seem very similar to the way he acted as the orange M.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Totally agree. Right now, Ex-Aid is good, maybe even very good. But it has the potentially to be excellent, amazing, moving. But for some reason, whether it's time-constraints, lack of experience, or lack of polish, it doesn't take that extra step that could elevate it to the next level. I'm happy where Ex-Aid is now, but I feel like it could have been a contender for a top-tier Rider series if it had tried.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's a shame that it's taken this long to pick up. And even as good as it is, I still feel the secondary Riders are still a bit flat as characters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Be sure to buy the spin offs for Brave and Snipe and Lazer for that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Onore Toei.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I swear it's like as soon as the Gaim Gaidens came in, we've been getting specials that focus on the riders and in some cases cut pieces of the show and repackaged them as specials like in Ghost's case as well as Ex-Aid's case or maybe for Ex-Aid I should call them DLC
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Be sure to buy the spin offs for Brave and Snipe and Lazer for that.
Wait, there's a Lazer spin-off?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Be sure to buy the spin offs for Brave and Snipe and Lazer for that.
Wait, there's a Lazer spin-off?
Yes, and not only is it a magazine mail-away exclusive, but it's limited to 10 thousand copies only. I sent away for it, but someone will probably put it on auction even if we're not part of the first 10 thousand
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I am thou, thou art I....
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Wait, there's a Lazer spin-off?
Yes, and not only is it a magazine mail-away exclusive, but it's limited to 10 thousand copies only. I sent away for it, but someone will probably put it on auction even if we're not part of the first 10 thousand
I don't know whether to call Toei crafty SOBs or just regular SOBs...

Either way, thanks for sending out for it, Luna! :D
Alessar wrote:I am thou, thou art I....
Shakespeare Brothers XX?
Ahoge-dono
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Faiz, Dekranger
2nd Favorite Series: Double, Magiranger
Dreamy: Lucca Milfy
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "Do you have the courage...to ride with the devil?"

Post by Ahoge-dono »

You can write off the Emu getting Poppy to smile a cop-out if you consider which Gashat Poppy was using during the episode. If beating the objective of the game produces a "Game Clear", then Emu won by doing what you're supposed to do to win a dating sim: Making the girl happy. Even if Poppy is originally a rhythm game Bugster, you can argue that appeasing the mascot character is also part of clearing the game.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”