KR Ex-Aid 29 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
94%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 31
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 29 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Pa Pa Perfect Paradox

Last week's poll rating: 4.72 / 5 (29 votes)

That was an awesome episode. I love seeing Paradox in action, and even if I totally don't understand it, it's nice seeing him trick Emu. But man, everyone else sure has a case of plot stupidity. It was annoying seeing the side characters act as exposition dumps for stuff the audience probably already figured out.

It's going to get confusing when people call Emu M, since we now know M is Parado.

It's cool that we now know Poppy took over Kuroto's mom. That's a nice twist.

So two Level 50's add up to 99, eh? I guess 99 is the level cap, but still. That's bad math!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 29 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The villain of the hour is in top form and I love the show for it. I hope this can top the Hiromu VS Enter storyline from GoBusters.

Spoiler
But why do you still have the Bugvisor 2, Poppy-chan??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I love clever villains and Poppy was dead right when she pointed out that Parado is really smart - it really feels like he’s been playing everyone like a fiddle this whole time. This episode was definitely his crowning achievement - trick your "enemy" into doubling your power while also weakening himself and making him dependent on you if he wants to live? I don’t know that it qualifies exactly as a Xanatos gambit, but right now it’s hard to imagine a scenario where he loses.

I'm guessing that not all the episodes included in the flashbacks have been released on Blu-ray yet, so unless you have a recording of the episode or have a photographic memory, the refresher on how this was foreshadowed was nice. I caught most of the clues by going back to watch earlier episodes after 28 aired, but I didn't realize the extent to which Parado's state of mind was influencing or echoed by Emu. I can't quite tell if it was deliberate on Parado's part, or an example of how similar Emu and Parado think since Parado was originally part of Emu. His dialogue about them being “connected” could go either way.

Impressive debut for Perfect Knockout. I cringed when L2 Brave went against a L99. It was nice that we finally got to see Taddle Fantasy again, even if it felt like he was disposed of just as easily as his L2 form.

Fun stuff with Poppy hinting at future developments. The implication was strong that she was Dan's mom, but I'll guess an older sister just to be contrary. Rider loves giving its characters sister complexes, which more often than not become key to the plot's resolution.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

An evil Rider with a sister complex? I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Also, if it's a sister, they can have Poppy's actress play her since she'd still be young. I figure that's why we don't get to see Poppy's victim. I mean, if they just wanted to introduce a new character from Dan's past, they could have used any random woman since they'd be a mystery with no other context.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

good episode although its yeah confusing to call Emu M right now.
bad math, indeed.

other than that it's an amazing debut for perfect knockout & really make me curious about what will come in the next episodes
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Boukensilver06
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Boukensilver06 »

This new plot development doesn't make sense. If he was M all along, including being one of the twins, how was he able to fight as the twins against Paradox in episode 16?

You can see both twins in this screenshot (the legs of the other one are in the background). Unless Paradox can make himself appear in two different places at once, this reveal just shatters a big part of the plot.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This is one of the reasons that I don't think Ex-Aids writing is as tight as everyone says it is. Like it definitely has gotten better and hopefully they'll explain it, but it seems stupid to have M as a persona for the whole series while Parad has clearly been separated from him since the surgery years ago. What makes it more frustrating is that the opening clearly shows they had this in mind the whole time but it doesn't feel like they executed it well. Say what you want about Sanjos shows, but the extra attention to detail in the writing leaving nothing unanswered as the plot went on gives them that extra level of enjoyment.

In saying that, the action this episode was great. When I first saw promo images for Para-DXs Level 99 form I wasn't sold (especially with the robe thing) but it looks way better in action. The weapon is odd, but I guess they need to sell a new toy for it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:This is one of the reasons that I don't think Ex-Aids writing is as tight as everyone says it is. Like it definitely has gotten better and hopefully they'll explain it, but it seems stupid to have M as a persona for the whole series while Parad has clearly been separated from him since the surgery years ago
Agreed. I mean, it's a simple thing. If you know this is the twist, don't make the twins for Paradox. It's that simple.

Although, I guess the implication is that he's only Parado when he's red eyes? Does anyone have a list of times when he red eyed?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. It would have been neat if the just didn't have Parad and Mighty Brothers appear together at all and nobody really realised until now.

Also, I think Emu was more mindbroken by the fact that he keeps saying he'll clear with no continues but actually as gotten one from Parad.

Despite my criticisms, I still am enjoying the direction things have been progressing in the last few weeks. My only concern is that it doesn't feel like the Chronicle game arc is not going to take up the rest of the season at the current pacing and the ending might be a little trash.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Boukensilver06 wrote:This new plot development doesn't make sense. If he was M all along, including being one of the twins, how was he able to fight as the twins against Paradox in episode 16?

You can see both twins in this screenshot (the legs of the other one are in the background). Unless Paradox can make himself appear in two different places at once, this reveal just shatters a big part of the plot.
Maybe that is why it was a one time thing.

Good episode.
NOMarfo
Boukensilver06
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Boukensilver06 »

I agree with everybody else that this series is very good, and I am enjoying it a lot. I just couldn't get over that minor detail.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

You guys remember when Dan created a copy of himself? Yeah... that's probably what Parado did.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I just kind of figured that there was a tiny fraction of Parado left over in Emu after the separation - a fraction which can become the "brother" in that form. Could also explain all those red-eyed Emu moments.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I had way too much time to kill this afternoon and overthought things.
Boukensilver06 wrote:This new plot development doesn't make sense. If he was M all along, including being one of the twins, how was he able to fight as the twins against Paradox in episode 16?
It's not so much that M is Parado. Unless I have the timeline screwed up, the idea for Mighty Brothers predated Dan infecting Emu because it was one of the games he created around the time he sent his fan letter to Dan, which kicked off this whole sequence of events. If we can believe Parado's monologue, lonely little Emu basically had an imaginary friend (possibly to be the other half of his Mighty Brothers). The virus latched on to that when Emu got infected, and the imaginary friend began growing into what we know as Parado. Parado grew up with Emu, but he didn't have a body of his own so he began to influence Emu's personality and rearrange his priorities (gaming over his dream of being a doctor) - until Parado was surgically removed by the Doctor from the movie that hasn't been released on DVD yet but we keep seeing clips of. So without Parado's constant presence, Emu went back to his boring laid-back nice-guy personality and re-prioritized being a doctor over gaming. M is just Emu's gaming handle, and Parado was the dominant personality when Emu was gaming. That's probably why Parado prefers calling him "M" when he talks to him - that's the part of Emu he prefers.

Mighty Brothers represents the two halves of Emu that have existed since before he was even infected - the enthusiastic gamer and the timid half that idolized the doctor who saved him. So, no, it wasn't an error to have Paradox fight Mighty Brothers because the M half of Mighty Brothers isn't Parado. This episode is the exception, and it's the first time we've seen him use Mighty Brothers while possessed. Parado basically took advantage of the fact that he had supported the M part of Emu for so long that he manifested in the orange half. After all, it still had to be Emu's body in both halves of Mighty Brothers at that point because Parado couldn't yet use the Gamer Driver as a 100% Bugster. (Honestly, I was more surprised that he could still possess Emu at the end of the episode if he's part human now, unless it's because his human genes are based on his host human.)

I think the red eyes is a sign that Parado is influencing Emu but not necessarily to the point of possessing him, but that's the aspect of their relationship that I'm the least clear about right now. That's why I'm curious to see what comes of Parado's claim that his and Emu's hearts are connected, because it could be that Emu has just as good a chance of influencing Parado if he tries. The flashbacks they did for the red eyes (Emu getting angry with Genm interfering with his transformation and Genm eliminating Burgemon) showed Emu expressing ideas that were then echoed by Parado. From what I can tell from a quick run-through, there were three other times Emu had the red eyes - (1) the first time, when Emu was covered in the virus cloud from the blank gashat, right before he created the Mighty Brothers gashat, (2) after Dan confessed that he infected Emu and then extracted the mature virus to cause all of the infections over the past 6 years, and (3) when he created the Maximum Mighty X gashat.

Is it perfect writing? Nah, of course not. But it's the most I've enjoyed Rider since Gaim ended, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I guess I'm just super confused, since it's hard to disentangle M from Parado. Both love games. I'm pretty sure from the conversation that he basically confesses to being the one who fought Nico in the past. If Orange Ex-Aid isn't Parado, then why does he use "ore" and love games? So does that mean there's two Emu's and Parado is a third guy? What happened to the Ore M when Parado took over the orange Ex-Aid? It just seems like they're supposed to be the same guy?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”